Tank update?

Even if they're not 100% finished, recent archetype previews seem to be really good and clean, specially the fighter one, but Tank preview was 1.5 years ago and it deffinitely feels like one step behind from what we've seen in the subsequent archetypes.
After checking the wiki, I can see that there are twice as many skills as in the first preview. It would be cool if they showed us the updates.
I'm guessing that won't happen since they probably have other things prioritized, but as a fellow tank, I'd be happy if they do.

Comments

• SengardenSengarden Member
    I was just telling someone else, after the excellent ranger, fighter, and mage updates, I think some of the others could use some upgrades as well. Cleric and tank haven’t been featured in a while, and they were a little lackluster in their last updates compared to the combat we’ve seen recently.

My guess is they’ll push their self imposed time limit for A2 as far as possible and drop it in late September, giving us 4 more updates, 5 if they do an informational one at the send of September after A2 launches rather than just a “hooray!” livestream. If cleric and rank both get an update, that only leaves two other videos. We already know we’re getting sieges next month, and the bard update before A2. I think we still need another update for the higher tiers of nodes. Maybe a new zone? Hard to say how much they’ll try to cram in before the fall.
  • DepravedDepraved Member
    they will still do monthly streams during alpha
  • TopWombatTopWombat Member
    Yeah I would like to see that if there's time. Maybe combined with a showcase for the stamina bar if that's ready.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bunch of other stuff I would like to see before September, rather than another Cleric or Tank Update.
  • Nah, would much rather see anything on Bard, Rogue, and Summoner before another update.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • blatblat Member
    Absolute tonne of stuff I want to see but a Tank update would be great.. it's in all our interests to have a Tank class that's appealing to play!

Also v interested in how it will work in PvP, and thus what sort've direction the Tank secondary could take my Ranger.
  • AidanKDAidanKD Member
    Honestly i'm not even worried at this point and don't see the urgency to see i.e. a Tank/Cleric stream to see what changes they've made. We've seen showcases where they've improved the toolkit and playstyles of different classes - the absence of a showcase for Tank/Cleric does not mean they aren't getting the same treatment. I am also certain they've already made improvements. But there is only a finite amount of time to showcase a feature each month.

The way I see it is that we already had the tank/cleric showcase at one point. I'd sooner see something we've seen nothing of. A2 is not long away assuming it stays on schedule so if we assume we only have 7-9 showcases before Christmas (worst case?) - then what would you want to see? There will be things we're likely to see, and things not even on our list (maybe like wand/lighting wasn't top of the list for people).

I think we'll probably still get a Tank/Cleric showcase, but we're near-definitely getting a Bard and War showcase, so that's already 2 of the slots. If we add Tank and Cleric that's 4. So that leaves just 3-5 topics to cover before A2 release. What is most important for Intrepid to get feedback on before A2? Your guess is honestly as good as mine! As long as they are showing off something interesting we'll be fine.

I'll also throw in the character creator in there - i'm sure we'll get a stream for the version they'll show off when they make it public before A2, likely announce it on the same stream. We should expect that so that could even be the 3rd guaranteed stream topic before A2.
  • AtomikuAtomiku Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Bunch of other stuff I would like to see before September, rather than another Cleric or Tank Update.

I agree, considering there's not much time left (5-6 livestreams, which 2 of them are node sieges and bard preview), I can understand that they want to prioritize other systems or content in order to receive better feedback for A2 launch.

And im not even worried about it, but it wouldd deffinitely increase my hype haha
  • Definitely need to see a Tank/Cleric update so we can give more focused feedback.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Definitely need to see a Tank/Cleric update so we can give more focused feedback.

They already were given focused feedback, look at their old videos and just give some more feedback on the previous threads. And give more feedback once alpha 2 starts.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We don't need to give more focused feedback on Tank/Cleric before Alpha 2.
    Significant changes made between another demo and Alpha 2 based on our feedback would likely mean significant delays in Alpha 2.