Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PVP location

Will it be possible to make a separate PVP location? For example, as it is in the Lord of the Rings online (Ettenmoors). In these locations, players earn ranks. Footman, Esquire, Guardsman, Man-at-Arms, Sergeant of the Guard , Sergeant-at-Arms, Master Guardsman, Master-at-Arms, High Warden, Lieutenant, Commander, Third Marshal, Second Marshall, First Marshall, Captain-General. all these titles give small buffs only in this location. and in pve they are only decorative in nature and icons and nicknames are displayed. And in pvp locations, you can fight as much as you want, 24 \ 7 and without any penalties. Also, those locations have their own currency, which can be exchanged for PVP clothes, bijou, banks for regen mans and hp. Buy mounts and decorative items that display the rank. For example, cloaks with a rank icon painted on them. it looks beautiful and from afar you can see that this player is making a huge contribution to the fighting in this location

Comments

• Options
    tul1petul1pe Member
    There are also capture points on this location - such as locks, posts. The faction that captures them gets a small bonus . there are also mini bosses, when they are killed, the faction gets a buff for 1 hour. and there are a number of quests that also give a little currency to this location.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    no
  • Options
    I am not fond of that type of game design at all, this is the nicest thing I can say about it :dizzy:
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited April 20
    The kind of thing you are talking about in the OP is simply not what Ashes is about.

It works for games that want to have both good PvE as well as good PvP other than arenas (LotRO has better PvE than Ashes is capable of having). It is arguably the only way for a game to have both PvE and PvP be objectively good, but when the focus of the game is just PvP as is the case for Ashes, it doesn't work.
  • Options
    tul1pe wrote: »
    Will it be possible to make a separate PVP location? For example, as it is in the Lord of the Rings online (Ettenmoors). In these locations, players earn ranks. Footman, Esquire, Guardsman, Man-at-Arms, Sergeant of the Guard , Sergeant-at-Arms, Master Guardsman, Master-at-Arms, High Warden, Lieutenant, Commander, Third Marshal, Second Marshall, First Marshall, Captain-General. all these titles give small buffs only in this location. and in pve they are only decorative in nature and icons and nicknames are displayed. And in pvp locations, you can fight as much as you want, 24 \ 7 and without any penalties. Also, those locations have their own currency, which can be exchanged for PVP clothes, bijou, banks for regen mans and hp. Buy mounts and decorative items that display the rank. For example, cloaks with a rank icon painted on them. it looks beautiful and from afar you can see that this player is making a huge contribution to the fighting in this location

I heard/read that for Example in " (PvP) Arena's ", things like Corruption are set off.

You can fight, kill, be killed and everything in between all Day long and nothing is stopping You, i think. Well maybe Repair Costs for Armor and Weapons. No Idea how much PvP affects Durability in Case Ashes uses Durability on gear.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    tul1petul1pe Member
    That's why I started talking about a separate map in the pvp game, so that people could safely fight and not be afraid of fines. Well, let's say I understand why many people don't like this idea. And what do you think about the rank system, titles, nicknames and rank badges near the nickname?
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 21
    The Open Seas is an area of the map where everyone is a Combatant.
    Ashes will not have separate PvP Gear.
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited April 21
    That's why I started talking about a separate map in the pvp game, so that people could safely fight and not be afraid of fines.

I think that is the very issue people have with your suggestion.
    AoC´s philosophy is the opposite to themepark mmos, where content is fenced off into areas or instances, that disconnect you from the game.
    It is supposed be a living and breathing open world, where you can not fence your self off the actions of other players and instead engage with them, if you want to alter the course of how the world develops.
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited April 21
    Dygz wrote: »
    The Open Seas is an area of the map where everyone is a Combatant.
    Ashes will not have separate PvP Gear.

^This.^

The High Seas are PvP only, tul1pe … so you’ll be able to go to those areas and have guaranteed PvP as much as you want.
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    edited April 23
    PvP lakes are an easy thing to add in to AoC due to the flagging system. They could be permanent (the ocean) or temporary (event based), as well as the opt-in-no-penalty event stuff like caravans.

I personally like the PvP lake concept, but it needs good management. One of the better pvp lake concepts are ESO's Cyrodiil. I can't stress enough how important it is to give small group/solo players a way to band together to take an objective...as well as actually having objectives (in Cyrodiil's case, a 3-sided battle over keeps and Emperorship). Otherwise you get people only going into the PvP lake when they are part of a full group or raid. Attendance drops hard when this is the case.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Spif wrote: »
    PvP lakes are an easy thing to add in to AoC due to the flagging system. They could be permanent (the ocean) or temporary (event based), as well as the opt-in-no-penalty event stuff like caravans.

I personally like the PvP lake concept, but it needs good management. One of the better pvp lake concepts are ESO's Cyrodiil. I can't stress enough how important it is to give small group/solo players a way to band together to take an objective...as well as actually having objectives (in Cyrodiil's case, a 3-sided battle over keeps and Emperorship). Otherwise you get people only going into the PvP lake when they are part of a full group or raid. Attendance drops hard when this is the case.

That's what node wars, castle wars and siege events are for.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    SpifSpif Member
    Hinotori wrote: »

Not at all. Those will be rare (weekly or monthly), scheduled for specific times of the day, highly structured and probably invite only due to the high stakes involved
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    At least 5 mini Node Sieges each week + Caravans.
    In addition to Node Wars and Guild Wars.
  • Options
    Hinotori wrote: »

Not at all. Those will be rare (weekly or monthly), scheduled for specific times of the day, highly structured and probably invite only due to the high stakes involved

only castle sieges and you cant prevent people from participating.
    for nod ewars, any citizine of the warring nodes can participate.
    events, well events happen often and anyone can join (caravans).
    then you also have guild wars.
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    That's why I started talking about a separate map in the pvp game, so that people could safely fight and not be afraid of fines. Well, let's say I understand why many people don't like this idea. And what do you think about the rank system, titles, nicknames and rank badges near the nickname?

Maybe your suggestion could have been posted in this tread some time ago
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/58920/dev-discussion-60-esports

also check what they already mentioned. Maybe something similar is already planned.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Arenas#Server_vs_server
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's called the open ocean.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif