Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mounts, pets and anything you collect as a cosmetic must not take up bag space.

Hello all, on facebook AOC recently replied to me that at the moment pets and mounts use up bag space and while this is likely to change, im just here to explain why it must change.

1. Collecting is really fun and is only possible when they dont take up bag space.
This on its own is enough but ill continue.
2. If pets and mounts take up bag space, you take away thousands of hours of player made content.
Asmongolds mount off and transmog competitions are the very heart of what it means to play MMOs, people getting together and playing in a way that the developers didnt even intend, none of that was pissible until WOLTK, when blizz made one of their best changes.

I could go on but the longer i make this, the less it will be retained.

Please devs, be it mounts, pets, tabards, cosmetic transmogs, toys anything, none of it should take up bag space, let us collect.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I'd say tamed and processed mounts and pets shouldn't have weight, but the stuff you just caught in the wild should either take up inventory slots or should have weight. Simply so that people can't spend hours and hours catching wild animals before returning to the node (cause gatherers of other professions are seemingly not intended to be able to do that either).
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    Grimseethe wrote: »
    Hello all, on facebook AOC recently replied to me that at the moment pets and mounts use up bag space and while this is likely to change, im just here to explain why it must change.

1. Collecting is really fun and is only possible when they dont take up bag space.
    This on its own is enough but ill continue.
    2. If pets and mounts take up bag space, you take away thousands of hours of player made content.
    Asmongolds mount off and transmog competitions are the very heart of what it means to play MMOs, people getting together and playing in a way that the developers didnt even intend, none of that was pissible until WOLTK, when blizz made one of their best changes.

I could go on but the longer i make this, the less it will be retained.

Please devs, be it mounts, pets, tabards, cosmetic transmogs, toys anything, none of it should take up bag space, let us collect.

Thank you.

they mentioned a stable. you would probably be able to collect mounts, but you cant carry them all at the same time because once you get them out of the stable, they occupy a bag slot.

also, wow is different. mounts were just cosmetics in wow. in aoc, mounts will have an impact on gameplay.
  • Options
    They could incorporate a stable or even a seperate bag for such items.... In the end though much of ashes will be a grind and take time to collect things. So one might only have 2 or 3 mounts and not hundreds.... dependent on how rare aquiring these items are will really determine if this is annoying. Also the fact they are doing skins will largely influence this. Maybe you only have 4 mount types. Therefore it only takes 4 bag spaces and then you just reskin them.

I don't think this will be a huge problem. You can only ride one mount at a time at any rate.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    I'd say tamed and processed mounts and pets shouldn't have weight, but the stuff you just caught in the wild should either take up inventory slots or should have weight. Simply so that people can't spend hours and hours catching wild animals before returning to the node (cause gatherers of other professions are seemingly not intended to be able to do that either).

Maybe the one you've just tamed in the wild won't be a mount itself, but can be bred with another non-mount to create a mount?

That way, you keep the tamed creatures in your inventory and able to be looted, but your actual mounts themselves can stay separate?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    Hmmm, I go out and capture a wild (insert rare animal here). How do I drop 20% of that? We don't really need an answer to that. It'll likely be the same as the chance of dropping 1 piece of ore. I'd argue that a living thing like this might have only allow one in your inventory

I agree that they should have inventory space until they are a finished crafted product via animal husbandry.

However, if mounts (or pets) have different combat/gathering/etc bonuses then they should take up inventory space
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    Grimseethe wrote: »
    Asmongolds mount off and transmog competitions are the very heart of what it means to play MMOs.

Thank you.

Funny cause I thought of his Mount off streams just before you wrote it.
    This is why I started watching him and then it was only 2 or 3 more and then he quit for good.
    °long sigh°
    It was Asmongold who brought out the best aspects of WoW ironically and he is treated like "an grumpy complainer" by Blizzard to this day, just because they refuse to do what is necessary to make the game more popular again.
    ... which might be good for us now ironically cause I hope WoW will stay as it is now so that as many WoW-exilants as possible jump onto Ashes when it finally launches.
    I know that *I* will do it.

And it really is true that limited bagspace is the bane of a continous playsessions existence.
    To me it is impossible to ever forget the feeling I had when I first bought the
    Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak
    0ljhvotd1a8z.jpg

All of a sudden... BOOM "unlimited bag space" when it comes to selling all those flavoured trash items which only drop with the sole purpose to be sold anyway!!
    I never had the biggest bags. Not the smallest either, but definitely not the biggest.
    Cause the biggest bags were always overpriced in the auctionhouse for my taste.
    Buying this Yak was not necessarily priceless either but damn... this is what I call a quality of life improvement on a level I had rarely felt in WoW.

Do not even think about collectibles; The freedom of not having to worry that you're bags are full and you are missing out on pocketmoney - which over time - accumulates to the just that amount of coin necessary to buy the things you might want.
    -50% stress = +50% having a good time. :star::star::star::star::star:
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg