What happens when a server goes down.

Hey, I am not technical with any game stuff or anything along these lines so I had the question as the title states what happens when a server goes down. Now maybe it was explained and I missed it the first time I watched. I am goign to rewatch the Update and just try to understand better. But the servers being depolyed across multiple areas of the map what happens if one goes down would you no longer be able to enter that section of the map until fixed. Or perhaps since they are all dynamic would another server just extend to cover that part of the region that the previous server that went down was covering. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just need to ask the questions to understand so if anyone has a answer I would appreciate it.

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Seemed to me like this was not answered during the Livestream?
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 10
    It wasn't super clear, but you definitely lose connection to the game if you are in the server area. My guess is you won't be able to log into that character in that specific server area until it's restarted. I suppose they could let you reenter at a spawnpoint in a neighboring cell, but that has its own issues, and I actually prefer they don't do that as long as they can restart the offending server in minutes.

And I have no clue what happens to players outside the area at the time it went down, who then tries to enter the downed server area. Maybe the dynamic grid system takes over somehow.
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 10
    most likely if one server goes down another would spawn to replace it but im not 100% sure and not great at technical things either lol
  • OtrOtr Member
    Would be good to show a force-field rather than hit an invisible wall when trying to enter there.
    Could affect caravan runs.
    Maybe some people will discover ways to trigger server crashes...
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Otr wrote: »

In an Effort to overcome Enemy Defenders or Attackers of a Node-Siege perhaps. I hear such Stuff was done before. But i wonder if Intrepid's "new" Technology will be to powerful for that to happen.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • Otr wrote: »

And when it's discovered, they'll be banned on the spot.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • daveywavey wrote: »
    Otr wrote: »

Only if they abuse it. They won't be banned just for figuring out something that causes a server crash as long as they report it and don't continue doing it
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    daveywavey wrote: »

Are you afraid this might happen to you ? Don't be shy. We all know you won't get around this. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)