Druids & Nature magic

RonDog98RonDog98 Member
edited August 30 in General Discussion
Does anyone think one of the subclasses will allow for a nature spell caster or transformation based class? Transformation magic is listed on the wiki, but there’s no real info.

I find it odd that we don’t have a traditional Druid archetype given the heavy DND inspiration.

Comments

• KilionKilion Member
    Steven said it somewhere (sry don't remember where specifically) that there is no class with transformation as a core mechanic present.

The closest we will get in the current design will be the Monster Coin events, which are open world events where players can use monster coins to take control of a Mob thats part of the event and push the objective of one side through that. But as the concept implies: This is class independent and event bound.

As to WHY this is not a thing, I can only guess and my guess is that this is bound to the lore in some way that has yet to be revealed. Lastly: there are still a few Archetype combinations that strike me as nature themed, which as off now might be your best chance of going there.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • wouldnt surprise me tbh if druid/nature themed magic class came some time down the future with an expansion but definelty no shot before game comes out :p

Druid a popular MMO class so yeah there a decent chance they come someday but far in the future
  • Kilion wrote: »
    As to WHY this is not a thing, I can only guess and my guess is that this is bound to the lore in some way that has yet to be revealed.

Presumably, having only just come through a portal and having our very first access to The Essence, doesn't count as having Mastery Over Transformation Magic and Attuning Our Souls To Transformation Magic.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Transformation
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Now that the game's rated (M) for Mature, it is possible that they could add a Druid with Mature magic, such as manifesting phallic objects that attack your opponents. But this won't be in at launch, not til the 1st expansion prolly.
  • edited August 30
    Beastmaster just might be the closest to what a druid class is, at least in some RPG systems. I suspect your summons are going to be wild animals, just as Necromancer is supposed to have access to undead summons.
    Auldrakar wrote: »
    Now that the game's rated (M) for Mature, it is possible that they could add a Druid with Mature magic, such as manifesting phallic objects that attack your opponents. But this won't be in at launch, not til the 1st expansion prolly.
    Come again?

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes, please.
  • Beastmaster just might be the closest to what a druid class is, at least in some RPG systems. I suspect your summons are going to be wild animals, just as Necromancer is supposed to have access to undead summons.
    Now that the game's rated (M) for Mature, it is possible that they could add a Druid with Mature magic, such as manifesting phallic objects that attack your opponents. But this won't be in at launch, not til the 1st expansion prolly.
    Come again?

The Subject of the thread was "Druids and Mature Magic". I guess the OP edited it.
  • arkileoarkileo Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Druid is conspicuously missing, yeah. Maybe a future content opportunity.
  • Remember in WoW when the announced Death Knights? yeah, Druid would be huge and it can always happen in the future. Remember, we have 10+ years of gameplay to look forward to.
    c8ybb18afj2p.jpg
    "The gods do not fear death. They greet death as an old friend. When your time comes to return to the ashes, move forward knowing death is merely one of many paths to a new adventure."
  • eruiluvatareruiluvatar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    a nice, normal, non-phallic-object-casting druid does sound nice ;)
    tenor.gif
  • Auldrakar wrote: »
    Beastmaster just might be the closest to what a druid class is, at least in some RPG systems. I suspect your summons are going to be wild animals, just as Necromancer is supposed to have access to undead summons.
    Come again?

The Subject of the thread was "Druids and Mature Magic". I guess the OP edited it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO352JK4swE&amp;t=25s
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    RonDog98 wrote: »
    Does anyone think one of the subclasses will allow for a nature spell caster or transformation based class? Transformation magic is listed on the wiki, but there’s no real info.

I find it odd that we don’t have a traditional Druid archetype given the heavy DND inspiration.

I this update Steven said that sub class will augment skills of the base class and could change what the base skill does entirely. Some changes would be damage types and other less impactful changes. One can hope. Some time after May 1st when we are to see the last base class. We will start to see augment information starting. Steven did say that's not coming till we see all base classes.