Space for casual gamers ?

Hello, my name is Jelado. I would like to know the following: Will Ash have room for casual players? For example, I am a psychology student, almost graduating, and I am also studying medicine. So, I will soon be a doctor as well. I guess you can imagine that I have a very busy and hectic life. But my love for MMORPGs, especially the creation of Ash, drives me to try to play it as best as possible. Therefore, I don't have much time to play it like a more dedicated or frequent player with more free time. So, I would like to know if there will be space in the game, content, and ways to progress, even if slower, and content on a scale where a more casual player like me, who would only be able to play on weekends, for example, has a place to progress in the game. Um abraço para os brazucas.

Comments

• There'll definitely be place for casuals, as long as their ambitions don't get ahead of their gameplay time. If you're totally fine with simply enjoying the game for what it can provide - you'll enjoy it.

But if you expect to experience highend content or win in fights - I highly doubt you'll like the game.
  • LineagerLineager Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Psychology student? This game will be a good place for research into the psychology of players :D
  • Lineager wrote: »
    Psychology student? This game will be a good place for research into the psychology of players :D

Ach..Already did it with regular L2 players for the last 19 years..and still doing, but the end results are quite depressing.. for every decent human being you get 9 absolute degenerates.. >< still didn't make up my mind if the game makes people like this over the years or simply specific demographics and emotional maturity or a lack of it levels are more leaning towards specific game types/games 🤔
  • VenacierVenacier Member
    Your housing will most likely be relegated to an apartment. You wont get a Freehold, or in town house, unless your timing is accidentally perfect. Even then I believe you have to have a certain level of Node experience to be able to make the purchase, so apartment life might be your style.
    Playing the game, sure you can craft, harvest, and either PUG or play in a more lax guild, so you can group up, or solo around.
    Raids, and high end shouldn't be your goal until you have more time to dedicate.

Plenty of room to have fun, so long as you keep all this in mind :)
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 14
    Casual Time players should be able to play Ashes just fine.
    I don't expect many Casual Challenge players to play Ashes.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Jelado wrote: »
    Space for casual gamers ?

The " whole World of Verra " will be a Place for Casual Gamers.

Some Places just more or less than others. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • AidanKDAidanKD Member
    Expectation management! I will also be a casual player and won't expect to be in a top guild, a freehold will be unlikely unless I can do a pilgrimage to a quieter part of the server (out-outskirts of some faraway metro).

I personally will be looking to focus more on the non combat elements so gathering, crafting, naval etc. really the Naval is what i'm pretty excited for! And I suppose just overall world immersion.

Even something like Naval has some mixes with combat given the "open seas" but I think if you set goals for what you want to achieve then yes this game should be able to cater for less active players (I think a successful game should have ways for less active players to still enjoy the game).
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    AidanKD wrote: »
    "open seas"

I imagine the Open Seas a little bit more of a "Hard-Core" kind of Area compared to everywhere else -> because Everyone will always be flagged purple for PvP, right ?

So while You can be attacked everywhere in the World of Verra -> i currently see all other Areas in the Game as more Casual and "less Hard-Core" than the Open Seas.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 15
    @Jelado
    Hello Jelado,

As a fellow psychology student with a busy schedule, I completely understand your concerns about fitting in Ashes of Creation as a casual player. It's reassuring to see your dedication to the game despite your hectic life, and I believe many players can relate to balancing studies and gaming.

From what I've gathered about Ashes of Creation, the developers have emphasized creating a game that caters to a wide range of players, including casuals who may only have time to play on weekends. They've mentioned plans for accommodating various playstyles and offering progression paths that allow for slower but meaningful advancement.

I'm optimistic that Ashes of Creation will provide content and systems that enable players like us to enjoy the game at our own pace without feeling left behind. It's exciting to see how they'll implement these ideas to ensure a welcoming environment for all types of players.

Um abraço para todos os brasileiros na comunidade também!
    c3xme7oecjh8.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • EndowedEndowed Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 15
    Jelado wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Jelado. I would like to know the following: Will Ash have room for casual players? For example, I am a psychology student, almost graduating, and I am also studying medicine. So, I will soon be a doctor as well. I guess you can imagine that I have a very busy and hectic life. But my love for MMORPGs, especially the creation of Ash, drives me to try to play it as best as possible. Therefore, I don't have much time to play it like a more dedicated or frequent player with more free time. So, I would like to know if there will be space in the game, content, and ways to progress, even if slower, and content on a scale where a more casual player like me, who would only be able to play on weekends, for example, has a place to progress in the game. Um abraço para os brazucas.

Its a PvP centric game , that will have the highest end content run by ZERGs.

Casual? You can be an explorer, crafter, gatherer and be fine.
    Not much lore to enjoy from that perspective.
    Lots of the game will be nearly off-limits (seas and boats, deepest dungeons/raids, elite gather spots) and often on lock down. World housing will be rough anyway, worse for casuals.
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've played MMOs for years, few times I've got up and did a 24 hour sessions. I've gotten in aggravating raids with loads of people and kept static groups, and tried progressing for world first clears.

None of it's worth it, it's not fun when you do that, and people will consume content faster than it can be put out.

MMOs are mostly about character building. You work on yourself at your own pace because it's not where you end up that matters. It's the people you meet along the way.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    In case you haven't already checked it out, there is a wiki page that goes over playstyles, which may give you more insight into what you can look forward to as a casual player <3

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Playstyles
    community_management.gif
  • CROW3CROW3 Member
    Welcome - beer is over there. Yes on casuals, but as many above have mentioned much of the content will be easier to access and complete with a group. So finding a casual friendly guild will probably go a long way to help balance time v. content ratio.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • AidanKDAidanKD Member
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    AidanKD wrote: »
    "open seas"

I imagine the Open Seas a little bit more of a "Hard-Core" kind of Area compared to everywhere else -> because Everyone will always be flagged purple for PvP, right ?

So while You can be attacked everywhere in the World of Verra -> i currently see all other Areas in the Game as more Casual and "less Hard-Core" than the Open Seas.

Interesting - i'll have to be more mindful if I want to be doing deep sea fishing then! But I suppose that's why you find fishing excursions to group up with, for protection!

Or, I wonder if the freshwater areas will not be part of the "open seas" (the name makes it seem that way) - so you could fish on fresh water bodies safely, but the greater rewards are out in the ocean.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think that is correct, @AidanKD , about fresh versus salty waters.