My guess for A2 launch

JeanPhilippeGungharJeanPhilippeGunghar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited July 22 in General Discussion
I know it’s early. I know Margaret told us a date will be announced at the need of the month. A vague or a precise one? I don’t know.

Whatever, let’s do some fiction: This is 31st of July of year 2024. The livestream is about to end, then BOOM! A video plays and a date is announced. What would be your guess?

My guess would be a launch mid to late September. Late August if they want to surprise us. But it would be very surprising. I stick on mid-late September.

My reasons? They still need to expand spot test sessions to every A1 owner and bugs fixing they are finding. Maybe adding A2 pack owners close to the launch and a weekend test like they did back in Alpha-1?

Eager to hear your predictions!

Comments

• HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I believe it'll be early September.

So I'll say September 5th. v4t7tkq77rs8.gif
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • I'd like to think early or mid September, but with how they've been pushing livestreams back to the very end of the month recently (not criticizing, just observing) I'm now fairly convinced A2 will not launch until the last day of September. It makes sense. What reason would they have for not taking as much of the time allotment they gave themselves as possible to make sure the launch is as polished as it can be?
  • VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited July 23
    WoW expansion = 26th of august
    Throne and liberty release (athough i dont think this is much of a threat after playing opeb beta) = 17th of Sept

So i guess they avoid being to close to these days which leaves early august and late September with most likly date being late September but there a very small chance of a curve ball of early august
  • AidanKDAidanKD Member
    Late September is the very earliest I think it will be. I remember when Alpha 2 was announced and the date was a little further away than people would have liked. I'll temper expectations and suggest it'll be further than the majority think - perhaps an October release.
  • AidanKD wrote: »
    Late September is the very earliest I think it will be. I remember when Alpha 2 was announced and the date was a little further away than people would have liked. I'll temper expectations and suggest it'll be further than the majority think - perhaps an October release.

Unless they announce a delay then late September will be the latest it releases as that's the end of Q3
  • Id say late September but I think they'll release the character creater to download for free (like how dragon's dogma 2 did) early August or right after the live stream to build hype
  • AvengedxAvengedx Member
    If they are looking to capitalize on Alpha 2 streaming as advertisement for the game then the earlier the better. As mentioned above Wows expansion hits on the 27 of August, and the Race to world first will be Approximately one month after launch so "End of Secember". Pretty much the only time of the year that Wow dominates streaming viewership is during the race. Pre-patch for wow expansion is today and my friends list lit up all of a sudden after being pretty dead for the last few months as everyone hated season 4.

They really missed the opportunity hitting it in May or June. Both Wow and FF were entirely dead and now both are filled with content again from there new expansions. I know that most people will probably not think that a Wow or FF player are your primary market, but I assure you there is larger crossover between people that look specifically at Sub based MMO's that are already playing a sub based mmo, so there will be a level of crossover just because of that alone.

If they care most about the advertising portion they launch now before viewership and content increase again for wow and get that solid 3-4 weeks of advertisement before it goes away. Either that or they are waiting for the wow hype to die down 2-3 weeks into October which it totally will.

God I hate thinking about streaming metrics in regards to gaming, but I know how important it is to developers now.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    First i was like (hoped for) middle to late August.

But now dear Intrepid has missed the Time-Window to announce a Date/Month so that a reasonable waiting Time until then would make Sense. Now we are approaching already the End of July.

So i have no other Choice but to assume early to middle September. In the worst Case, late September. In a case EVEN worse than the worst Case, it gets pushed back into Quarter four.

What else is to assume when nothing but Silence meets the Person ? The Character Creator Feature is also supposed to come out before the Start of Alpha Two, right ? ;)
    When is that supposed to be ?

One or Two Days before the Start of Alpha Two ? Maybe Five Days ? Silence and nothing but Silence. Or i am successfully missing Information as always. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • arkileoarkileo Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited July 23
    I'll make the case, though I'm not sure I believe it myself, for mid August:
    - They've stated they're waiting for A2 entry criteria to be complete, and that they're close and confident that they can hit their internal target.
    - They don't have reservations for making short notice announcements, as we saw with spot testing invites for A1 backers the weekend after the stream. (Granted, I don't know when the testing actually happened, just that the invites happened).
    - They don't want to announce a date and end up not being ready by that date. What better way to ensure you'll be ready than to make the announcement when you already are ready, or very close to it?
    - All A1 backer back spot testing doesn't need to be this huge event, it very well could be a quick short notice server stress test for the login servers. Maybe throw in character creation to make people happy. They already have the quality A1 testers (no offense, anyone) to get actual gameplay feedback with.
  • Veeshan wrote: »
    Throne and liberty release (athough i dont think this is much of a threat after playing opeb beta) = 17th of Sept

