Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Been gone 2 years, what have I missed?

Life has a away of taking hold of a person, and putting them in the blender, then pouring them out. But I got though it all, so I found my way back here. I been trying to flow this game, been hard, but still I am trying to keep up with the latest news.
So, having said that, what is the newest thing I should know about this game?
I know it's still in Alpha one, and Alpha two is coming, but that's about it.

So fill me in, ok please. Also, yes I will be reading the forums, but I will be coming back here for any help to get the info I am looking for.

Thx for you time guys. Been a tough two years.

Comments

• Options
    OtrOtr Member
    - the ocean size was increased and became a PvP zone
    - number of nodes was reduced to 85. Each metropolis will have up to 12 vassals
    - freeholds are limited in number and players can buy them from other players
    - each 4 node types got a specific currency which cannot be traded to other players
    - resources will be collected into bags of different shapes (you will not always be able to loot anything)
    - certificates are called now glint and there is a corrupted version of it
    - with glint you can buy commodities from NPCs and transport them with caravans to other nodes, to increase their price. Price gets higher also when origin node is destroyed
    - max lvl crafting stations are: 1 in each lvl 5 node and 2 in each metropolis. So up to 15 on the map
    - max level processing stations are only in freeholds
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Welcome back, Granthor. Sorry to hear life has been so challenging.

If it’s helpful, Lazypeon has been doing a series of summary videos on Ashes’ progress every few months. They are pretty comprehensive and pull directly from each month’s update with intrepid. So if there’s a particular month that looks interesting you can directly reference the Ashes YouTube feed for more info.

Here’s the latest summary video:

https://youtu.be/KRHyb1kzlzI?si=HE5uzN_br7miA1CW
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited April 21
    Watch Narc's recap videos about the livestreams or just the livestreams themselves. It'd be a bit too long to describe all of that shit in a post.

edit: oh right, good call from Crow. Peon has been doing bigger recaps as well.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Alpha 2 will go live during the third quarter this year, sometime between July 1 and the end of September.
  • Options
    Respect for wrestling with Life without breaking down apparently. 🫡

granthor wrote: »
    Been gone 2 years, what have I missed ?

The monthly Presentations/Live-Streams of Ashes of Creation since August 2023 are absolutely delicious. Okay maybe before as well but i am to lazy to watch them, s~ooo ... ^.^ ... x'D

You made a good Call doing a Break of at least two Years. I bet most People should do that. As the waiting Time for this awesome Game seems to want to compete with things like Duke Nukem Forever, Star Citizen, or Yandere Simulator. x'D ( Please nobody stone me for mentioning those. Okay maybe a little. <3 )

I haven't even seen all "Sets" (Clothing, Armor, etc.) that is in the Game in Development, but many of the Insights i had since August 2023 are absolutely amazing. Roleplayers will enjoy this Game. The different Seasons as well.

You can have nice, long Videos to watch in Case you are curious. And since Alpha Two is about Three Months or so away, it isn't also an Eternity away to see new Tests in Action. :smile:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Life has a away of taking hold of a person, and putting them in the blender, then pouring them out. But I got though it all, so I found my way back here. I been trying to flow this game, been hard, but still I am trying to keep up with the latest news.

So fill me in, ok please. Also, yes I will be reading the forums, but I will be coming back here for any help to get the info I am looking for.

Welcome back! Go read through the Memes Thread - should help to cheer you up.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »
    - each 4 node types got a specific currency which cannot be traded to other players
    - resources will be collected into bags of different shapes (you will not always be able to loot anything)
    - with glint you can buy commodities from NPCs and transport them with caravans to other nodes, to increase their price. Price gets higher also when origin node is destroyed
    - max lvl crafting stations are: 1 in each lvl 5 node and 2 in each metropolis. So up to 15 on the map

Oh this is news to me.
    1. Bigger oceans and its PvP Only?
    2. I can see the nodes being reduced, better to start smaller, and add more later as needed.
    3. The freeholds I am not sure on this, sounds like UO back in the day. But there it was limited to the size of the map. So if all the spots where taken, that was it.
    4. Not sure I like the currency being limited by race. Maybe the gold or silver an still hope a base value, so you can still trade it between other races, but at a low cost.
    5. The bags sounds ok, only a wait and see how it works over time.
    6. The glint, the crafting, and all the others I see it as a work t improve it as we start to see how it work in game play.

