What will the achievement system be like?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Achievements

Looking here, I'm curious how the UI is going to be. Will it be a tab we can open up or will we have to go to the node's library to get the details. There's a section about getting the history from the library which is a neat concept, but I'm assuming our personal ones will be something similar to WoW?

Can other people see our achievements as well?
Just like the moon, half of my heart will always love the dark.
✓ roleplayer
✗ Not looking for a guild atm

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    auremfern wrote: »

Looking here, I'm curious how the UI is going to be. Will it be a tab we can open up or will we have to go to the node's library to get the details. There's a section about getting the history from the library which is a neat concept, but I'm assuming our personal ones will be something similar to WoW?

We don't have information on any of this as yet.

As to if others will be able to see our achievements - I would be shocked if Steven lets this happen, given his reason for not wanting to support combat trackers. His reason there was that people will use them to exclude others - if we can see achievments of others, that will then become the means people use to exclude others. Even if combat trackers and viewable achievements both existed, achievments are an easier method for excluding for those that want to exclude.
  • auremfernauremfern Member
    edited July 1
    Noaani wrote: »

We don't have information on any of this as yet.

As to if others will be able to see our achievements - I would be shocked if Steven lets this happen, given his reason for not wanting to support combat trackers. His reason there was that people will use them to exclude others - if we can see achievments of others, that will then become the means people use to exclude others. Even if combat trackers and viewable achievements both existed, achievments are an easier method for excluding for those that want to exclude.

Gotcha, here's hoping we get a sneak peek at it this year. Being able to see my own achievements would give me a sense of accomplishment but I wouldn't like it if people were able to see them, armor as well. Because you're right, being excluded for not having certain things happens and I'm sure we've all at some point been on the receiving end of it.
    Just like the moon, half of my heart will always love the dark.
    ✓ roleplayer
    ✗ Not looking for a guild atm
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited July 1
    What will the achievement system be like?

OHHHH i hope so hard we can get an Achievement like :smile:

-> You fall off a Cliff Three to Five Times, completely unneeded - and fall to your Death,
    -> and then the Achievment " [Idiot | Oaf | Dunce] " pops up. :D:mrgreen::D

( I used Three Names so People can choose which Term fits a dumb Character/Player the best ) ^.^

Or Achievements for Fishing, of Course.
    Maybe combined with Titles as well. Maybe get something like the Title " ~ Clutz ~ " when you gathered all possible Achievements in the current Game which have to do clumsy Deeds. :mrgreen:

In every Case,
    some funny, more Slice of Life Achievements in any Case. And possible, goofy and silly Titles that would come with them - which could even be useful for Roleplay. ;)

Achievements and Title like " ~ Jester ~ "

Or anything else. Of Course Achievements and Titles bound to the Caravan-System as well. And to the Bountyhunter-System. And to possible Piracy on the open Seas. Or when You are a Worldboss-Slayer. Or Monster-killer of a certain Number (HUUUGE Number) of specific Monster-Species as well. Or maybe Dragon-Slayer. Or whatever.

And No,
    only because Worst of Warcraft had this as well - that doesn't mean Ashes of Creation shouldn't have it.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • SnowElfSnowElf Member
    I'm not sure if they'll allow us to view other player's achievements, but...

I've always loved doing certain achievement hunting for titles, mounts or other type of fun cosmetic rewards. I wonder if each achievement will give a certain amount of points sort of like in WoW, some achieves giving 10 pts or 25, depending on their difficulty, etc, and then being able to spend those achievement points on something in game would be pretty stellar.