What Would Your Dream Festival in Ashes of Creation Look Like?

Imagine this: Your node is thriving, and it’s time to celebrate! If you could create a custom event or festival in Ashes of Creation, what would it be?

We all know Ashes of Creation offers endless possibilities for shaping our world, but have you ever thought about how you would bring your community together in a unique way? Whether it’s a grand feast, a tournament of champions, or a mystical ritual under the stars, what kind of festival or event would you introduce to make your node stand out?

Share your ideas for:
Activities that would draw in adventurers from across the land.
Traditions that reflect your node's culture and history.
Rewards or achievements that participants could earn.
Themes that would make the event unforgettable.

Let’s exchange ideas and see what we can come up with. Your concept could inspire future in-game events or catch the attention of adventurers who are looking for a guild that values creativity and community.

Can’t wait to see what you all think!

Comments

• nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited August 22
    Harvest Festival - Most cultures, this was a time of plenty when they could really enjoy the bounty of food that really only happens once a year. I would love to see games like, catch the pig, hunting quest to bring meat to the festival and the like.

Rewards like cooking recipes and matts, ranging to uncommon to rare. All depending on your engagement. Maybe food with buff and some bigger rewards that have feast food that will let you share with a party or raid. Also maybe some cosmetics like Baker outfit.
  • XephXeph Member
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    Harvest Festival - Most cultures, this was a time of plenty when they could really enjoy the bounty of food that really only happens once a year. I would love to see games like, catch the pig, hunting quest to bring meat to the festival and the like.

Rewards like cooking recipes and matts, ranging to uncommon to rare. All depending on your engagement. Maybe food with buff and some bigger rewards that have feast food that will let you share with a party or raid. Also maybe some cosmetics like Baker outfit.

I love the idea of a Harvest Festival! The focus on celebrating a time of plenty really resonates, especially with the idea of incorporating fun activities like "catch the pig" and hunting quests to gather meat for the festival. It not only brings the community together but also ties into the world’s lore and seasonal cycles.

The rewards you mentioned are spot on—cooking recipes, mats, and food with buffs would be fantastic incentives for participation. I particularly like the idea of feast food that can be shared with a party or raid; it adds a communal aspect that’s perfect for a festival. And the Baker outfit cosmetic? That’s a brilliant touch!

Thanks for sharing such a detailed and immersive concept. This is exactly the kind of event that could make our nodes feel truly alive and give players something to look forward to each year. I’d definitely be excited to see something like this in AoC!
  • rolloxrollox Member
    edited August 22
    Something like an Artisan Fair. Where crafters can put some of their items on display on a mannequin. Allowing other players walking through to view and inspect the item.

Having different competitions for things like best felt caps. Over the course of the festival (a couple days or week) the players get to vote on what they think is best felt cap.

Here's the complicated part. The actual single piece of useable gear could be transacted as normal. But... A cosmetic copy of that felt cap is created as as sort of souvenir item. That can be sold for a small fee that will be distributed between the crafter and the node. Something like how you can go to Medieval Times and buy a cheap fake sword as a souvenir.

But this item, the best of show felt cap, becomes a special cosmetic available only on that sever and only for those players who purchased the souvenir.

I know it sounds far fetched and probably resource heavy to maintain the item as a one time server only cosmetic. Maybe at a point in time, across all servers there was several of these fairs. And there is a meta cross server event that finds the best felt cap in all Verra. And then that can actually be made into a cosmetic on the cosmetic shop. Idk

Sorry, I went way off on a tangent from an actual festival.
  • XephXeph Member
    rollox wrote: »
    Something like an Artisan Fair. Where crafters can put some of their items on display on a mannequin. Allowing other players walking through to view and inspect the item.

Having different competitions for things like best felt caps. Over the course of the festival (a couple days or week) the players get to vote on what they think is best felt cap.

Here's the complicated part. The actual single piece of useable gear could be transacted as normal. But... A cosmetic copy of that felt cap is created as as sort of souvenir item. That can be sold for a small fee that will be distributed between the crafter and the node. Something like how you can go to Medieval Times and buy a cheap fake sword as a souvenir.

But this item, the best of show felt cap, becomes a special cosmetic available only on that sever and only for those players who purchased the souvenir.

