Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What would i like to see on rogue

Hi, i was just thinking when i was watching new video and they were talking and saying the Bard will be next class that we will see i was sad it wont be rogue this time but i will wait because im so excited about rogue ... What u would like to see for abilities because i would like to see some fun abilities like for example that i was thinking of like "Shinobi" have that u will transform on wood and u will be on another place, and it can work like

"When u press the spell then next hit you receive will replace you for wood, u will take 0 damage and in meantime u press it u will have marker that will have some 10-15 yard or like this range and u will choose where u will appear in stealth for 3 seconds for example and u can use some spells which are only usable from Stealth"

In my opinion this can be real fun to have some spell like this because u will have to make "timing" to use it, also u must be fast when u want to use it correctly and with visuals like Ashes have it can be beautiful, just my thoughts because i want to play this game already :disappointed: and aswell u can use it for some powerfull spells if u will know what other classes will have.

Just wanted to know people opinion about this and im bored aswell from recent MMOs so type something nice i would like to read it haha

Comments

• Options
    GithalGithal Member
    I have made similar post for the Summoner spells,
    And for rogue i would like to see Illusion spells. Like You can place illusion army stationed somewhere as if they are waiting to ambush a caravan, and the real attack happens from opposite direction and you can easily take out the healers and ranged.

Or you can make like 10-15 illusions defending your caravan run, so enemies are scared to attack.
  • Options
    GithalGithal Member
    And also, there is discussion about rogues disarming traps, but placing traps would also be interesting interaction,
  • Options
    GithalGithal Member
    Githal wrote: »
    I have made similar post for the Summoner spells,
    And for rogue i would like to see Illusion spells. Like You can place illusion army stationed somewhere as if they are waiting to ambush a caravan, and the real attack happens from opposite direction and you can easily take out the healers and ranged.

Or you can make like 10-15 illusions defending your caravan run, so enemies are scared to attack.

and also, About the illusion - A rogue should be able to make everyone in the party + the illusions look the same way, with no name plates, no class shown, enemies just see the same monk like dark clothing figures and cant know who to focus, or what the enemy composition is, and even a surprise attack from rangers oneshoting 1 target may go on illusion, since you dont know who to focus
  • Options
    DAVOXDAVOX Member
    Well im not fan of traps but i dont know it can work but good ideas !
  • Options
    GithalGithal Member
    edited May 1
    here is the best idea :D :

about the special resource bar , similar to the fighter's momentum.
    so its filled by non dmg means, like if enemy kill your illusion, or the wood clone that you mentioned (naruto style), or catch someone in trap, SO once you fill the bar you can spend it to posses and control target enemy for 5-10 sec depending of how filled your bar was. while possessing it, not only you can kill other enemies, but also spend his biggest cooldowns, so once possession ends, he has no cds to use. Ofc this sounds OP, but there are countermeasures since the bar will be hard to fill + his bar starts from 0 (and decrease if he stay out of combar for long time), also till he fill it you may spend your cds, or some team mate can stun/sleep while possessed.

And in PvE the skill wont be usable on bosses, but when boss spawn some extra mobs you can take control of them.
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    In another thread i had my idea on how I could see rogue with a magic oriented way twist

Shadow Magic - (Stealth, mobility, misdirection, enhancement)
    Poisons - (Debuffs, DoTs, buffs)
    Dueler - (high damage focus, CC, executions)

Overall, injecting a touch of fantasy could elevate rogues, granting them a commanding presence beyond the typical invisibility and backstab maneuvers.

The utilization of shadow magic affords them mastery over darkness, facilitating stealthy engagements. Beyond mere concealment, it imbues them with heightened mobility, enabling swift movements to close in on targets or vanish from sight in moments. This versatility extends to misdirection tactics, whether against mobs or players. Picture a shadowy doppelgänger, vanishing in a single strike, masquerading as the player until approached, revealing its illusory nature. Traditional techniques like backstabbing or striking from stealth to augment attack damage remain pivotal in bolstering their offensive prowess.

Poisons serve as a cornerstone for rogues, typically inducing debilitating effects over time. Expanding upon this, I envision a nuanced playstyle, intertwining various DoTs with debuffs that hinder healing or reduce skill efficiency. An intriguing twist lies in leveraging poisons to not only weaken foes but also bolster the rogue, albeit at a cost. This dual-edged approach, offering increased damage / or other effects at the expense of vulnerability or other penalties, introduces strategic depth, empowering the rogue to adapt to diverse scenarios.

The dueler archetype embodies a focus on explosive damage alongside crowd control techniques, emphasizing cunning over brute force in one-on-one encounters. Employing guile and deceit, they seize upon underhanded tactics to secure victory, prioritizing swift executions over fair fights. Such tactics may even grant advantages upon dispatching foes with specific skills, perpetuating their lethal streak.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    In another thread i had my idea on how I could see rogue with a magic oriented way twist

Overall, injecting a touch of fantasy could elevate rogues, granting them a commanding presence beyond the typical invisibility and backstab maneuvers.

The utilization of shadow magic affords them mastery over darkness, facilitating stealthy engagements. Beyond mere concealment, it imbues them with heightened mobility, enabling swift movements to close in on targets or vanish from sight in moments. This versatility extends to misdirection tactics, whether against mobs or players. Picture a shadowy doppelgänger, vanishing in a single strike, masquerading as the player until approached, revealing its illusory nature. Traditional techniques like backstabbing or striking from stealth to augment attack damage remain pivotal in bolstering their offensive prowess.

Poisons serve as a cornerstone for rogues, typically inducing debilitating effects over time. Expanding upon this, I envision a nuanced playstyle, intertwining various DoTs with debuffs that hinder healing or reduce skill efficiency. An intriguing twist lies in leveraging poisons to not only weaken foes but also bolster the rogue, albeit at a cost. This dual-edged approach, offering increased damage / or other effects at the expense of vulnerability or other penalties, introduces strategic depth, empowering the rogue to adapt to diverse scenarios.

The dueler archetype embodies a focus on explosive damage alongside crowd control techniques, emphasizing cunning over brute force in one-on-one encounters. Employing guile and deceit, they seize upon underhanded tactics to secure victory, prioritizing swift executions over fair fights. Such tactics may even grant advantages upon dispatching foes with specific skills, perpetuating their lethal streak.

(is it ok to apply AI-generated tag to this, Mag? If you wrote this without AI assistance, I might need to adjust something in a model)
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Azherae wrote: »

(is it ok to apply AI-generated tag to this, Mag? If you wrote this without AI assistance, I might need to adjust something in a model)

Written by me and concepts by me and used AI over it for some corrections
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Thanks (I used the wrong term, my bad, but yes, I meant AI structuring). If you're willing, lmk which one.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member

Thanks (I used the wrong term, my bad, but yes, I meant AI structuring). If you're willing, lmk which one.

Structuring would most likely be closest since i organize the post than go through each part with AI some correction and some tweaks.
  • Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2
    a mix of builds would be nice like blink tank, Loot Bonus Farmer, DoT spammer, crit spammer, duel wielder. Would be cool to see it have skills that could manipulate agro in a party setting to give the rouge a utility roll
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member

there's an ai website (grr forgot the name but ill tell you when I remember) where you can take texts by chatgpt or other nlp and the ai on that website rewrites the texts and makes it look like it was written by a human, not an ai. i haven't used the site but I wonder if you could automate detection from texts written by nlp as if they were humans.

same thing for art lol