How much freedom do you think we'll have with Tulnar?

The tulnar have been talked about a lot in the past and I know we won't see them for a good while, but with alpha 2 around the corner along with the character creator, I wanted to ask how much do we think we'll be able to customize our tulnar.
And I'm sure this has already been discussed but idk if anyone's talked about how open-ended it'll be

Its more than likely going to 'race' based, but I want the leeway to make a rat or frog person. Do you think we'll get some sort of benchmark and go from there or do you think you'll have to pick from: Dog Person, Cat Person, Bear Person and tweak it to your liking?

Comments

• CaerylCaeryl Member
    The three Tulnar ‘corners’ are Canine, Simian, and Reptilian which will also (or are intended to) affect some interactions within the world. That is, no you likely won’t be able to get a rat like face or a frog stance with Tulnar as a playable model.

The silhouette previews were said to likely be bosses or NPC rather than options for the player models, but I’ll be holding out hope for a tail/no-tail option for Tulnar (not super optimistic since it’d be another model to adjust cosmetics for, but still)
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    I wanted to ask how much do we think we'll be able to customize our tulnar.

From what i have seen,

we will have much more Freedom than with any other Race. I saw a Tulnar Artwork which looked a lot like a Mix between Humanoid Lion (Head) and/or Minotaur,

and one looked like a very cool "Lizard" with a very dark, elegant Head and Face Expression. Pretty cool.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A fascinating aspect of the Tulnar in Ashes of Creation is their unique origin, combining different species that took refuge in the Underrealm during the Harbinger's apocalypse. This blend allows for potentially diverse and imaginative customization options.

Given the lore, it's reasonable to expect a high degree of flexibility in character creation. We might see a system that lets players mix and match traits from various animals, rather than being confined to preset "dog person," "cat person," or "bear person" templates. This could allow for creative freedom, such as designing a character with a blend of reptilian scales, feline agility, and canine features.

It’s also possible that the character creator will feature a base model with various sliders and options to tweak individual features, resulting in unique combinations that could even include rodent-like or amphibian characteristics, as you mentioned with rat or frog people. This kind of system would support the game's focus on player expression and individuality.

Overall, while we can only speculate until the character creator is showcased, the anticipation is that Intrepid Studios will provide a rich array of customization options to bring the unique nature of the Tulnar to life.
    c3xme7oecjh8.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • XephXeph Member
    I think a good way would be to get started with some presets. I don't mind waiting longer for the full character creation for the Tulnar, but at least that would let us play as one.
  • Yenn0warYenn0war Member
    edited July 31
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    I wanted to ask how much do we think we'll be able to customize our tulnar.

From what i have seen,

we will have much more Freedom than with any other Race. I saw a Tulnar Artwork which looked a lot like a Mix between Humanoid Lion (Head) and/or Minotaur,

and one looked like a very cool "Lizard" with a very dark, elegant Head and Face Expression. Pretty cool.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/File:SSLivestream-2022-07-29-59:00.85.png

The white one with the mane?
    He looks like yeti and I love it!

Hopefully 3d models will be a lot more rugged and intimidating-Especially canine ones. Something like Van Helsing's or Underworld werewolves...

..or Abomination from Darkest Dungeon.

• HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tulnar will have zero freedom and be bullied in the schoolyard wherever possible for their transgressions

cgb76vyrkqcn.jpg
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    Please get your weird catgirl fetish out of the thread :/
  • ClonageClonage Member
    edited August 1
    Caeryl wrote: »
    You mean... Catnar...? uwu

• Caeryl wrote: »

From what i have seen, even Tulnar with somewhat little Cat-traits in their face or whole Head - won't resemble any kind of "human" Catgirl in the least.

No Worries. This Game will not turn into another Final Fantasy.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited August 1
    oh noes. Double-Comment. (>_>)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • Hinotori wrote: »
    Tulnar will have zero freedom and be bullied in the schoolyard wherever possible for their transgressions

i-like-your-style-dierks-bentley.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • I want the leeway to make a rat or frog person.