I know it sounds far fetched and probably resource heavy to maintain the item as a one time server only cosmetic. Maybe at a point in time, across all servers there was several of these fairs. And there is a meta cross server event that finds the best felt cap in all Verra. And then that can actually be made into a cosmetic on the cosmetic shop. Idk

Sorry, I went way off on a tangent from an actual festival.

Wow, an Artisan Fair is such a brilliant idea! The concept of showcasing crafted items on mannequins for others to admire and inspect really adds a unique and immersive layer to the festival. It would give crafters a chance to truly shine and show off their skills in a way that feels authentic to the world of Ashes of Creation.

Your idea about a server-specific, limited-edition cosmetic is fantastic, and the potential for a cross-server competition to find the best of the best is next-level thinking! Even if it’s resource-intensive, it’s these kinds of ideas that push the boundaries of what a game like Ashes of Creation can offer.

No need to apologize for the tangent—these are the kinds of creative ideas that make the discussion so exciting. This concept would add so much depth and character to the game’s festivals. Thanks for sharing such an innovative idea!
    My hope is that yearly events have nothing to do with what we do as Earthlings. I really dont want to see a Halloween event but maybe have a Death festival. Maybe have smaller dungeons pop up all over the game that have undead monsters and bosses that drop skins for weapons with creepy glow effects. Maybe a few world bosses with short respawn timers that drop maybe cool mount skins that also have creepy skins like a ghost skin for a horse skin and the like. Some quests like prank the local kids, save the maiden quest where you need to save her from mobs of undead and a Ghoul Boss that has her tied to a tree at the end of an instanced dungeon that can be done with smaller teams of 2-3 people. Maybe even killing undead anywhere in the game would drop candy that has some stats and morphs that can turn you into an undead mob for 5 min.
  • XephXeph Member
    My hope is that yearly events have nothing to do with what we do as Earthlings. I really dont want to see a Halloween event but maybe have a Death festival. Maybe have smaller dungeons pop up all over the game that have undead monsters and bosses that drop skins for weapons with creepy glow effects. Maybe a few world bosses with short respawn timers that drop maybe cool mount skins that also have creepy skins like a ghost skin for a horse skin and the like. Some quests like prank the local kids, save the maiden quest where you need to save her from mobs of undead and a Ghoul Boss that has her tied to a tree at the end of an instanced dungeon that can be done with smaller teams of 2-3 people. Maybe even killing undead anywhere in the game would drop candy that has some stats and morphs that can turn you into an undead mob for 5 min.

I’m totally with you on this! The idea of having in-game events that are unique to the world of Ashes of Creation rather than just mirroring real-life holidays is really appealing. A Death Festival sounds like an awesome alternative to a typical Halloween event, and I love the idea of smaller dungeons popping up with undead monsters and bosses.

Overall, this concept would make for a memorable and thematic event that fits perfectly within the world of Verra.

• rolloxrollox Member
    edited August 22
    My hope is that yearly events have nothing to do with what we do as Earthlings.

Yes I like that. Something that maybe unlocks when a new constellation is discovered. And every year as that constellation travels across the Verran sky, the festival becomes available

rollox wrote: »
    My hope is that yearly events have nothing to do with what we do as Earthlings.

Yes I like that. Something that maybe unlocks when a new constellation is discovered. And every year as that constellation travels across the Verran sky, the festival becomes available

Yes, things that are Verra's history and events and lore.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A theatre festival might be nice.

Players could perform short skits of their own making, other characters could do standup comedy routines or guilds could compete with their members presenting plays. We could do dances using emotes and groups of Bards could perform music they wrote.

We wouldn't expect Cats or Hamilton, but an excerpt from Waiting for Godot or Once could be delightful.
  • XephXeph Member
    tautau wrote: »
    A theatre festival might be nice.

Players could perform short skits of their own making, other characters could do standup comedy routines or guilds could compete with their members presenting plays. We could do dances using emotes and groups of Bards could perform music they wrote.

We wouldn't expect Cats or Hamilton, but an excerpt from Waiting for Godot or Once could be delightful.

A theatre festival is such a fantastic idea! The thought of players putting on their own skits, standup routines, and even full-blown plays really adds a new level of creativity and roleplay to the game. It would be amazing to see guilds competing with performances, and the idea of using emotes for dances and having Bards perform their own compositions would make the event truly special.

