Mud Shield

DisobedientDisobedient Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I've got an idea. It's the "Mud Shield" or "Swamp Shield", basically a shield that looks like a flat rock dripping with mud, genius right? Here's the best part, when an opponent's weapon makes contact with the shield, the opponent gets hit with a "slow" debuff for like 3 seconds. I saw this in the manhwa "Overgeared" (Ch. 82), I was thinking it would be cool to see in AoC lol.

Comments

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Bad taste.
  • ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That’s a creative idea! The "Mud Shield" concept you mentioned could add an interesting layer to defensive gameplay in Ashes of Creation. The idea of combining a traditional shield with an environmental effect like mud to debuff opponents is both unique and thematic, especially in a game world with rich environmental interactions.

Implementing something like a "slow" debuff upon contact would not only make blocking more dynamic but also offer strategic advantages in both PvP and PvE scenarios. Imagine a tank using this shield to disrupt enemy movements or control the battlefield more effectively. Plus, it ties nicely into the idea of incorporating environmental elements into combat, which could be a great way to expand on the game’s immersion and tactical depth.

It would be fascinating to see how something like this could be balanced and integrated into the existing class and combat systems of AoC. Perhaps different types of shields could have unique debuffs, adding another layer of strategy when choosing gear.
    c3xme7oecjh8.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • I could see this being an augment for a Tank primary that select a Mage secondary.
    Too bad, you lose! The correct sequence was blood - blood - blood.
  • As an item this is bad, as an augment it is fine. I see it fitting best with Ranger, Tank and Mage, any of their combinations.
  • Mud Shield

And Disobedient only so like : " If it bleeds, we can kill it !! "

0zh6g7jk1zgi.jpg
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like the idea but would prefer to see this as part of an augmented skill for tanks. Tank/Tank could have augmented abilities that punish players for attacking them. Like by drenching your shield in mud that lasts X amount of time!