Pre-Order game time on release?

YepodYepod Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
So if you bought the "Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack" it included 9 months worth or game time. Now my question is how does this get applied on release. Does the account automatically charge the 9 months or do I get to individually activate it when the right time arise for me to play. I am asking this since I am working alot from time to time and wont always be able to dedicate my life to this game and it would be quite the bummer to lose out on 4-5 months worth of time because I can't manually activate the play time.

My recommended way of handling this would be to give ultimately one code per month to be activated. (9 codes in total). This way I can activate the play time when I feel like I have enough time to actually make use of the subscription instead of losing out.

Comments

• I'm not in your situation, but I can see the utility of your suggestion and it would be a good thing to have indeed.
  • This might have been a good question to explore before making your pre-order purchase, Yepod.

The Wiki does say you can start your sub at any point in time you choose.

However, I could not immediately find details on stopping the sub related to free game time from pre-order.

Unless another astute forum-goer knows (or a Forums Mod), my suggestion is to send in a Support ticket and ask there.
  • YepodYepod Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Taleof2Cities Yes, well when I purchased it I was fully aware that I might lose out on the months. Didn't buy any pack to gain anything. Simply wanted to support the devs because I believe in their game ideas. But I am addressing it because I believe it is a simple solution that they just simply haven't thought about or that it already is the way I adviced it. Also believe there is more folk in my position that is wondering the same thing and this post could be an answer to them aswell.
  • I don't think they've said anything about starting/stopping the pre-paid sub once you've activated it but it'd be kinda nice. I usually play MMOs for 3 months or so and then take a break for a month or two before coming back.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you can find another example of a company allowing you to start and stop a "sub" as you like, link it(not talking about buying month to month). I have never seen it. If you buy 3 months sub, it gonna run 3 months from when you activate it.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Honestly, if they did this, I can see a lot of people complaining that they are only doing it because they are hoping some people will not activate each month individually, assuming it works the same as literally every other service.

This alone makes me think it's a bad idea - especially considering there is no reason anyone is in this position unwittingly.
  • YepodYepod Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How is it a bad idea allowing the consumer to decide when to make use of his purchase? Would be a fair way of saying thank you for the support and that we believe in their product. Very few are actually playing the same game religiously for 9 months. What business is it for the people that have not purchased the 9 months to begin with?
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you can find another example of a company allowing you to start and stop a "sub" as you like, link it(not talking about buying month to month). I have never seen it. If you buy 3 months sub, it gonna run 3 months from when you activate it.

Totally agree. If you know of any MMORPG that allows you to pause when you buy multiple months at a time, I would love to find out. I haven't found one yet, and there have been many a time I have wanted to pause for a month or so due to life.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Yepod wrote: »
    Very few are actually playing the same game religiously for 9 months.
    I mean, this is kind of normal from my perspective. Especially at the start of a new game.
  • I'll give this a +1 as it would be a convenient thing to have.
  • Yepod wrote: »
    So if you bought the "Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack" it included 9 months worth or game time. Now my question is how does this get applied on release. Does the account automatically charge the 9 months or do I get to individually activate it when the right time arise for me to play. I am asking this since I am working alot from time to time and wont always be able to dedicate my life to this game and it would be quite the bummer to lose out on 4-5 months worth of time because I can't manually activate the play time.

My recommended way of handling this would be to give ultimately one code per month to be activated. (9 codes in total). This way I can activate the play time when I feel like I have enough time to actually make use of the subscription instead of losing out.

Could be very convenient from our side, but from the side of a Intrepîd it's a totally anti-business idea. I doubt they ll do that. Deciding about the time you start to play, this yes, it's obvious.