Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mouse Overs

Asking for my healing friends that do this. Instead of clicking you just hover over the health bar and able to click whatever spell and it uses it on that target you are hovering over.

Comments

• Options
    VulfrVulfr Member
    idk, if you have to move your mouse to select a party member to heal, you are going to lose mobility. Keybinds for party/raid members, or at least use the scroll wheel to select single target heals. There should be enough movement going on, that using the mouse for anything else, means the combat is running too slow. I favor free movement for all classes, including healer. I will have to see how things go in A2. But there isnt much worse with combat than forcing a player to stand in one place and do their damage/heals. Think of how dumb melee looks without movement.....its the same to a lesser degree with casters.
  • Options
    Keybinds and position are my preferred method. I used to do the clicking thing in other games, and it worked ok, but being able to hit a button and get there instantly was much quicker. Or simply facing the right direction beforehand.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    SummpwnerSummpwner Member
    edited June 5
    In any larger-scale content, it's vital to have mouse-over casting. There are far too many people to have keybinds to target each person. In WoW I typically set up binds such that I can hover a nameplate and L/M/R Click with modifiers Shift/Alt/ShiftAlt for different spells, for a total of 9 different spells bound that I don't need to move from WASD to cast.

EDIT: Total of 11 different spells (I keep L click as selecting just in case). I forgot to include each button without modifiers in my total permutations.
  • Options
    LegiLegi Member
    Mouse over casting is vital for healers and I expect IS to know this and implement it. If it wouldnt be there people will ask for it in A2 for sure.
  • Options
    KingDDDKingDDD Member
    I believe they've said mouse over will be an option during a stream. Probably won't be in for the start of a2 though.
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited June 6
    No reason not to have it. Just leave all the other options obviously.

You would need to add an indicator or grey the player card or something to indicate when they are out of range though.
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited June 6
    Legi wrote: »
    Mouse over casting is vital for healers and I expect IS to know this and implement it. If it wouldnt be there people will ask for it in A2 for sure.

I prefer pressing buttons to target my teammates. but it also depends whether I'm playing a game where I move with wasd or clicks. if I'm moving with mouse clicks, I definitely cant do mouse overs as it would be too slow for me since my mouse would be closer to the ground near my character to move back or forward quickly and I'd definitely need to select my teammates with a keyboard. people outside the party gonna have to deal with slower heals from me xD

for wasd, then id select people with buttons on my mouse or kb or click the party ;-;
  • Options
    LewiLewi Member
    Thanks everyone! I was just curious if they have said anything about it or so! Mouse overs is more like a healbot without having to click a name then to cast you just hover over and cast for those talking about clicking lol but thank you to everyone! Hope to see yall in the future!
  • Options
    arkileoarkileo Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Summpwner wrote: »
    In any larger-scale content, it's vital to have mouse-over casting. There are far too many people to have keybinds to target each person. In WoW I typically set up binds such that I can hover a nameplate and L/M/R Click with modifiers Shift/Alt/ShiftAlt for different spells, for a total of 9 different spells bound that I don't need to move from WASD to cast.

EDIT: Total of 11 different spells (I keep L click as selecting just in case). I forgot to include each button without modifiers in my total permutations.

People managed without healbot for years. I don't see it as such a hard requirement.

Something to keep in mind with WoW is that the game is balanced (in PvE) with the expectation that you have addons like healbot installed. If it seems like it would be impossible to heal without it, it's maybe because the game is compensating for the fact that you do have it.
  • Options
    AliceAlice Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 7
    I have good news for you. It is already in the game ^_^~!
  • Options
    SummpwnerSummpwner Member
    @arkileo in a tangential way, maybe. I think it's just the nature of WoW, where there are so spells and movement needs to be maximized in many raid scenarios.