Cosmetic color palettes

Since it is controversy week, I want to possibly spark one of my own. Recently, the First Descendant had a huge controversy because of their scummy stance on changing colors on their costumes/cosmetics. First, I would like to state that WE SHOULD be able to recolor all or parts of our equipment. I would also like a Transmog system, but that is a tangent. Hopefully, Intrepid will be reasonable with cosmetic/equipment coloring.

The system from Warframe was fine. Paying for an entire color palette (matte, glossy, metallic, etc) did not feel egregious.

The system from City of Heroes was much better, as they just gave a huge color palette to use.

The other useful system was one New World had. That was being able to find ingredients out in the world that could be pressed into dye. This last one would likely fit Ashes better, as they can add dye crafting into some type of crafting specialty.

Comments

• HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You'll be glad to know about this system then.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Dye_usage
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In Ashes of Creation, dye usage is designed to be both functional and immersive. The dye system allows players to recolor their equipment, with dyes affecting only the primary and secondary regions of each item. Each item can be customized with a primary, secondary, and tertiary color, making your character’s appearance truly unique. Dyes can be acquired through various means such as crafting, gathering, or purchasing, which aligns well with your preference for New World's system of gathering dye ingredients in the world .

As for the transmog system, while not directly addressed in the dye usage article, Ashes of Creation does emphasize deep customization and aesthetic options. It’s likely that a transmog system could complement the dye system, allowing players even greater control over their character's look.

It sounds like Intrepid Studios is leaning towards a balanced approach that respects player freedom while keeping in line with the game’s broader economic and crafting systems.
    c3xme7oecjh8.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui