Guilds and ships: how they relate? So many questions

Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
edited August 22 in General Discussion
As we know, ships will be items in your inventory and you will use that to summon the ship...(crazy right?!).

How it's gonna be the dinamics of ships and guilds?

Will the guild have a section of the guild bank where certain guild members can stash and unstash the ship?

Or there will be no shared risks and you will have to buy your own ship and call your guildies to hop on it if the ship gets lost then its your problem only, sucks to be you? Who told you to trust these people, right?

Guilds have no taxes, how will groups of people replace lost ships? Just by asking donation around it seens, or manually manage a SRP (ship replacement program) in the guild then?

Will be possible attaching flags and guild's crets on the ships?

Maybe the guild member who wants to have a ship will ask donations around the guild so he can have a ship while promising he will take everybody on his ship later on.

Do you believe there will be many lone wolves in their ships at the seas, or there will be mostly ships packed with people ready for a fight?
PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments

• I expect constant parties to have their own ships and guilds requiring those ships when they're onboarding new parties.

Lone wolves might have their small ships, if they have enough money to get one.
  • RedLeaderRedLeader Member
    edited August 23
    I think it will be more like a raid, when one person has the key. The owner/captain will be in the dockside pub recruiting a crew for the voyage. As they join the party or raid they will get on the boat, and get to share the spoils.

Like Jack Sparrow recruiting his crew in Tortola.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I can't really see ships in Ashes diverging too much (at least on a basic level) from those in Archeage. So, I'm going to answer the following questions with that assumption in mind.
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    How it's gonna be the dinamics of ships and guilds?
    In the same way a guild may help one person get a legendary item, a guild may help one person get a really good ship.

Since most guilds operate on the notion that the guild is stronger if the individuals in it are stronger, this should never be an issue.
    Will the guild have a section of the guild bank where certain guild members can stash and unstash the ship?
    I would assume ships are unable to be transferred in that manner.

Individual components of a ship may, however.
    Or there will be no shared risks and you will have to buy your own ship and call your guildies to hop on it if the ship gets lost then its your problem only, sucks to be you? Who told you to trust these people, right?
    I would think you summon your ship and your guild mates get on. If you for what ever reason do not go with your ship, you are probably going to be unable to un-summon it - meaning your ship will stay in the game world until it is destroyed. However, destroyed probably doesn't mean building a new ship from scratch - it probably means needing to repair your ship.

More often than not, the owner of a ship will want to go with it though - even if it is a guild thing. If your guild is assisting you in building a really good ship, they are entrusting you with their resources, and so it is on you to look after it. Obviously this will be different in different guilds, and even within the same guild based on how a given ship came to be.
    Guilds have no taxes, how will groups of people replace lost ships? Just by asking donation around it seens, or manually manage a SRP (ship replacement program) in the guild then?
    This will be up to the guild. It may well be that everyone chips in, but it may also be that repairs are so insignificant a cost that no one cares.
    Will be possible attaching flags and guild's crets on the ships?
    Yes.
    Maybe the guild member who wants to have a ship will ask donations around the guild so he can have a ship while promising he will take everybody on his ship later on.
    Could do.
    Do you believe there will be many lone wolves in their ships at the seas, or there will be mostly ships packed with people ready for a fight?
    Yes to both.

However, it is unlikely that there will be large ships run by solo players. If you are at the helm of the ship (steering it), then you are probably unable to fire the cannons (or what ever Ashes uses in their place).

I would imagine there will be a smaller boat in Ashes that a single person can both pilot and shoot a cannon from.
  • LodrigLodrig Member
    edited August 25
    The simplest solution is what I saw in DarkFall, ships are item in your inventory which can be summoned into the world and are then controlable by anyone who engages the stearing wheel. The controler can then unsommon it back to inventory. Their is no ownership other then possession and a ship summoned into the world is always at risk of being stolen.

I do not think this is what we see in AoC though, likely something more like a Deed that we have for Freeholds will regulate ship ownership. So I their is likely to be no direct interaction between the guild system and the ownership of ships.