Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Community's Wish List

Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I am initiating a personal project to collect and aggregate feedback, suggestions, and ideas that the community passionately desires to see implemented in Ashes of Creation. This project welcomes all suggestions, regardless of scope or magnitude, as it aims to gather the ultimate fantasy concepts that players desire, as well as provide an outlet for your creativity without any criticism of scope creep.

When contributing your ideas, please follow these guidelines to ensure clarity and to keep it digestible:

- Limit yourself to a maximum of three suggestions.
- Prioritize your suggestions, with your single, most desired idea being the first.
- Classify each suggestion according to its nature, such as GAME DESIGN, COMBAT MECHANIC, VISUAL AESTHETIC, or any other relevant category.
- Keep your descriptions concise. Ideally, each suggestion should be conveyed in a single paragraph or even a single sentence.

Here is my example, following this structure:

1. BOSS MECHANIC: When battling Tumok the cyclops and he plants his tree totem for healing, players should collectively mass-chop it down with their axes to prevent his regeneration, instead of dpsing it.

2. SPELL INTERACTION: Mages ball of lighting could charge objects that pass through it. For example, a ranger's arrow passing through gains an electric effect.

3. SPELL VFX: Instead of disappearing instantly, mages bubble shield spell should burst progressively like a soap bubble, with shimmering soap drops lingering briefly in the air.

Remember, your suggestions can be grand or minuscule in scale, but they should always be driven by a genuine passion for seeing them realized in the game. I look forward to curating and presenting these ideas as a single source of truth repository representing the collective fantasies of our community.

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    I don’t get it, that’s literally the function of the forums. Intrepid already has the mechanisms to parse and mine the boards to distill feedback.

Today’s wheel works pretty well.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My only wish is: don't add anything else to the game, if anything, remove things like battle pets, tavern games and monster tokens so we can reduce the scope and have a launch before 2030.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    My wish remains unchanged for a year:
    • record the gold expense for repairing items upon death.
    • use this record for various purposes like implementing genuine bounty hunting, incorporating it into war contracts and payments, establishing a node militia and compensating them for their kills since they have expenses in gold for repairing their own gear for pvping, and so on
    • utilize this for real mercenary jobs

In essence, resolve PvP and war-related matters by incorporating gold as payment and utilizing the repair cost of your targets as a universal measure for how much brigand, mercenary or bounty hunter you are.

PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    I don’t get it, that’s literally the function of the forums. Intrepid already has the mechanisms to parse and mine the boards to distill feedback.

I get it. As i mentioned in my opening statement, it's a personal project.

Would you like to share your suggestions?

Your feedback is appreciated.

• Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member

Not meaning to sound off, but if it's a personal project, then use your time to look through the existing forum to collate the info from there. As CROW3 said, all the info is here already. Why ask people to repeat it?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

Not meaning to sound off, but if it's a personal project, then use your time to look through the existing forum to collate the info from there. As CROW3 said, all the info is here already. Why ask people to repeat it?

I'm simply aiming to gather existing information into one accessible hub for the community's benefit – a place where we can reflect and find inspiration together.

Many of us lack the time to delve into buried posts from the past. I envision a space where these ideas can be revived and thrive collectively under one roof while still being here, on the forums.

Although Intrepid may already have tools to sift through the boards as CROW3 suggested, we, the community, don't. That's the essence of my proposition.

Moreover, I'm noticing more skepticism than support, revealing a tendency to stifle exploration and idea-sharing within our community. Is there hesitancy to trust the devs? Perhaps there's a fear that open discussion could lead the game astray? Unfortunately, it all feels a bit overbearing.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

I'm simply aiming to gather existing information into one accessible hub for the community's benefit – a place where we can reflect and find inspiration together.

Many of us lack the time to delve into buried posts from the past. I envision a space where these ideas can be revived and thrive collectively under one roof while still being here, on the forums.

Although Intrepid may already have tools to sift through the boards as CROW3 suggested, we, the community, don't. That's the essence of my proposition.

Moreover, I'm noticing more skepticism than support, revealing a tendency to stifle exploration and idea-sharing within our community. Is there hesitancy to trust the devs? Perhaps there's a fear that open discussion could lead the game astray? Unfortunately, it all feels a bit overbearing.

The end result you are aiming for here is fine. An argument could be made that it is even a good goal to have.

The method you are going about it isn't.

