Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which is the kind of Housing You are most likely aiming for ?

AszkalonAszkalon Member
edited April 25 in General Discussion
So According to the Wiki - there will be Three ("Four"?, with Inn's ?) Types of Player Housing in Ashes of Creation.

fp0r0bdz4p6i.jpg

: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_housing

Long Story short - what is the type of Housing You are aiming for ? In Case you want a Place to call Home more than just sleeping under a Bridge (lol) or in Someone's Storeroom. Or Horse-stable if You happened to watch Konosuba. Hahah. Okay Jokes aside.

So You can have only ONE Freehold per Account.

ONE Apartment or static House per Server.

" Inn's " are named "most accessible".

I am curious about Taverns. Because i know of at least one awesome Person waiting for Ashes who wants to have his own Tavern. 😁

My own personal Choice,
this may sound greedy - but it want to aim for at least one Apartment or static House - and one Freehold at some time. I wouldn't even have a Problem with "just" being a Family Member of said Freehold, in Case this is how this works and someone else might be the Boss/Owner of the Freehold in Truth.

Be it a dusty, awesome little House - or having several Houses on your own little Plot of Land. Both are appealing.

What is your Aim ?
A humble little Tent in the Streets ? (Sadly not available ^.^ would make for nice Refugee Roleplay) Or do You want to own a whole Barony and give away Freeholds to your loyal Guildmembers ? ;) . :sunglasses:
a50whcz343yn.png

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Doubt I'll have a freehold, so Apartment will do.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited April 22
    I hope they have a good verity of instanced housing. I would love an apartment with a large balcony. Would be nice if they added instanced housing one day as well.

Open world housing will take more of my time then I care to experience. I want a house but I want to focus on other areas of the game.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    A tent. :)
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    HarlowHarlow Member
    I hate that I bought a lovely freehold building skin but will likely never get to use it. I will hope for static housing since it grows as the node does.
    i0xzy5byic4r.png
  • Options
    Don't think I'll be able to get a freehold, but will take an apartment.
  • Options
    Whatever is the most easiest one to get
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tavern most likely. Will drift between Taverns to horde loot in easy to access locations until I settle in a Node.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Will definitely shoot for both an early in-town house, as well as a Freehold.

You never know when your small house in the early stages will make it to mansion, in the up-levelled Nodes, and yours truly certainly wants to run a workshop off my Freehold.

• Options
    Aiming? None. At least if that's possible.

Might rent a room at an inn at times, who knows.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    A tent. :)

No honestly, hands down. If we could have our own "Tent" that we could use as a resting Place in a Node like some Hobo (lol) that would be amazing.

I could imagine that a Dünir Ranger like Crow would love to have one for the Wilderness, though. And then like in World of WoW-Token Craft, you set up a nice Fire/Cooking Place and Voila the Hunter Fantasy is complete.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    who needs housing when you have trees and caves? the whole map is my cave, if you enter it you die and I take your shit :D
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    who needs housing when you have trees and caves? the whole map is my cave, if you enter it you die and I take your shit :D

I think Goblins are not a playable Race yet, though ... ... :tongue:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »

I think Goblins are not a playable Race yet, though ... ... :tongue:

I'm an elf, I own a city too.
  • Options
    Whatever is the most easiest one to get

Took the words right out of my mouth. :smirk: Also an Empyrean! >bro fist<
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    DrezdenDrezden Member
    edited April 23
    Freehold - my First point
    fyosrcgrbxmp.gif
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited April 23
    My worry is all the game functionallity will be the Freehold only. IMO apartments need to be more then just for looks and storage. I get Freeholds need to be the big goal for the best the game has to give. Maybe potted plants could be a thing in the home, giving very small harvests. Maybe one refine and one crafting station. Or a banking NPC.

What kind of house do I want? Not just one for looks. I want some level of functionality but I don't want the work of a Freehold.
  • Options
    FULL Murderhobo
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    House in my node, maybe a Freehold down the road if it turns out feasible.
  • Options
    Chonkers wrote: »
    FULL Murderhobo

THAT's the Spirit !!! >;-)

tautau wrote: »
    House in my node, maybe a Freehold down the road if it turns out feasible.

Exactly what i try to aim for as well. If i can -> i will of Course try to get a Freehold at least once and see how nicely i can build it up. :smile:

If i can't, then meh. Comes Time comes Chance. An Apartment or static House are also nice. Static House of Course a little bit more.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Wiki:
    In-node housing will be at a premium, and is expected to be hotly contested.

Probably an apartment then : )
  • Options
    Apartment or Inn, I won't have the time to get the higher tier stuff but that's okay. Having my own little apartment in a node is more than enough and will feel like I have an anchor in the world.
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    House Atreides
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Freehold eventually. I have a nice skin for one I want to set up in my ideal biome but that will take time and a lot of money probably.
    signature.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For Alpha-2, my group will probably aim for Freehold, to help with testing and tuning of effort values.

If we play at release, it will depend on the tuning Intrepid chooses for Freehold Acquisition difficulty/benefit.

Individually, since only one of us needs to have the Freehold, then some in-node housing tests will probably also happen.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Managing a freehold and having a place of my own in the open world sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm more interested in crafting than processing, so my resources will likely be better spent on trying to acquire in-node housing. Especially since I plan on spending a decent amount of time out on the water and in town.

I'm still holding out hope that large sized ships can be modified to be your home with a captain's quarters that allow for the same amenities as an apartment - with the condition that you need to have a registered space at your coastal node's docks to use large ships, of which there are limited spots. If you lose your spot, then the ship gets locked in purgatory until you earn a registered place to park it again.

If we're enforcing limits on homes and homesteads that have less than or equal square footage to multi-level naval units, why not enforce limits on the use of those as well, while giving them appropriate benefits and customization for being earned and maintained?
  • Options
    MissionCreepMissionCreep Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As crafting is so interdependent, I think it's probably going to be most beneficial to be close to refining stations and shops and so forth. So the more readily-available housing will likely be a good option, and arguably the best depending on what the node has to offer and what the player needs.

Personally, I really want an open world location (freehold) to call my own. I personally don't mind running around a lot.
    To me it would be worth it to have a nice view and feel like I have my own real space in the world, someplace that isn't in a heavily populated area.
    On top of that, I have some good freehold cosmetics, so I think it would be fun to build my own area.

Even if you don't craft and need public stations, just having access to all the quest givers is another reason that the more basic housing is advantageous over a freehold.

[And of course it's going to be hard to even get a freehold.]

So really there's no bad answer. The only bad outcome would be wanting a freehold and not getting one. Which is going to happen to a lot of people.