Tease: End-of-August Dev Update Reveal?

FaimithFaimith Member
edited August 9 in General Discussion
Hey everyone!

While most eyes are on the upcoming AMA on August 16th, the recent tease ( https://x.com/AshesofCreation/status/1821585499334848579 ) from the Ashes of Creation Twitter account has me wondering what the end-of-month Dev Update could involve. They hinted at more lore being revealed, which has sparked my curiosity.

With so much focus on the AMA, it’s interesting to think about what surprises the next Dev Update might hold. What do you all think? And what kind of lore would you love to see?
a7wdhhu32156.jpg

Comments

• KilionKilion Member
    If I had to guess it will either be about some lore regarding the sandsquall desert or maybe about the volcano and the jundark south-east of the Riverlands. this could trigger a story event that ties all the different things we have seen in the past months together, weather changes, PvP objectives, changes in gatherable material, group game play, new commissions for mayors and all that topped of with some juicy lore about the Ancients who have done something with the vulcano. And because nobody expects it I'll just randomly claim: The Alpha 2 launch day will be announced as well.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • FaimithFaimith Member
    Kilion wrote: »
    If I had to guess it will either be about some lore regarding the sandsquall desert or maybe about the volcano and the jundark south-east of the Riverlands. this could trigger a story event that ties all the different things we have seen in the past months together, weather changes, PvP objectives, changes in gatherable material, group game play, new commissions for mayors and all that topped of with some juicy lore about the Ancients who have done something with the vulcano. And because nobody expects it I'll just randomly claim: The Alpha 2 launch day will be announced as well.

You bring up some interesting possibilities! I wanted to mention, though, that the Alpha 2 date will actually be announced during the AMA on August 16th. This thread is focused on the end-of-month Dev Update, so it’s exciting to speculate what that might bring. A cinematic explaining the origins of Verra or revealing more about the Ancients would be epic, especially if it ties all the recent updates together.
    a7wdhhu32156.jpg
  • Exciting news from today’s AMA: they announced that a raid featuring a dragon as the endboss will be shown! This has me wondering if it's the same dragon we saw teased on social media. Can’t wait to see how this raid plays out, especially in terms of mechanics and lore integration.
    a7wdhhu32156.jpg
  • FaimithFaimith Member
    edited August 23
    Faimith wrote: »
    Exciting news from today’s AMA: they announced that a raid featuring a dragon as the endboss will be shown! This has me wondering if it's the same dragon we saw teased on social media. Can’t wait to see how this raid plays out, especially in terms of mechanics and lore integration.

Looks like it's confirmed! The raid in the Citadel of the Steel Bloom featuring that dragon is what we'll be seeing in the August 30 Dev Update, as they just shared on Twitter. ( https://x.com/AshesofCreation/status/1827043217751056757 ). We might also get a look at some of the armor sets from this raid.

It would be great to see group synergies, puzzles, mini-bosses, and other engaging mechanics in the raid.

What are you all hoping to see in this showcase? Any specific features or mechanics you want highlighted?
    a7wdhhu32156.jpg
  • Hoping the game mechanics of the dragon are improved from previous showcases. Boss dragons should be super challenging. IMHO.