Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Example of what I am expecting to not see in AOC community

Hey so like many of us while chomping at the bit to play AOC I am playing other games. Currently Playing WOW SOD.

Why do I mention this? Currently there is a way to grief players by casting a damaging spell on them, causing high lvl NPCs to attack the targeted person.

I pointed out that the issue is getting out of hand and needs to be fixed, and that post got deleted because it was offensive...

So I reposted the issue, again got taken down by the devs.

If they wanted to hide the issue, or make it not public I can see that but at least address the issue, or something like [info redacted] but we are aware and working on it.

Anyhow just hoping this team will do something like the below and with the transparency we are seeing i think we can expect as much.

Just wanted to point out how other games can be a bit wonky with their player base :)

hope to see you all in game soon!!

Comments

• Options
    KilionKilion Member
    Intrepid has probably the most open development process in the history of MMO development, they have been getting a lot of sh!t for it, most of the time without deserving it, sometime understandably so. At this point, as long as you lay out your concerns with systems or certain mechanics, I doubt you will see Intrepid take down your posts.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Letterz wrote: »
    I pointed out that the issue is getting out of hand and needs to be fixed, and that post got deleted because it was offensive...

Forums are not the appropriate channel for reporting a bug or issue with the game.

Deleting your post with no further action or acknowledgement is the only thing for them to do.
  • Options
    Letterz wrote: »
    Hey so like many of us while chomping at the bit to play AOC I am playing other games. Currently Playing WOW SOD.

Why do I mention this? Currently there is a way to grief players by casting a damaging spell on them, causing high lvl NPCs to attack the targeted person.

If they wanted to hide the issue, or make it not public I can see that but at least address the issue, or something like [info redacted] but we are aware and working on it.

Anyhow just hoping this team will do something like the below and with the transparency we are seeing i think we can expect as much.

Just wanted to point out how other games can be a bit wonky with their player base :)

hope to see you all in game soon!!

are you talking about this?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sod-homunculi-bug-griefing/1813807
    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/1b1xytv/homunculi_griefing/
    https://www.wowhead.com/classic/spell=402799/homunculi

that's really funny btw xD but that sounds more like a bug, not an intended mechanic...its expected that devs fix bugs.

also, not griefing. bug abuse? sure, griefing? nope. you are in a PVP server.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Deleting your post with no further action or acknowledgement is the only thing for them to do.

I know we can " edit " our Comments,

but is there a Delete-Function somewhere ? I forgot what exactly it was, but i think around last December i made a Comment and then found out it was pointless because the Question i wanted to ask was answered like Instant Moments later,

but then i couldn't delete the Comment and only edit or so, to say that my Question was answered already or something. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

I know we can " edit " our Comments,

but is there a Delete-Function somewhere ? I forgot what exactly it was, but i think around last December i made a Comment and then found out it was pointless because the Question i wanted to ask was answered like Instant Moments later,

but then i couldn't delete the Comment and only edit or so, to say that my Question was answered already or something. :D

"is the only thing for them to do"

No, we can't delete posts, but Intrepid and their mods can do. Not sure if we have a list somewhere of mods we can reach out to?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/