Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dear UI Team,

BlipBlip Member
edited April 5 in General Discussion
Dear UI Team,

Can I just say that I hope buffs/debuffs like this and others can be moved and resized on an individual basis? When you have some visual impairment, this is a huge problem when we want to perform as well as everyone who can see well.

srn6qnxbx9do.png

I love mechanics like this, but my experience is that it's hard when you don't see too well to be competitive and efficient when you can't see all the information you need.

So, I hope you can move, resize, and even turn on sound cues for this type of stuff.
That would be epic, with sounds you can add or even make and add yourself.

Much love!

Comments

• Options
    UI is still temporary. And I believe they have said UI will be adjustable.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    BlipBlip Member
    edited April 5
    UI is still temporary. And I believe they have said UI will be adjustable.

I know, but this is my greatest worry: not being able to customize enough. That's what I used addons for in the past.

So, I just want to draw attention to this as early as possible. It will be one of my main focuses on feedback in Alpha 2 as well.
  • Options
    SavicSavic Member
    oh yes this is something i forget how important it is because some debuffs are worse than others for different builds
  • Options
    XeegXeeg Member
    I'm huge on this idea. If they are a state of the art MMO, or "next generation MMO", they should be implementing the best in class practices from the ADDON community.

In my opinion, if they are going to ban addons, they have the responsibility to provide the functionality that many addons provide.
  • Options
    k3mrak3mra Member
    I would also like if we can make a few seperate debuff tabs so that we can sort debuffs by dot´s, stat decrease (like attack speed) and cc´s

If the UI would allow this i would do all seperate on the right center of the screen under each other sortet by time horizontaly. ^^
  • Options
    BlipBlip Member
    You are so right, both of you. Glad to see it is not just me. The debuffs, buffs, and procs are so important information, especially when you see how fighters and mages work.

Hope to see Intrepid give us addon-quality UI customization for Ashes.
  • Options
    XeegXeeg Member
    Blip wrote: »
    You are so right, both of you. Glad to see it is not just me. The debuffs, buffs, and procs are so important information, especially when you see how fighters and mages work.

I am actually a huge fan of nameplates for limited buffs and debuffs as well. With of course, options for adjustments as players see fit.
  • Options
    XeegXeeg Member
    edited April 6
    It's like a company designing "the next generation" vehicle, but has handle operated windows and a tape player. No bluetooth, no usb ports, no cupholders, no adjustable seats, driver cant auto lock/roll windows, no flat tire sensor, no check engine lights...

And then people praise it for how simple and elegant it is, bringing back the old school design.

Next generation means that it should INCLUDE AND IMPROVE ON the best practices from the previous generations, not ignore them.
  • Options
    k3mrak3mra Member
    Xeeg wrote: »

I am actually a huge fan of nameplates for limited buffs and debuffs as well. With of course, options for adjustments as players see fit.

Yea i also like when some buffs/debuffs are shown on the nameplates, but they should be very limited or you can customise what is shown

Oh, and btw on the flipside i also would be fine with absoluly none debuffs are shown on nameplates or target frame and just have visual clues of what kind of effects are present
  • Options
    BlipBlip Member
    k3mra wrote: »
    Xeeg wrote: »

Yea i also like when some buffs/debuffs are shown on the nameplates, but they should be very limited or you can customise what is shown

Oh, and btw on the flipside i also would be fine with absoluly none debuffs are shown on nameplates or target frame and just have visual clues of what kind of effects are present

Yes, that can be fine until you are dependent on colors to see what has proct If you're colorblind, you are basically screwed if you don't have icons and/or text displaying the same information.
  • Options
    k3mrak3mra Member
    Yes, that can be fine until you are dependent on colors to see what has proct If you're colorblind, you are basically screwed if you don't have icons and/or text displaying the same information.

True. Didnt thought of any disabilities.
  • Options
    XeegXeeg Member
    edited April 6
    k3mra wrote: »

Really, that is the ideal situation. When the character abilities that are important to you are obvious through spell effects, rather than UI. This is what everyone would want in a perfect world.

However, in reality, you have dozens of spells going on during big battles and it can be very difficult to tell which effects are going on which players. And sometimes the effects that are important to you aren't the ones that are obvious through spell effects.

Maybe you only care about which bleeds are on them, but you can't see that because they are whirl winding. Or maybe your spell damage is immune to their shield block, but is countered by their spell reflect. They activate both shield block and spell reflect at the same time, but the shield block spell effect overshadows the spell reflect effect, so you can't see that they have it up.

At some point, without being able to clearly see what effects are on a character, it can be impossible to time kill windows, know when to switch off/on, or combo with. This is more frustrating than fun.

Maybe in an action combat game like diablo, where you only have a few skills, and the monsters only have a couple abilities, you dont need icons indicating which buffs/debuffs are present. But in an MMO where you typically have dozens of buffs/debuffs, it is really nice to be able to highlight the ones your character cares about the most and put them where your eyes already are, like on the character/nameplate.