So i guess they avoid being to close to these days which leaves early august and late September with most likly date being late September but there a very small chance of a curve ball of early august

hopefully mid sep just to fuck TnL LOL
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg
  • Veeshan wrote: »

I don't think alpha 2 for this is going to have any impact on T&L's launch lol
  • SpifSpif Member
    edited July 25
    Veeshan wrote: »
    Throne and liberty release (athough i dont think this is much of a threat after playing open beta) = 17th of Sept
    Adding some detail to those dates:
    • The first raid in World of Warcraft: The War Within expansion is scheduled to debut on September 10, 2024
    • T&L Early access ($40+) starts Sept 12th
    I know not everyone cares about raids, and not everyone buys early access...but I'd bet that most of the people who bought A2 do those things.

Streamers are the reason why I think A2 will be late Sept
  • NikbisNikbis Member
    I expect, and would like a September 30th A2 release.
    If not, I expect Intrepid to delay until Q5 2024. Yes Q5, you read me right.
    If I had to keep only one song, it would be this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCF2pson54s
  • iccericcer Member
    Then again, it's only an Alpha, the game isn't getting released, so I don't think other game releases will affect it too much.
  • OtrOtr Member
    September 18
  • DepravedDepraved Member
    october 3
  • SnowElfSnowElf Member
    My guess..

The stream will start with Margaret and Steven fully dressed in an ensemble of armor or some type of dress attire. Steven will be wearing sunglasses again, but this time they will be star-shaped and colored pink, much like the style of Elton John. Margaret will be absolutely glowing in her pregnancy while showing us her baby bump. One of the cats will make a cameo.

We will get an amazing showcasing of the bard class, the chat is going to blow up with thousands of people hollering at how amazing Bard looks because it's going to be well, amazing.

Studio update which shows us that Intrepid continues to grow in numbers and is making strong progress.
    Some great art concepts for armors, classes, maybe some weapons, mob skins or cute pets.

Boom, Alpha 2 announced, sometime in early to mid-September. Character creation menu is set to exist a week or two prior to A2 launch so we can enjoy creating various character templates with their epic system.

The crowd goes wild and we all put on our final copium mask as we wait to finally explore Verra and all of its beauty with gleaming eyes.
  • everyone has on their mind that the date released could be far off (september ish). there technically isnt anything stopping them this stream from going yea A2 is ready its release is in 2 weeks heres the CC for you guys, while not realistic it could happen. imo steven and the other devs shouldnt care about what other games are launching in the same time frame as its Alpha 2, those who are supporting them will be playing and testing it and those only mildly interested that have access will prob bounce between the other releasing stuff and Alpha 2.

A2 will have periods of people losing interest and big times of gaining interest when some big streamer plops another video down or a big patch with new content comes out. devs should just be dropping A2 when they are ready and not care if other games are dropping at the same time.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I expect Steven will be blue and dressed like Bacchus.
  • 9/23 which is Monday of the final week of September.
  • VeeshanVeeshan Member
    iccer wrote: »
    Then again, it's only an Alpha, the game isn't getting released, so I don't think other game releases will affect it too much.

they moved A1 date due to WoW dropping the expansion date right ontop of the A1 date
  • VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited July 30
    Veeshan wrote: »

TnL honestly has nothing on AoC after playing the open beta
    iccer wrote: »

This is correct.

This Topic's Point here is likely, that People are - (and rightfully so) - so incredibly excited for EVEN the Alpha of the Game, that they kinda treat this already like an Early Access Release.

Which in all Fairness - > speaks Volumes about the Greatness of Verra and Intrepid.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    30 September is my guess
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • XephXeph Member
    Sept 12 would be what I'll like! Thursday would be best in order to play for the whole weekend!
  • MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    April 2025; will mean I'm pleasantly "surprised" when it launches earlier and keep me from being disappointed (I hope).
    owuEH4S.png
    My Guess is between 20th August to 31th August. Maybe around 22nd August.

But sadly i have the Impression that it might indeed be September. Solely because of the fact, that we didn't hear an Announcement for the Date since the Middle of July.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • ZehlanZehlan Member
    August 26 is my guess!
    The last week of all the students still on break so maximum amount of people to stress the servers and rake in data on what needs to be fixed.
  • JeanPhilippeGungharJeanPhilippeGunghar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, delayed to Q4 guys!