Vassal resentment

1235»

Comments

• keenow wrote: »
    Throwing my two cents in. I'm kind of 50-50 on if I mind being a vassal citizen or not. There's two instances I would hate. One; being vassal to an Economic node in any capacity.
    Interesting, I hope you take the time to explain this. Being a vassal to an Economic node will likely give you better access to the Auction House in that node (perhaps reduced fees, etc like other node citizens). I would think that would be a good thing.
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    edited September 19
    Vassaling under a Scientific or Economic metro has some marked benefits brought up before, namely fast travel within the metro ZOI or a more centralized AH system within the metro.

The one that's a marked downgrade is Military, which lessens corruption penalties in the area (or so it was mentioned years back, no clue if that's still the case with no new info).
  • ShivaFang wrote: »
    No taxation without representation. Vassal citizens should be allowed to run and vote in their parent node (or otherwise participate in the election process). That's all I require.

Idea.
    This should become an "Option".

That Ruler-Nodes can decide if Citizens from VASSAL-Nodes should be able to :

- be able to vote in the Ruler-Node to influence the Elections,

- be able to vote " IF " they have paid a certain Amount of Tribute/Payment before, to be allowed to vote,

- or if they can not vote at all. ;)

This would be nice to make it a bit more visible who is a greedy Ruler - and who is an outright Tyrant. >:)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
    No taxation without representation. Vassal citizens should be allowed to run and vote in their parent node (or otherwise participate in the election process). That's all I require.

0 reason for you to be voting in a node you are not living in, that also doesn't control your living environment in your node.

Over complicating a system only for it to be abused later on sounds utterly terrible. Only the mayor of your node dictates what does on with your node, not your parent node.

If your focused is to only live in the highest tier node move to it.

Not feasable, only citizens of nodes are eligable for mayorships, and the 4 different node types have different methods.