Altoholic friendly?

Hi, I'm I love creating alts and playing multiple classes in all of my favorite MMO's. One feature I really enjoy is the ability to trade gear and items through a shared bank with other characters on your account. Will this be possible in Ashes of Creation?

Comments

• CaerylCaeryl Member
    I don’t think we’ve gotten much clarification on how tradable items are (or how easily traded) between characters belonging to the same player.

I would assume there will be a way to do so, but given how storage and trading is handled locally rather than server-wide, it might be difficult to do.
  • Gaul_Gaul_ Member
    edited August 29
    According to the wiki, "storage space is shared between characters on the same account."

So yes, you can trade gear and items between your alts! For raw resources and processed materials, then you'll have to bring the receiving character to the location of your player housing storage.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    In other mmos leveling up an alt is very easy due to many factors, mostly ez mmo, no owpvp.

You will be left behind if you dont focus on one char.
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Only real road block is the 250hrs of game play to get max level.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In an RPG, alts aren’t always about hitting max Level.
  • ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    A shared bank could limit storage options. I'd be just as, if not happier with a mailing system.

In terms of making alts, I would hope there it takes a while of leveling and adventuring before you hit the so called level cap.

I am mostly wondering if alts would be locked to the same node, I don't think this will be the case. It can create another interesting layer in terms of espionage. Maybe even check local prices. If you see for example the price of fruit, or iron is higher than usual, a more hostile node might go for a more targeted supply-line attack.

I have a high degree of confidence this game will be friendly for alts.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited August 30
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    Only real road block is the 250hrs of game play to get max level.

Finally an MMO where the mantra of "Choices with Consequences" has its day in the sun.

;)
  • If you can level a Max Character in 2 months, that means you can get 6 in your first year.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • postin wrote: »
    Altoholic friendly ?

Only when You don't want to own a Freehold i think. Because it sounds really hard like this will be quite the Challenge. I don't think that whoever wants to grind for it - will have time to be busy with Twinks/Alts.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • So I guess you farm the mats on Character 1 and put them in your Player housing storage chest. Character 2 takes the items and processes them into whatever final product and mails them to Character 3. Character 3 is positioned somewhere where the sale will be best.
    c8ybb18afj2p.jpg
    "The gods do not fear death. They greet death as an old friend. When your time comes to return to the ashes, move forward knowing death is merely one of many paths to a new adventure."
  • postin wrote: »
    Hi, I'm I love creating alts and playing multiple classes in all of my favorite MMO's. One feature I really enjoy is the ability to trade gear and items through a shared bank with other characters on your account. Will this be possible in Ashes of Creation?

The in game mail system allows for finished good (no mats) to be mailed to other characters. However you may only have one citizenship per account per server, so if you want to you could but this suggestion comes with a very large caveat. This game is not friendly towards solo/casual players.
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Dygz wrote: »
    In an RPG, alts aren’t always about hitting max Level.

Agreed. But needs to be said because for some that would be a no to alts.