The need for Bone Armor.

Ayeveegaming1Ayeveegaming1 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I really think there should be craft-able bone armor in game. It is needed for Role Play for sure. Ingredients can be from animals or even other players if we can loot body parts. I do not agree with naming where the bones come from. I do not want player names on body parts looted. Could be up for debate however. I want to RP a necromancer, and have a guild of undead. I need some bone armor :)
5pc7z05ap5uc.png

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Bone Armor. Yes, please!
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited August 29
    Ravicus wrote: »
    I really think there should be craft-able bone armor in game. It is needed for Role Play for sure.

It kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindaaa (?) already exists with for Example the Unseen Order Cosmetics, so i wouldn't be to worried about that. But i get what you mean. The Possibility to make it ingame.

Ahhh :heart: like back in V-Rising ... ... :heart:

I will forever remember these glorious Moments, when i crafted my first Set of Armor from the Remains of someone's Grandparents. :heart:

Ahm~UMMM, i mean ... ... ... ... ... Yes, Bone-Armor Please !! (Ò_Ó) it is just logical to make Weapons and Armor out from Stuff before we can smelt down Metal and so on. And maybe Wood or Leather will not always be around to quickly make neat Armors from it. ( :D )
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • Ayeveegaming1Ayeveegaming1 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Ravicus wrote: »
    I really think there should be craft-able bone armor in game. It is needed for Role Play for sure.

It kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindaaa (?) already exists with for Example the Unseen Order Cosmetics, so i wouldn't be to worried about that. But i get what you mean. The Possibility to make it ingame.

Ahhh :heart: like back in V-Rising ... ... :heart:

I will forever remember these glorious Moments, when i crafted my first Set of Armor from the Remains of someone's Grandparents. :heart:

Ahm~UMMM, i mean ... ... ... ... ... Yes, Bone-Armor Please !! (Ò_Ó) it is just logical to make Weapons and Armor out from Stuff before we can smelt down Metal and so on. And maybe Wood or Leather will not always be around to quickly make neat Armors from it. ( :D )

Yes!!
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • P0GG0P0GG0 Member
    jesus stop spamming the forums.
  • LodrigLodrig Member
    Reasonable to have. Bone would generally be classified as Medium armor in most settings basically on par with Leather armor.
    Lodrig wrote: »
    Reasonable to have. Bone would generally be classified as Medium armor in most settings basically on par with Leather armor.

Yep, I picture light/medium armor for a necromancer or a barbarian.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • AuldrakarAuldrakar Member
    edited August 30
    Yes, I support Necromancer Bone Armor. Let's make it happen!

But I'd just want it to be a magical spell, it doesn't need to be something craftable. But a UI to alter the appearance of it would also be kool.
  • Lodrig wrote: »

One thing I've never understood in fantasy. For looks? Sure. For protection? Seems unwieldy for minor gains. Like, I could make a full "plate" set out of clay, and it's technically giving me some protection, but it would break on first contact, regardless of modern ceramics.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If it's High Magic Fantasy - the armor will provide magical protection.
    In real life - it depends on what weapons are being used.
  • NikbisNikbis Member
    Ahahah, look at them Necromancers, digging bones and worshipping them.
    I just want leaves, a shield, blunt weapons and thunder.
    Alright, whatever they ask, give them :p
    If I had to keep only one song, it would be this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCF2pson54s
    Nikbis wrote: »
    Ahahah, look at them Necromancers, digging bones and worshipping them.
    I just want leaves, a shield, blunt weapons and thunder.
    Alright, whatever they ask, give them :p

Yes, give us what we want!! :)
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • LodrigLodrig Member
    Ergophobic wrote: »
    Lodrig wrote: »

One thing I've never understood in fantasy. For looks? Sure. For protection? Seems unwieldy for minor gains. Like, I could make a full "plate" set out of clay, and it's technically giving me some protection, but it would break on first contact, regardless of modern ceramics.

No one said anything about about ceramics. Bone, or more typically animal tusk such as boar tusk helmets in which the tusks are woven onto a cap are a real thing in multiple pre metal working cultures, they functioned similar to scale mail. The tusks have great reistence to cutting attacks and moderate bludgeoning protection, but are easily pierces because a thrust or arrow will slide along the rounded surfacs to the gaps between.
  • KyskeiKyskei Member
    Leatherworking generally incorporates a lot of the parts of animals and such, not just the leather. I see no reason Bone should be exempt from that.