Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

No corruption on small islands

Question: will the smaller islands in the ocean have corruption penalties? Couldn't find any info on that. I'm aware that the ocean won't have corruption, however I'm wondering if that will extend to the islands.

Comments

• Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    I wish there would either be complete corruption for all kinds of slaughters or just straight none.
    This immersion breaking wishiwashi is going on my nerves.

Ganking is ganking, PKing is PKing.
    Killing someone who doesn't fight back is the same wether they are alone, or in a caravan, or on an ancients damned ship.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    edited May 5
    Dripyula wrote: »
    I wish there would either be complete corruption for all kinds of slaughters or just straight none.

Killing someone who doesn't fight back is the same wether they are alone, or in a caravan, or on an ancients damned ship.

Immersion breaking? I feel the use of the word immersion is thrown around with little regard on how it works.

If you're picking and choosing how you view a world 'should' be then you're going to have a hard time being engaged in the world.

The world is defined with rules, arbitrary or not, thematically they should be explored, but you can't say something has to be all or nothing or there is no immersion. If they game tells me a compelling reason why open seas are lawless, it's all good. It doesn't have to be the same as if I was sailing the coast, or walking on the mainland.
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    Vyril wrote: »

Killing someone who doesn't fight back is apparently seen as an evil act by the magical "essence" which apparently everyone is made out.
    This is immersive if we start to see this as being part of the reality of the Verra universe.
    To just disable that for whatever reason, already shows the lack of thought.

Intrepit doesn't want ganking of people on land, we get it. And they somehow think on the high sea's that is okay cause if you even appear there, you probably have a group of people around, who could build a ship and are all on it... or something.
    So they expect ships fight back against other ships and by the same logic, those who have reached the islands also made clear they are an organized bunch, so Intrepit expects them to fight back too against those who may also attack them, on said islands.

Problem with that logic > a continent be may or may not be just a very big island. :expressionless:
    And we may or may not be already in groups when we come through the portal.
    In a lore sense this makes much more sense than assuming that the most players will log in as solo existences who THEN seek a guild on their server.
    And this is how it will happen, believe that. :sunglasses:

So... if whole groups do not fight back when whole groups attack them.
    Does that mean no one gets corrupted now or what?
    No? Why not? Cuz it looked pathetic? :grin:
    But the one group that has not consented still got slaughtered. =)

So we all know OF COURSE the murderers will get their corruption share.
    Even harsher values since they murdered many people instead of just a single one.
    If this does not take part on the high sea's, it will feel stupid.
    I already see an argument like
    " Yeah essence only flows through the ground. So the planet cannot put corruption karma on you when you're on the open sea's. "
    Just to justify this lack of consistency. :smirk:

No. Go in all the way or do not go in at all I say.
    In WoW you could gank a single player of the other faction with HUNDREDS of players and that was okay.
    Not like this happened more than a few times on each server probably.
    If these 100 people wanna waste their time just to ultra-bully, -traumatize and griefplay a single other player, why not let them?
    They won't be there forever. Or the guy will chose another server, especially if he still in early game.

Do not try to seek reasons as to why bullsh°° should be accepted.
    No. Don't even TRY.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    "avmjj7nouecr.gif"
    - Steven, maybe

The inconsistency only exists if it's not explained properly. And the corruption/pvp events inconsistency can be explained in several ways, from the one you mentioned to "priests give a blessing for your holy war, so you don't get corruption".
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    edited May 5
    Vyril wrote: »

Killing someone who doesn't fight back is apparently seen as an evil act by the magical "essence" which apparently everyone is made out.
    This is immersive if we start to see this as being part of the reality of the Verra universe.
    To just disable that for whatever reason, already shows the lack of thought.

Intrepit doesn't want ganking of people on land, we get it. And they somehow think on the high sea's that is okay cause if you even appear there, you probably have a group of people around, who could build a ship and are all on it... or something.
    So they expect ships fight back against other ships and by the same logic, those who have reached the islands also made clear they are an organized bunch, so Intrepit expects them to fight back too against those who may also attack them, on said islands.

Problem with that logic > a continent be may or may not be just a very big island. :expressionless:
    And we may or may not be already in groups when we come through the portal.
    In a lore sense this makes much more sense than assuming that the most players will log in as solo existences who THEN seek a guild on their server.
    And this is how it will happen, believe that. :sunglasses:

So... if whole groups do not fight back when whole groups attack them.
    Does that mean no one gets corrupted now or what?
    No? Why not? Cuz it looked pathetic? :grin:
    But the one group that has not consented still got slaughtered. =)

So we all know OF COURSE the murderers will get their corruption share.
    Even harsher values since they murdered many people instead of just a single one.
    If this does not take part on the high sea's, it will feel stupid.
    I already see an argument like
    " Yeah essence only flows through the ground. So the planet cannot put corruption karma on you when you're on the open sea's. "

No. Go in all the way or do not go in at all I say.
    In WoW you could gank a single player of the other faction with HUNDREDS of players and that was okay.
    Not like this happened more than a few times on each server probably.
    If these 100 people wanna waste their time just to ultra-bully, -traumatize and griefplay a single other player, why not let them?
    They won't be there forever. Or the guy will chose another server, especially if he still in early game.

Do not try to seek reasons as to why bullsh°° should be accepted.
    No. Don't even TRY.

I mean. I don't really need to try.

It's a game. Games have different rules for different things.

You used the word "feel" that goes back to my earlier statement. Your subjective view on a mechanic has you slanted on what is going to be immersive, because you want to actively contradict the game mechanics to fit your narrative.
  • Options
    if its in the ocean it will probably have no corruption i think
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    i think if you step on land, you will have corruption, but who knows.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    i think if you step on land, you will have corruption, but who knows.

This makes it sound like " Evil " lurks in the soil of the Land. x'D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    Settite wrote: »
    Question: will the smaller islands in the ocean have corruption penalties? Couldn't find any info on that. I'm aware that the ocean won't have corruption, however I'm wondering if that will extend to the islands.

Sounds like a good question for the next Q&A.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member

Remember this is still subject to testing. If it doesn't work, then it'll get changed.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member

You are so wrong
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    Who knows, if the island is a node then there will be corruption for sure, but if the island is tiny and it's not even a node maybe corruption should be off or at least should be cut to 1/10th
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    SengardenSengarden Member
    “Small islands” sound like places where nodes won’t be able to form. In which case, I doubt an exception would be able to be made for any logical reason. Probably no corruption. Like the little spits of land pirates supposedly hit their booty on 💰 🏝️
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sengarden wrote: »
    Like the little spits of land pirates supposedly hit their booty on 💰 🏝️

No wonder the pirates called the oceans the high seas; reminds me of hit booty and high knees.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SettiteSettite Member
    Ultimately I'd like somewhere I could go at anytime to have open world pvp without needing to worry about corruption. I don't care much for ship pvp personally so a small island or 2 seems like it would fit the mold.