I love that you mentioned classic pieces like Waiting for Godot or Once—incorporating elements like that would definitely elevate the experience and give players a chance to showcase their talents in a unique way. It’s these kinds of events that could really make the world of Verra feel alive and vibrant.

Thanks for sharing such a creative and culturally rich idea. This would definitely be a festival I’d look forward to every year!
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If I ever end up mayor somewhere, I'll do this and provide some trivial prizes.
  • OtrOtr Member
    Festivals should happen after successfully surviving a siege and rebuilding defenses to a certain degree. Also during rl Christmas.
    Drinks should make characters feel drunk a bit longer than usually.
    NPCs should celebrate too.
  • XephXeph Member
    Otr wrote: »
    Festivals should happen after successfully surviving a siege and rebuilding defenses to a certain degree. Also during rl Christmas.

I really like the idea of festivals being tied to significant in-game events, like surviving a siege and rebuilding the defenses. It would give the celebrations a deeper meaning, serving as a well-earned reward for players' efforts and resilience. And having NPCs join in on the festivities would make the world feel more alive and dynamic, really driving home the idea that everyone—players and NPCs alike—is part of the community.

This would create a festival experience that’s not only fun but also rooted in the game’s lore and player achievements. Thanks for sharing such a thoughtful idea!

This is something I like. One of the things I disliked about ESO was there was not kid NPCs. Seeing kids playing adds so much emersions.

• Harvest festival sounds great and the theatre festival could use voting system like mayoral or roses given to them to redem a prize(Risks it ending up a popularity contest)
    I feel a lot of events, especially alongside real ones end up feeling like fomo, tick the box, get the reward, then log off.

I don’t know about everyone else but I like the idea of earning the rewards like recipes through the activity you cook pies for the festival you learn the recipe, you do enough in the kitchen they’ll gift you the baker’s outfit. It would let people immerse in their area and get the related reward.

Giving everyone a role like a carpenter making tables, tailors making tapestry, weapon smith making cutlery? :D All of which are used in the festival, I’ve never been to a potluck but I imagine it that way with everyone bringing something they know or enjoy.

I don’t know how many NPC’s there will be but I love the idea of events interacting with them, I’d love to see them dress in clothes players made for the event. Some rewards could come through them as well, like an NPC discount or a buff.

*A bit off topic, one thing I don’t actually know, are seasons uniform across the realm or could Vandagar have a winter event while Elyrium has a summer one?
    • Festivals after upgrading the node to higher tiers
    • After a victory in a siege (attacker or defender)
    • Will there be a Verra Halloween?

Could a great hunt that offers trophies that can be traded back in the node, some good materials could be acquired in the great hunt.

Random prizes for doing silly things like keeping yourself drunk for a certain amount of hours

Wood chopping competition, where the participants get random materials

PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Xeph wrote: »
    What Would Your Dream Festival in Ashes of Creation Look Like ?

I am very much inspired by a few Seasonal Festivals like in WoW.

- One Festival for the Time of Plenty, as already mentioned further above by Nanfoodle.

- Maybe a Festival for the spooky Month of October, too.

- One for Christmas, perhaps ?

- Maybe one similar like the Lunar Festival in WoW ? I am not such a great Fan for everything that comes in Spring around March to early June, i admit.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • Xeph wrote: »

I really like the idea of festivals being tied to significant in-game events, like surviving a siege and rebuilding the defenses. It would give the celebrations a deeper meaning, serving as a well-earned reward for players' efforts and resilience. And having NPCs join in on the festivities would make the world feel more alive and dynamic, really driving home the idea that everyone—players and NPCs alike—is part of the community.

This would create a festival experience that’s not only fun but also rooted in the game’s lore and player achievements. Thanks for sharing such a thoughtful idea!

I would like the Siege Survival Festival to have the ability to include a Wicker Man in which captive toons from the attacking group could be loaded into and burned alive ending in permanent deletion of said toons. Maybe make the Mayor of the attacking node kneel and watch. If no captives were available, perhaps a raid could be made into the attacking node's AO to capture unwilling PvP/PvE toons, load them onto a wagon and brought back to the Wicker Man festivities giving their fellow citizens a chance, no matter how unlikely, to rescue them.