Alpha 2 Early Access invites?

PaquPaqu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Has anyone received emails for early access alpha 2 testing yet? I have put so much money in this game and played alpha 1 extensively and haven't received my invite... getting nervous...

Comments

• PaquPaqu Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think after going on the Discord I have figured this out.... I played the alpha one quite a bit and did not receive an invite to which I am salty about, but I understand. I'm guessing the people that did are a part of no life large guilds that will more than likely ruin the game so I'm good on all that. I hope that the team ignores any suggestions from these people as they will ultimately destroy the game as large groups have for every other pvp focused game in modern history. Please don't forget that your casual player will drive the money and numbers and not large groups.
  • Paqu wrote: »
    Has anyone received emails for early access alpha 2 testing yet? I have put so much money in this game and played alpha 1 extensively and haven't received my invite... getting nervous...

It'll come. Just wait, like you've been doing already. No difference to your normal day-to-day waiting. Just wait for a little longer.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • OtrOtr Member
    Paqu wrote: »
    ... I'm guessing the people that did are a part of no life large guilds that will more than likely ruin the game so I'm good on all that. I hope that the team ignores any suggestions from these people as they will ultimately destroy the game as large groups have for every other pvp focused game in modern history. Please don't forget that your casual player will drive the money and numbers and not large groups.

You should make a guild for casual players.
    Could end up the largest guild in the game :)
    I think after going on the Discord I have figured this out.... I played the alpha one quite a bit and did not receive an invite to which I am salty about, but I understand. I'm guessing the people that did are a part of no life large guilds that will more than likely ruin the game so I'm good on all that. I hope that the team ignores any suggestions from these people as they will ultimately destroy the game as large groups have for every other pvp focused game in modern history. Please don't forget that your casual player will drive the money and numbers and not large groups.

Maybe it's best if you don't get access, if you think they should ignore large parts of their testing group just because they play together......
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 17
    I'm guessing the people that did are a part of no life large guilds that will more than likely ruin the game so I'm good on all that. I hope that the team ignores any suggestions from these people as they will ultimately destroy the game as large groups have for every other pvp focused game in modern history

:D
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • At least you're self-aware about being salty, that's a win in my book.
    The only one who can validate you for all the posts you didn't write is you.
    Just a question have you seen a game with large guilds or tribes that push for content in a popular game? name one please just one. They all have around 300 players max fyi. All in all Ill be in alpha 2 :). Yes Im still salty.
  • LineagerLineager Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just a question have you seen a game with large guilds or tribes that push for content in a popular game? name one please just one. They all have around 300 players max fyi. All in all Ill be in alpha 2 :). Yes Im still salty.

This game is not for everyone, like many others. In PVP games there is not much online - whether there will be guilds there or not.

In Ashes will also be good PVE content related to crafting and economic side of the game.
  • HalaeHalae Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    It'll come. Just wait, like you've been doing already. No difference to your normal day-to-day waiting. Just wait for a little longer.
    Following up on this post, remember, Alpha 2's launch is stated to be in Q3 2024. That means July, August and September

For the sake of your sanity, you should probably just assume that they won't be telling you anything until the last moment. Worry when we're halfway through September, not during July.
  • BorealisBorealis Member
    Halae wrote: »
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Following up on this post, remember, Alpha 2's launch is stated to be in Q3 2024. That means July, August and September

For the sake of your sanity, you should probably just assume that they won't be telling you anything until the last moment. Worry when we're halfway through September, not during July.

They were probably referring to the prealpha2 test which has just started
  • In alpha2 lots of people WON their access, like me. So they wouldn't want to open it when the game is still unstable or not perfect.
    People won't understand it's an alpha, you have to get it. People still don't get it. That's why we have constant disclaimers from Steven.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member

As i was never part of the Alpha 1 Testers,

Please tell me Paqu - did You get your Invite back then around the "Date" of when the Alpha 1 was supposed to start ?
    Did you get it before or after the Date of when Alpha 1 was supposed to have started ?

It could also very well be,
    that we might get Invites send to us any Moment or Day now - > but those Invites are still of no Use to use to us, as long as Alpha 2 hasn't started. Right ?

Right ? :sweat_smile:

I personally am WAAAAY more curious about the Character Creator/Feature.

I mean, it is supposed to come before the Alpha Two, right ? Shouldn't this be the earliest, new thing to look out for, in terms of release/appearing for a Download or so ? 🤨🤔
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Remember that, at this point, the people involved in Alpha 2 are still under a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) so they would not even mention that they are doing testing if testing has actually started.
  • ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I understand your frustration. As far as I know, the emails for early access Alpha 2 testing have been sent out, but the selection process was random. It’s purely based on luck, without considering factors like how much money you've invested or your participation in Alpha 1.

It can be really disappointing to feel left out, especially when you’ve been a dedicated supporter and player. Hopefully, there will be more opportunities to join in the testing phases as they continue to develop the game. Keep an eye on your email and the official announcements; you might still get an invite in the future.

Hang in there, and let's stay optimistic about what’s to come!
    c3xme7oecjh8.png
  • ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

It's important to strike a balance between catering to hardcore players and ensuring that casual players can also enjoy and contribute to the game. A healthy community requires both types of players, and keeping this balance will be key to the success of Ashes of Creation.
    c3xme7oecjh8.png
    Aszkalon wrote: »

Please tell me Paqu - did You get your Invite back then around the "Date" of when the Alpha 1 was supposed to start ?
    Did you get it before or after the Date of when Alpha 1 was supposed to have started ?

that we might get Invites send to us any Moment or Day now - > but those Invites are still of no Use to use to us, as long as Alpha 2 hasn't started. Right ?

I mean, it is supposed to come before the Alpha Two, right ? Shouldn't this be the earliest, new thing to look out for, in terms of release/appearing for a Download or so ? 🤨🤔

Im honestly ok with now Ive vegged out :) I just worry about a game that I have personally invested 500+$ in and the people they are testing it with. When you have large groups that are only interested in PVP that almost always ruins games like this. The devs are smart in this game and I have confidence I just dont want to have bad idea seep into a project like this. Take the testers advice on the servers stability and bugs but please for the love of god dont listen to one large guilder talk to you about systems... I know this upsets people but its a bad path to go down and has never ever succeeded again... I might just be salty though :)
    ReLamas wrote: »
    I understand your frustration. As far as I know, the emails for early access Alpha 2 testing have been sent out, but the selection process was random. It’s purely based on luck, without considering factors like how much money you've invested or your participation in Alpha 1.

It can be really disappointing to feel left out, especially when you’ve been a dedicated supporter and player. Hopefully, there will be more opportunities to join in the testing phases as they continue to develop the game. Keep an eye on your email and the official announcements; you might still get an invite in the future.

Hang in there, and let's stay optimistic about what’s to come!

YOU ACTUALLY NAILED MY FEELINGS! it really is :(
  • RipteyeRipteye Member

Im honestly ok with now Ive vegged out :) I just worry about a game that I have personally invested 500+$ in and the people they are testing it with. When you have large groups that are only interested in PVP that almost always ruins games like this. The devs are smart in this game and I have confidence I just dont want to have bad idea seep into a project like this. Take the testers advice on the servers stability and bugs but please for the love of god dont listen to one large guilder talk to you about systems... I know this upsets people but its a bad path to go down and has never ever succeeded again... I might just be salty though :)

I think you're overthinking it a little bit, Intrepid seems like they know what they are doing. They have a vision and are funding a lot of it out of their own bank accounts.

Time will tell and patients is necessary. The key for us as fans and A2 key holders is to test as many parts of the game as you can once you're invited. Keep your expectations low and provide coherent feedback, if you want to make a difference in the final product.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As @Borealis said, there are currently people in the pre-Alpha 2 spot testing. There is no early access to A2.
  • RipteyeRipteye Member
    edited July 20
    Ripteye wrote: »

I think you're overthinking it a little bit, Intrepid seems like they know what they are doing. They have a vision and are funding a lot of it out of their own bank accounts.

Time will tell and patients is necessary. The key for us as fans and A2 key holders is to test as many parts of the game as you can once you're invited. Keep your expectations low and provide coherent feedback, if you want to make a difference in the final product.

I agree with you

If it's not too much trouble, could you help me understand how large guilds destroy games?
    Lamperoug wrote: »

If it's not too much trouble, could you help me understand how large guilds destroy games?

Why yes I can. When you balance games around large group play it causes the MAJORITY of players to be left out. Large guilds in a game that is PVP focused, which this one is, never helps the lower to mid range guilds. I can go over all the games that have failed due to catering to a large tribe/guilds if you want? Not trying to be snarky... sorry If I come off like that. Large guilds often focus on world pvp and now in Ashes open dungeons. They can block off certain points of interest they often can get around any Carma system that is implemented. Imagine your in one of Ashes lovely open world dungeons and BAM 100 people show up wipe your mobs, flag you, and cut you out of a dungeon completely. You think this cant happen? it does... in every game I have ever played both survival and MMO. I worry about this for the life of the game because despite your personal views on gaming THE NORMAL SOLO OR CASUAL PLAYER KEEPS THESE GAMES ALIVE. This game needs them it needs them for the economy it needs them for the health of the game. Steven and his team are smart and more than likely see this but when I see the same names from the same guilds on the forums and test I get antsy because they are not looking out for the games interest they are looking out for there interest and if you think for one second a large guild will give up power to help solo or small guilds your wrong. It's never happened and never will.

Sorry if this is rambley I have followed this game for a very long time poured money into it and LOVED ALPHA 1 I would have just played that if they kept it that way... I want this game to be successful I like Steven's vision for this it has a serious chance to be many peoples new MMO for a long time it just doesn't needs bad ideas or selfish intentions. Thats just my two cents.