Survey for what people like from a guild

JeanPhilippeGungharJeanPhilippeGunghar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited May 25 in General Discussion
Hello,
I seriously want to start a guild and would like to hear you about what you like in a guild. Feel free to answers some or all questions if you like:

1: Type of guild:
A: Do you mind joining a guild that is PvX, including an active Role-playing division?
B: How do you feel about joining a guild with 18+ players only?
C: How do you feel to join a semi-hardcore guild with predetermined goals?

2 : Content:
What Ashes of Creation contents interest you beside questing and levelling? Some examples:
  • Role-playing
  • Dungeons
  • Raids
  • World bosses
  • Arenas
  • Bounty hunting
  • Caravans
  • Node sieges (attack and defend)
  • Castle sieges (attack and defend)
  • Ocean stuff (ex: fight other players ships, explore ocean)
  • Monster coins
  • Crafting, gathering, processing

3: Server:
Do you mind joining a guild that will pick the unofficial RP server as home?

4: Guild organization:
Do you prefer a guild that everything is planned and well organized, with ranks associated with responsibilities? Or a guild that only has officers, a GM and that’s all?

5 : Microphone:
Using microphone should be:  
  • Optional almost every time
  • Mandatory for organized guild events
  • Mandatory as long you are logged in-game

6: Guilds alliances:
Are you comfortable with a guild that do alliances with other handpicked guilds and does not join a larger alliance?

Comments

• oOKingOooOKingOo Member
    A: Do you mind joining a guild that is PvX, including an active Role-playing division?
    I have been in PvX guilds before and would do so again. I'm not a roleplayer, but I don't mind if my guild has a roleplaying branch as long as I'm not forced to roleplay.

Usually, I'll join 18+ guilds.

C: How do you feel about joining a semi-hardcore guild with predetermined goals?
    If the goals align with my personal goals, this is perfect for me.

What Ashes of Creation content interests you besides questing and leveling?
    Everything that has to do with optimizing my character's effectiveness in PvP and doing PvP.

I won't join a pure roleplaying guild.

Do you prefer a guild where everything is planned and well-organized, with ranks associated with responsibilities? Or a guild that only has officers, a GM, and that’s all?
    There's a perfect balance between having a structure and still letting everybody develop in the direction they want since it's a game in the end. I won't join guilds where the leader or some officer thinks they know everything and tries to force people into playing certain playstyles or builds. However, I think having some structure with more experienced players to guide the rest is beneficial. For me, it's important that your performance is valued by your results, not by playing the meta.

Using a microphone should be
    This kind of depends. If it's just a normal guild, then generally optional with some events maybe requiring communication. If it's a hardcore guild that needs to use every member spot with the best possible player to win guild wars, then I understand if a mic is a requirement.
    For the empyre !!!
  • TheHiddenDaggerInnTheHiddenDaggerInn Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Kudos to you for wanting to start a guild, I ran a very successful one myself for over 10 years n Warhammer Online and Guild Wars 2.
    Takes much time and effort and will become a second job, surround yourself by good officers.

I would just say be who you want to be as a guild leader, your style won't be for everyone and that's ok.

Their are so many different types of people in the gaming community, you will find the people who your guild fits their personality.

Now is a great time to start putting one together.

So in short decide for yourself what kind of guild you want it to be then recruit accordingly, network with other smaller guilds as alliances will be a huge deal in Ashes of Creation.

I know this didn't answer your question directly but I hope my insights offer some help.

Best of luck in your future endeavors!
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's PM Cst And
    Wednesday's at PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thanks for the survey.

A. PVX is my preference and having some role-playing is a +.
    B. I certainly prefer 18+, wouldn't even mind 25+.
    C. That does not sound appealing, but perhaps it would depend on the goal. For example, if the goal was for members to have fun, that would be preferable to 'owning a castle' or 'being pirates' --- though such agreed upon in-game goals would also be fun....if they were agreed upon, not dictated.

Everything on the list could be fun with the right people but (for me) the top of the list ought to be "Having fun and making friends."

I am planning on joining the unofficial RP server, partially in the hope that the 'Uber PVP' crowd might avoid it.

Regarding guild leadership, I want leadership to be based on the most competent members, not be fixed as the founder and the founder's buddies. This is critical.

I don't like mics. Or Discord. Why? 1. Immature people cussing all the time to try to look mature. I saw plenty of that when I was in uniform. 2. People talking who have nothing to say. I saw plenty of that in my career.

Regarding alliances...that should be based on a consensus among guild members, not imposed by leadership. Remember that a guild is a voluntary organization, and members can vote with their feet by leaving.
  • Hello,
    I seriously want to start a guild and would like to hear you about what you like in a guild. Feel free to answers some or all questions if you like:

What Ashes of Creation contents interest you beside questing and levelling? Some examples:
    • Role-playing
    • Dungeons
    • Raids
    • World bosses
    • Arenas
    • Bounty hunting
    • Caravans
    • Monster coins

Do you prefer a guild that everything is planned and well organized, with ranks associated with responsibilities? Or a guild that only has officers, a GM and that’s all?

Are you comfortable with a guild that do alliances with other handpicked guilds and does not join a larger alliance?

A - Probably would not mind, but it would be hard not to make jokes about it.

B - 18+ is the only thing I would join. It can be a chore to discuss tactics and stuff like that, with kids. I discuss enough with my own kid :)

C - Semi hardcore is the way to go, for me personally. Hardcore is a bit to much for my situation. Kid, job, wife all that stuff.

Content - Dungeons, Raid, Sieges, semi crafting and Guild PvP.

Server - I would only join a non RP server.

Guild - If people are grown up enough to undestand, that this is not a job, this is not power over anyone. We are all here to have fun - then its nice to have a class team leader, raid leader and so on.

Mic . Def mandetory for guild events. Maybe not voice, but def so you can listen. I personally always use mic if I am online. But not always in a big group chat.

Guild Alliance - Well, yea. If thats what the guild wants.

• patrick68794patrick68794 Member
    edited May 31
    Hello,

• Role-playing
    • Dungeons
    • Raids
    • World bosses
    • Arenas
    • Bounty hunting
    • Caravans
    • Monster coins

A. I wouldn't mind as long as that's only part of the guild. I'm not into that myself
    B. 18+ whenever possible
    C. I would prefer a guild that's freeform and casual. If guild members want to schedule stuff amongst themselves then that's fine. I don't want a global schedule or some expectation of participating in "guild" events

Dungeons, raids, world bosses, crafting, and general exploration all interest me. I'm not wanting to do those things on a scheduled basis though.

I would probably not join that guild.

I prefer a freeform guild that maybe has a "community" bank/inventory or a request based system with officers/GM that decide to approve requests for gear, items, or money. As for planning and organization, I don't want to be expected to be part of any guild activities. I want to join what I feel like joining and not be harassed when I decide not to (this has happened in the past, even when I wasn't online).

Mics should always be optional.

Yes, alliances with specific guilds would be fine.
  • having people to fight wars and defend your structures, that's all
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.