a earned cosmetic idea

this is a concept from eso but i also wanna suggest extending it to another front as well being the concept of skill styles but i also wanna even suggested the concept of weapon attack vfx as well with all these being rewards from dungeon clears, achievements, and etc. this thought came about as i was playing eso on my necro using some new skill styles and custom animations to add to the necromancer vibe and was using a staff with the necromancers scythe attack making me think that that would serve as a great example being the thought of giving the melee staff a vfx that makes it so when you attack with it, a glowing 'soul scythe' forms around the stave and lets you strike with that with other ideas also being things like blue or maybe in ashes case, red and black 'soulfire' or something similar to overlay over your abilites to give a fun cohesive theming look. this could also be used to let you make your sword glow with holy light for a paladin or make a bards melee attacks explode on impact with a burst of maybe like scanlan style purple bard magic and so on and honestly would make for a fun earnable cosmetic option concept that can make ya stand out in a way that shows your skill or the amount of time you have put into exploration.

Comments

• OtrOtr Member
    Me:
    Please format this text.

Copilot:
    Certainly! Let's format your concept for skill styles and weapon attack visual effects (VFX):

---

In the world of Elder Scrolls Online (ESO), there's a fascinating concept of skill styles. I'd like to extend this idea to another aspect: weapon attack VFX. Imagine earning these rewards from dungeon clears, achievements, and other in-game accomplishments.

Here's how it could work:

1. **Skill Styles:**
    - In ESO, skill styles allow you to customize your abilities' appearance. Why not expand this to weapon attacks?
    - When you wield a melee staff, picture a mesmerizing "soul scythe" forming around the stave during attacks. This ethereal blade would enhance your strikes.
    - Other ideas include:
    - **Soulfire:** For magical classes, a red and black flame overlay that imbues your abilities with a dark, cohesive theme.
    - **Holy Light:** Paladins wielding swords could make their blades glow with divine energy.
    - **Bardic Magic:** Imagine a bard's melee attacks exploding on impact, leaving behind a burst of Scanlan-style purple magic.

2. **Cosmetic Rewards:**
    - These customized VFX wouldn't just be for show; they'd be earned through gameplay.
    - By mastering dungeons, completing achievements, or exploring extensively, players could unlock these unique effects.
    - The more distinct your VFX, the more it showcases your skill and dedication.

Overall, this concept adds depth to character customization and makes your adventures in the game world even more memorable! 🌟✨
  • P0GG0P0GG0 Member
    edited July 24
    reading spell animations is a big part of the competitive side of a game. keeping large battles somewhat readable is important. tho those skins could only be seen by the user, giving intrepid more options in their store.
  • Night WingsNight Wings Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    73f0b159f4046354ec4fc238b3c465e5.png
    c0b72e91735329d47e3c4ad80ee86f94.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSBNQ8VjTo

In the video you can see the wand change a glow to the element he is casting.

I can see getting a cosmetic skins of a weapon that has a visual effect from completing a challenge I think class challenges would be cool to have I know in world of warcraft warlocks had a challenge if completed your flame turns green instead of the normal orange flame. I would think seeing something along those lines would be cool.
  • Night WingsNight Wings Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    P0GG0 wrote: »
    reading spell animations is a big part of the competitive side of a game. keeping large battles somewhat readable is important. tho those skins could only be seen by the user, giving intrepid more options in their store.

Not entirely 100% sure, but I think I heard that when it comes to large scale battles people armor and cosmetics turn to a default to improve performance so you may see your cosmetics etc... but everyone else see you in a plain default guard outfit again not at all 100% sure but it would make since at least to me anyways.
  • P0GG0 wrote: »

Not entirely 100% sure, but I think I heard that when it comes to large scale battles people armor and cosmetics turn to a default to improve performance so you may see your cosmetics etc... but everyone else see you in a plain default guard outfit again not at all 100% sure but it would make since at least to me anyways.

Oh, if it's not like that, then it's a damn good idea.
  • RookkRookk Member
    Otr wrote: »
    Me:
    Please format this text.

Copilot:
    Certainly! Let's format your concept for skill styles and weapon attack visual effects (VFX):

---

In the world of Elder Scrolls Online (ESO), there's a fascinating concept of skill styles. I'd like to extend this idea to another aspect: weapon attack VFX. Imagine earning these rewards from dungeon clears, achievements, and other in-game accomplishments.

Here's how it could work:

1. **Skill Styles:**
    - In ESO, skill styles allow you to customize your abilities' appearance. Why not expand this to weapon attacks?
    - When you wield a melee staff, picture a mesmerizing "soul scythe" forming around the stave during attacks. This ethereal blade would enhance your strikes.
    - Other ideas include:
    - **Soulfire:** For magical classes, a red and black flame overlay that imbues your abilities with a dark, cohesive theme.
    - **Holy Light:** Paladins wielding swords could make their blades glow with divine energy.
    - **Bardic Magic:** Imagine a bard's melee attacks exploding on impact, leaving behind a burst of Scanlan-style purple magic.

2. **Cosmetic Rewards:**
    - These customized VFX wouldn't just be for show; they'd be earned through gameplay.
    - By mastering dungeons, completing achievements, or exploring extensively, players could unlock these unique effects.
    - The more distinct your VFX, the more it showcases your skill and dedication.

Overall, this concept adds depth to character customization and makes your adventures in the game world even more memorable! 🌟✨

ty! i suck at writing so i appreciate it!
  • RookkRookk Member
    P0GG0 wrote: »

very true and perhaps that could be the default option where you can only see your own cosmetic skill style changes but if your willing to do it for the fashion souls idea, you can turn on the ability to see other peoples so that way new players who dont know about it dont get stuck with it turned on.
  • OtrOtr Member
    Animikii wrote: »
    ty! i suck at writing so i appreciate it!
    it helped the topic \o/