Over all thx for this info, I will be looking into more later.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

Welcome back! Go read through the Memes Thread - should help to cheer you up.

Thx I will check it out over the weekend, after I clean up the garage a bit. Been putting that off for a couple months. lol
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Respect for wrestling with Life without breaking down apparently. 🫡

Been gone 2 years, what have I missed ?

The monthly Presentations/Live-Streams of Ashes of Creation since August 2023 are absolutely delicious. Okay maybe before as well but i am to lazy to watch them, s~ooo ... ^.^ ... x'D

You made a good Call doing a Break of at least two Years. I bet most People should do that. As the waiting Time for this awesome Game seems to want to compete with things like Duke Nukem Forever, Star Citizen, or Yandere Simulator. x'D ( Please nobody stone me for mentioning those. Okay maybe a little. <3 )

I haven't even seen all "Sets" (Clothing, Armor, etc.) that is in the Game in Development, but many of the Insights i had since August 2023 are absolutely amazing. Roleplayers will enjoy this Game. The different Seasons as well.

You can have nice, long Videos to watch in Case you are curious. And since Alpha Two is about Three Months or so away, it isn't also an Eternity away to see new Tests in Action. :smile:

I know what you mean. I wasn't planning on the break, but real life came a calling hardcore. Lost family and friends, been hard. Even lost my job I had for over 15 years due to cut backs. It was a sucky 2 years. But I am still here, and I am doing better.
  • Options
    Welcome back.

While people can list some 'misses', and you can watch a bunch of catchup vids, in a lot of ways - you haven't missed much at all. The Dev timeline hasn't accelerated or decelerated too much. Full release still maybe 2 or more years away. Some questions answered, some not. The waiting crowd has basically been kicking rocks down the road.

Which reminds us the world keeps revolving without us. While your absence sounds unfortunately forced, I think it's good to take a break when you can too. Find time to smell the flowers, hug your kids, call your mum, that kind of thing. Not the most original advice I admit, but getting too absorbed in one thing, even the promise of a great game, can be unhealthy.

I hope everything is going to improve for you. I lost a family member recently too. It does, eventually, get better.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    chibibree wrote: »
    Welcome back, Granthor!

Thx glad I am back. I started a new story over at Creations. I am trying out something new. I hope it works out.
  • Options
    AnimusRex wrote: »
    Welcome back.

While people can list some 'misses', and you can watch a bunch of catchup vids, in a lot of ways - you haven't missed much at all. The Dev timeline hasn't accelerated or decelerated too much. Full release still maybe 2 or more years away. Some questions answered, some not. The waiting crowd has basically been kicking rocks down the road.

Which reminds us the world keeps revolving without us. While your absence sounds unfortunately forced, I think it's good to take a break when you can too. Find time to smell the flowers, hug your kids, call your mum, that kind of thing. Not the most original advice I admit, but getting too absorbed in one thing, even the promise of a great game, can be unhealthy.

I hope everything is going to improve for you. I lost a family member recently too. It does, eventually, get better.

I know, it very hard when you lose both parents, on both sides for my wife and I,. I mean I keep looking for them to call us, but that's not happening. Last year was the worst of it, but I am slowly getting over it all.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Sorry, Granthor. That sounds like an awful period of life. I lost a number of family in COVID including my mother. Hope you find solace as time passes.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Otr wrote: »
    4. Not sure I like the currency being limited by race. Maybe the gold or silver an still hope a base value, so you can still trade it between other races, but at a low cost.

The gold still exist. They just added this new type of currency:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bound_currencies

Node types have specific bound currencies that are earned through personal progression within the node.[1][2][10][3]
    - Honor at military nodes for completing PvP-related activities.[1][10]
    - Favor at divine nodes for completing divine questlines and story arcs.[1][10]

A bound currency that's used to purchase a number of different types of vendorable items that exist within nodes. It is not player-to-player currency. It is not intended to be traded between players, but instead it interacts with these unique vendors that supply a large segment of necessary components for a number of different things: whether it be crafting, enchantments, a lot of different things that exist within the node. This is the reason why you would want to acquire that currency so you have access to those types of items.[11] – Steven Sharif