Clouds and lighting

After watching the latest live stream introducing the raid on firebrand. Steven started the stream looking up at the sun. BRIGHT. I did however notice a cloud that slowly moved in front of the sun, but the lighting did not seem to change. I was hoping to start a discussion on a minor thing that doesn't NEED to be in the game, but would have a cool atmospheric approach. I would love to see clouds completely block light from the sun and provide shade. Thinking of Mordor from lord of the rings.

Comments

• Hopefully it will get improved later on. But i think i have seen already both Live Presentations - and Screenshots, of where the Sun seemed very foggy behind Clouds and not so strong.

If they do THIS ALONE already glorious enough, it will cast endless Wonders if always fresh Experience to Ashes of Creation. A wonderful, regularly fresh Experience in the same Areas which not even Worst of Warcraft has.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I just want the live streams to live up to the pre recorded show cases
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree with you 100% that I hope it's improved by the time of release, and I appreciate you bringing it up. I believe these little details are possible with Unreal 5. Here is a video showing how to make shadows on the ground from clouds using the engine:

Unreal Engine Lighting Secrets: Crafting Cloud Shadows with Light Function

So yeah, this is the kind of thing I'd love to see, both in the sky and on the ground.

Hhak63P.png
  • Chicago wrote: »
    I just want the live streams to live up to the pre recorded show cases

What about Alpha Two ?

Imagine finally seeing this Game in Action, after so many Years. Well okay that counts only for People who weren't Testers already ... ...
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • Atama wrote: »
    I agree with you 100% that I hope it's improved by the time of release, and I appreciate you bringing it up. I believe these little details are possible with Unreal 5. Here is a video showing how to make shadows on the ground from clouds using the engine:

Unreal Engine Lighting Secrets: Crafting Cloud Shadows with Light Function

So yeah, this is the kind of thing I'd love to see, both in the sky and on the ground.

Wow that's super awesome. Yes would love to see this more in game. Would bring the beauty of the world even more to life. Thank you for commenting that link ❤️