Node Wars PvE ideas

Personally, I don't have a massive stake in the mor passive PvE side of things(not sure if I'm labeling this gameplay appropriately)? And by that I mean the crafting. But I do think it's very important to give players that are into this side of MMORPGs, a space to exist in the more important aspects of the game. Such as Node Wars, so my rough thought about it all after the recent stream(which I watched late on YouTube) is to introduce some sort of period that takes place beforre the final battle of a Node War, where crafters have X number of hours to complete crafting writs of sorts, to give their side some sort of advantage, whether it be siege benefits or just general buffs due to "gear and weapon upgrades".

Thoughts?

P.S
If any of this has already been discussed or brought up already, I apologize for not doing my reading. In my excitement after watching the Node Wars video I wanted to share my general surface thoughts.

Comments

• KilionKilion Member
    edited June 3
    I think it definitely would be fun to have crafting items that come in handy especially during open-world PVP events and it wouldnt even be necessary to make them exclusive to the areas of such events, higher building (and therefor purchasing) costs would automatically result in player limiting themselves to purchasing them when they are exceptionally usefull.

As an example:
    Consumable Item - "Frontline Hideout"
    This could be a consumable item that places down a small campsite with bushes around that allows allied players within a very small range to acquire camoflage as long as they sit down. As long as you sit in the hideout regeneration of health, mana and stamina is increased and longterm debuffs will be reduced in 10% of their overall duration.
    Players hidden in the Frontline Hideout can still be attacked and targetted by directly clicking on them. Furthermore if an enemy stands 2-4 seconds in the Frontline Hideout, the camoflage will be removed from all players and the campsite, the Hideout can then be destroyed.

This would be VERY useful during a Node War event, but during more peaceful times with few enemy players around, its utility would largely drop. If the production costs for this item were 4-5 times the costs of a normal campfire site, it would automatically keep players from purchasing it when not absolutely necessary.

I'd probably favor direct contributions like that to involve artisans in open world PvP events.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • XeegXeeg Member
    edited June 4
    And by that I mean the crafting. But I do think it's very important to give players that are into this side of MMORPGs, a space to exist in the more important aspects of the game.

Actually this idea could be a very cool way for low level players to be involved in the Node Wars.

Perhaps high level crafters can make specific War Machines usable by lvl 25+ (or something). Flame buggies, artillery/mortars/catapults, bazookas... Could have a whole arsenal of anti-zerg aoe machines. Maybe they even do friendly fire, shrug.

Then your buddy who you convinced to buy the game and is only level 36 can still play in the Node War with you.
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    Xeeg wrote: »
    And by that I mean the crafting. But I do think it's very important to give players that are into this side of MMORPGs, a space to exist in the more important aspects of the game.

Actually this idea could be a very cool way for low level players to be involved in the Node Wars.

Perhaps high level crafters can make specific War Machines usable by lvl 25+ (or something). Flame buggies, artillery/mortars/catapults, bazookas... Could have a whole arsenal of anti-zerg aoe machines. Maybe they even do friendly fire, shrug.

Then your buddy who you convinced to buy the game and is only level 36 can still play in the Node War with you.

That sounds like siege not node wars.