Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Essence is HunterxHunter Nen?

I hope the dev's and writers have watched the anime HunterxHunter. I've read about Essence and have gathered that it is a more vague version of nen. It would be great if the player/character power system of this game was well explained and not open to interpretation.

Safe Link to a youtube video about HunterxHunter's Nen(Essence) explained: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCk7ebI7Vk4

If the essence is left vague it would be difficult to get into our classes.

Side note: still hoping to get a true swordsman class that isn't using vampire healing. :/

Comments

• Options
    SpaceWolfSpaceWolf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nen is just the name Hunter x Hunter uses for its power system; while various abilities can be created by using Nen, Nen itself is basically just a Vague Life Aura Thing, or VLAT for short if you will.

To be more precise, Nen is essentially the discipline with which HxH characters refine their auras into powers, but, importantly, any given power can only actually DO a few things at most, and it's rare for characters to have more than a couple such powers.

So for example, if somebody decides to use their aura abilities to make a fireball, it's functionally little different from a Mage in any other system using their MP for that. You're still limited by the physical properties of fire (i.e. elemental resistances), and more importantly, you're also limited by your affinity for emitting projectile attacks in the first place.

Different people in HxH are more suited for one category type or another, which is basically analogous to classes; you could easily call a Fighter in Ashes an Enhancer, because they're basically the same thing - using 'MP' to directly enhance their physicality rather than using it to launch fireballs.

Hope that clarifies things!