In order for this project of yours to work, you would need to parse the forum as a whole.

As a tip though, you don't need to go through historical posts. Every topic comes up again every 12 - 18 months on these forums, so if you just parse going forward, you will get there eventually.

The reason this is why you kind of have to do it this way is simple - unless every new person to the forums with a new idea posts their thread (or multiple threads - as seems to be the case) on it, and also comes and posts on your thread, you would need to be parsing the forum as a whole anyway.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

The end result you are aiming for here is fine. An argument could be made that it is even a good goal to have.

In order for this project of yours to work, you would need to parse the forum as a whole.

As a tip though, you don't need to go through historical posts. Every topic comes up again every 12 - 18 months on these forums, so if you just parse going forward, you will get there eventually.

The reason this is why you kind of have to do it this way is simple - unless every new person to the forums with a new idea posts their thread (or multiple threads - as seems to be the case) on it, and also comes and posts on your thread, you would need to be parsing the forum as a whole anyway.

I agree with your perspective and the insight you've provided. You're right. Although, aiming for perfection isn't the goal here. Instead, it's about creating a space where ideas can be gathered and shared in a more accessible manner.

Anyone who comes across this thread is invited to contribute their suggestions, helping to build a repository of ideas that can benefit the community as a whole. It's not about catching every single post or idea, but rather about fostering collaboration and inspiration.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »

I agree with your perspective and the insight you've provided. You're right. Although, aiming for perfection isn't the goal here. Instead, it's about creating a space where ideas can be gathered and shared in a more accessible manner.

Anyone who comes across this thread is invited to contribute their suggestions, helping to build a repository of ideas that can benefit the community as a whole. It's not about catching every single post or idea, but rather about fostering collaboration and inspiration.

Had to think awhile about how to engage with this one...

We have the tools (I do, at least, though the forum no longer moves fast enough that I need to use them much).

The requirement would then be that whatever thread you make (since you choose to do it as a thread) then itself either stays alive, or you provide a secondary website for it, but with 'proofs' of no data bias?

I wish you luck, therefore. Note that if you have a parser, Ashes forum is fairly parser-friendly. Even without one, there are aspects of its setup that make it easy for an individual to do it without needing to use one. Other than that, I think any involvement from me will get in your way, based on your stated goals.

(I don't have anything to add to the data itself because, in all arrogance, I find the requested formatting too limiting).
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Not to be a killjoy, but isn't it right now still far to early for a Wishlist ?

We haven't even got feedback and Footage from the "Character Editor" yet, haven't we ? The one that the Phönix-Initiative Members were supposed to get.

I mean, i could of Course join in and put a List here of things i wish to be in the Game.
    But i would like poke Holes into thin Air, because i know still about nothing of the Game and what could be added sooner or later.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    1. To be able to buy my own stufferton
    2. Players to freeze in fear when they hear my Leroy warcry
    3. To be able to prove that Vera is not flat
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Otr wrote: »
    3. To be able to prove that Vera is not flat

What about the "Hollow-Verra" World Theory ?? (lol)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    arsnnarsnn Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited May 10
    3 things id rather have cancelled:
    1. Summoner and battle pets I know that a lot of people are into the fantasy of the summoner, collecting and leveling their summons/pets, but i think its bad for the overall health of combat and pvp especially in large scale.
    2. Monster Coins I dont get it at all.
    3. Absurd amount of character customization last time i looked through the wiki i could identify over 25 avenues with unique properties of developing your character, while other mmos usually have around 7-10 in my experience. I dont think more=better, intrepid instead should focus on making the right avenues impactful, fun and deep. But then again some the quotes for some of those systems are rather old and steven pre 2019 was just throwing things out there, often without much thought.

3 things id like to see:
    1. Trade packs that are actual entities in the world, that you can move around.
    2. Less UI and more interaction with the buildings and the world. Overall i didnt like the interactions in the caravan showcase, from waiting for the caravan to spawn through UI, sucking up the the tradepacks, instead of carrying them over and putting them into the caravan, or getting the reward through some weird finish line and NPC UI, instead of having to offload them by hand.
    3. Access to freeholds for most of the playerbase. I think its a bad decision to essentially limit the access to competitive guilds, for a gameplay loop that looks very fundamental and core to the game.
    Also you give hardcore players essentially an asset to print money and increase the gap further, instead of having a sort of economic baseline for everyone.