Mail in Ballots

2»

Comments

• Bro this would be hilarious. Do it for the lulz please Intrepid.
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited August 27
    Here's a simplified version of the system for Intrepid:
    • Ballots act like materials: they can be dropped, traded, or moved
    • Anyone can put any number of ballots into a ballot box and choose their votes
    • Ballots can be mailed, if the caravan gets destroyed the ballot is reset and the new owner will decide what to do with it
    • When voting starts, each voter receives one ballot, which goes into their inventory once they withdraw it (the ballot can be withdrawn at any node) and has an expiry date.
    • Ballots created for a specific voting process share the same expiry date as that voting process
    • Cheating is possible; people can add extra votes by smuggling in non-expired ballots from other processes

Making ballots editable would require excessive processing and database resources and too many clicks from the players. Instead, keep them all blank until their a finally deposited in the ballot box (then destroy the ballot once it is delivered), with the only relevant data being an expiry date for each voting process, the ballot just have to be from the same source being the node/guild/castle/group (it depends on who is running the proccess and that is the proccess for).

One possibility would be having a daily or even hourly update on the counting, so along the elections everyday people would see who is winning and the side that is behind in the race would have to put their backs into trying to rig the election in their favor. I want to see guilds putting massive efforts into cheating. Counting the ballots only after the election ends is not enticing enough.

Make elections the most rotten process possible, it should be full of drama, cheating and scheming.

Good luck!
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • I think the topic does raise the question. How do you vote in node elections when you are away from the node? How does news travel in game. Sure out of game it travels, but if we don’t have fast travel are those away from the node unable to participate?

I could see an schemes to set up some sort of order to cause groups to leave the node, such as war, then hold elections while they are away so as to win the election or retain their seat of power.
    edited August 28
    I think the topic does raise the question. How do you vote in node elections when you are away from the node? How does news travel in game. Sure out of game it travels, but if we don’t have fast travel are those away from the node unable to participate?

I could see an schemes to set up some sort of order to cause groups to leave the node, such as war, then hold elections while they are away so as to win the election or retain their seat of power.

Very intriguing points here!

More and more I an trying to see the grand scheme of things in AoC, we are trying to have insights way beyond what Intrepid revealed to the community.
  • I think the topic does raise the question. How do you vote in node elections when you are away from the node? How does news travel in game. Sure out of game it travels, but if we don’t have fast travel are those away from the node unable to participate?

What if intrepid created a little shack or something like that along frequently travelled areas outside of the nodes cities and castles. Then once a certain amount of votes have been cast in that set area/after a certain amount of time passes if not enough votes are collected it automatically generates a caravan route to the closest node. Maybe have it waiting in a stable next to the shack, then when it gets to say 5 minutes until it spawns it send a message to those people who have cast a vote in that specific area so they are able to either defend/plot the demise of the caravan.

This method could also allow highway bandits to set up ambushes as they could have one of their members cast a vote and receive the notification that it will be leaving soon so they can get everyone set up.

As i was typing this i also had the idea that they could add a tavern next to it as well so it becomes like a little rest stop area, maybe have a simple shop that only stocks bare essentials like maybe some weak potions, simple gatherables that other travellers have sold there. This could also serve as a meeting ground for upcoming local wars in the area an so on. nohing too fancy but just something that will make players wait around for the caravan to start and not have them just standing out on the road

Some say the goal to life is to make order of chaos, i believe we should embrace the chaos, let it nurture us into who we truly are.
  • Likely not gonna happen - > because Voting will be able to get done completely without Caravans, right ?

Why Stuff Votes into a Caravan ? To cart the Votes to another Node ?
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
    edited August 29
    I think the topic does raise the question. How do you vote in node elections when you are away from the node? How does news travel in game. Sure out of game it travels, but if we don’t have fast travel are those away from the node unable to participate?

What if intrepid created a little shack or something like that along frequently travelled areas outside of the nodes cities and castles. Then once a certain amount of votes have been cast in that set area/after a certain amount of time passes if not enough votes are collected it automatically generates a caravan route to the closest node. Maybe have it waiting in a stable next to the shack, then when it gets to say 5 minutes until it spawns it send a message to those people who have cast a vote in that specific area so they are able to either defend/plot the demise of the caravan.

This method could also allow highway bandits to set up ambushes as they could have one of their members cast a vote and receive the notification that it will be leaving soon so they can get everyone set up.

As i was typing this i also had the idea that they could add a tavern next to it as well so it becomes like a little rest stop area, maybe have a simple shop that only stocks bare essentials like maybe some weak potions, simple gatherables that other travellers have sold there. This could also serve as a meeting ground for upcoming local wars in the area an so on. nohing too fancy but just something that will make players wait around for the caravan to start and not have them just standing out on the road

I think the caravan should leave the node without much of a fuss, maye one npc will say something out lout or ring a bell, and only the people close to the npc should listen. Also about this spot, I don't think there should be a spot for this at all, but there should be a mailbox near the mayor house.

About leaving the node only when it has a certain amount of votes, idk about that, maybe ok, maybe not... should think about this a little more. Probably, the votes should be in any caravan travels closer to the destination, because sometimes you will vote from another island and you are 30 nodes away, so I think the vote should be mailed as fast as possible in the first available caravan and maybe your vote will reach the destination in time.... sometimes your vote will not get there.

So, putting together all the votes every 4 hours and sending them all will give a good chance of having them find their destinations in time, specially if you are not that far from the destination. But if you are 30 nodes away then it woul take up to 5 days for the votes to get there
  • edited August 29
    Or once animal husbandry is introduced, you could register your pets as citizens and let them register for a vote too.
  • Necromancers could have dead bodies vote too lol.
  • Ace1234 wrote: »
    Necromancers could have dead bodies vote too lol.

I see what you did there lol!