Dot Class?

Just curious if anyone has heard of any DoT based class yet?

Comments

• KilionKilion Member
    From all the Archetype showcases we have seen so far: No.

Summoners might go that direction though. In theory it the talent tree options of the mage could allow us to specc our spells to deal more continuous damage rather than burst. But as of now I'm not aware of anything conclusive about this.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • YohYoh Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Rogue has DoTs, like bleeding or poison. Summoner is also possible.
    Thou keep in mind we are early days yet, and many skills have yet to be implemented, and most archetypes atm are fairly basic. This will probably change in time.

I would expect that you could combine a primary and secondary to build around DoT's if your so inclined.
  • GithalGithal Member
    We already have Dot Class. And it is... The fighter (Surprise!).
    Steven already mentioned in the fighter class preview that you will be able to build him with focus on the bleed. Increasing max bleed stacks, more abilities that apply bleeds and ect.
  • Summoner will probably have Dots, What else are they gonna do while sending some pets after the target? Debuff and DoT!
    c8ybb18afj2p.jpg
    "The gods do not fear death. They greet death as an old friend. When your time comes to return to the ashes, move forward knowing death is merely one of many paths to a new adventure."
  • SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I really hope summoner will be DoT based. I would definitely enjoy him much more.
  • P0GG0P0GG0 Member
    Dot mechanic is garbage tho.
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I really hope people can do DoT builds without locking it behind a specific class, maybe augments + specific choices on weapon skill trees + other gear
  • LodrigLodrig Member
    Morgalf wrote: »
    Summoner will probably have Dots, What else are they gonna do while sending some pets after the target? Debuff and DoT!

Not nessarily, while it's true Summoner kind of needs something to do if they don't fight directly. They could do several other things then cast DoTs. Some ability to tactically command summons "flank that guy" "defend this area" etc would make sense and make you feel like your really commanding your minion. Also supporting them in the forms of buffs and heals rather then damage makes sense, or if they are damage dealing debuffs on enemies they work by amplifying your summons damage rather then just replicating what a mage can do. A DoT basically has no interaction with summoned creates so seems like a very poor choice of a Summoners kit.
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    P0GG0 wrote: »
    Dot mechanic is garbage tho.

Tell that to my EQ1 Necro. Long boss fights. No class could beat my DPS once I got my dots layered and timed. Used to solo raid trash mobs to get exp.
  • Dillbozo wrote: »

summoner
  • I belive the summoner might have some dots. Summoner pet classes tend to have that traditionally
    zyomesgdic8d.gif
  • Dillbozo wrote: »

While no class has been specifically stated as being a DoT class I suspect most if not all the classes will be able to be turned into DoT classes through augment systems.

The Summoner is meant to be a filler class, able to fill any role by summoning the right spirits/pets. So if you want the widest range of different kinds of DoTs that would probably be your best bet. But best to wait till we know a bit more detail about the augment system before settling on any particular class.
  • I'd expect most classes to have some access to DoTs.

Rogue with poison/bleeds, Fighter with bleeds, Mage with elemental dots like ignite, Cleric will also probably have ignite, etc.

Now whether you will be able to solely focus on DoTs, vs it just being a supplement to your damage, we don't know yet.

Personally, I'm a fan of DoTs, but they can easily be very boring - just re-stacking same 4-5 DoTs on a target is just dumb gameplay loop imo. They need to be more interactive.