Or a white mouse with an eyepatch... :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • NikbisNikbis Member
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Caeryl wrote: »

From what i have seen, even Tulnar with somewhat little Cat-traits in their face or whole Head - won't resemble any kind of "human" Catgirl in the least.

No Worries. This Game will not turn into another Final Fantasy.

Hold on now, let's not forget the character creator is supposed to be rather in-depth. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sizeable amount of players, enough to be noticed, bringing Caeryl's nightmare to fruition :D

I'm not a big fan of all things furry, far from it, but I wouldn't mind see a wider pool of players populate Verra.
    As long as they can't fight in bikini armors spaming cute lore-breaking emotes all days long, that is.
    If I had to keep only one song, it would be this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCF2pson54s
  • ZahieZahie Member
    I just hope there will be enough freedom to make a faun-like character.
  • HalaeHalae Member
    Personally, I'm intending to mess around with the reptilian sliders. I've got a character design that I've been eagerly looking forward to trying to create via the Tulnar, and I'm very hopeful it's doable. I might have to give her lips, but hey, that's not a huge problem if I can get the rest. The kind of bulk you get from orcs, a reptilian face with humanoid leanings, hair, and a stance that leans heavily forward with a tail for balance.

I'm pretty excited! I doubt I'll be able to make the exact sort of design I'm thinking of, but I think I'll be able to get something I find really cool nonetheless.
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Depends how beautiful to grotesque they can be.

I personally hope they stick to the lore with the character creator and allow character creators to incorporate the OG four races and the minor ones.

We will see.
  • HalaeHalae Member
    Solvryn wrote: »

I personally hope they stick to the lore with the character creator and allow character creators to incorporate the OG four races and the minor ones.

We will see.
    They're going to have to make it possible to mix and match influences from different races, but not specifically for the Tulnar. Rather, we know that it's how the Animal Husbandry system is going to work, using variables within the different racial types and weird genetic expressions within those different types as well to get the desired genetic and functional diversity they want.

Once they have that system finished, it'd be downright stupid to use it for a single system when there are other places you can use it as well; the Tulnar and summoner pets are the most obvious places that it could be utilized outside the animal husbandry system, and if it's being used by the Tulnar we should have a near impossible amount of control over our customization.

Based on what Steven has said previously, it'll be entirely possible to make a Tulnar character that's most of the way to being one of the other races but for a few animal bits, or to go 100% towards one of the 'minor' race influences you get as a tulnar; simian, feline, or reptilian.
  • I wouldn't mind something similar to a Charr (Guildwars.) Though if I could, I'd like a beastial satyr. Maybe with a vulpine-feline goat lean.

MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Let me make Lizard-Wolf's and I will be a happy Tulnar! :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Halae wrote: »

We will see.
    They're going to have to make it possible to mix and match influences from different races, but not specifically for the Tulnar. Rather, we know that it's how the Animal Husbandry system is going to work, using variables within the different racial types and weird genetic expressions within those different types as well to get the desired genetic and functional diversity they want.

Once they have that system finished, it'd be downright stupid to use it for a single system when there are other places you can use it as well; the Tulnar and summoner pets are the most obvious places that it could be utilized outside the animal husbandry system, and if it's being used by the Tulnar we should have a near impossible amount of control over our customization.

Based on what Steven has said previously, it'll be entirely possible to make a Tulnar character that's most of the way to being one of the other races but for a few animal bits, or to go 100% towards one of the 'minor' race influences you get as a tulnar; simian, feline, or reptilian.

So we hope, nothing is final with Intrepid till its final.
  • HalaeHalae Member
    A fair point. Though still, I'll be shocked if they manage to flub this.
    Halae wrote: »
    A fair point. Though still, I'll be shocked if they manage to flub this.

Maybe