Divine nodes: "Mega Catacomb" Dungeon. Will the Catacombs Be PVX or pure PVE?

Ayeveegaming1Ayeveegaming1 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I'm loving the Divine node system. Digging down below the metropolis into a catacomb system. This catacomb system will potentially link you to the vassal nodes. I was wondering about the Catacomb dungeons however. Will they be PVP or PVE? Will they be instanced? These are just a couple questions I have on this topic.
5pc7z05ap5uc.png

Comments

• I hope they're pvx :)

Don't believe we've heard info either way though.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most likely PvX.
  • Yes I hope the catacombs are PvX. It would be important for other features like running a caravan through the catacombs as an alternate route. And for the Divine node citizens to guard and protect their catacomb content.

Even stopping siege groups from using the catacombs as an alternate way into the node.
  • I hope its like Dark & Darker, an escape looter.

Parties queue up to enter in a match making sysem where groups are pitted against each other in an instanced catacomb. All parties from across Vera that queue at nodes of the same tier are matched up for the first level, if you choose to go deeper rather then escape then you go into the queue of the next higher tier. This lets thouse entering from the highest tier nodes essentially skip directly to much deeper levels while still letting anyone go deep if they can survive. When you exit either by dying or escaping you return to your original location ofcourse. The catacomb is like the High seas a no corruption zone.
  • Ayeveegaming1Ayeveegaming1 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope they're pvx :)

Don't believe we've heard info either way though.

Ya, I am a bit ahead in asking about this, but it possibly could help the pvp/pve argument depending on if it is pvx
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    Dygz wrote: »
    Most likely PvX.

Yes, most likely. I can see it less dangerous in my opinion however. It seems like the access points, I assume, are inside either a metro, or a vassal. It might be safer passage just in that one respect. In addition it might make the pvx bosses below less likely to be ambushed.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
    Lodrig wrote: »
    I hope its like Dark & Darker, an escape looter.

Parties queue up to enter in a match making sysem where groups are pitted against each other in an instanced catacomb. All parties from across Vera that queue at nodes of the same tier are matched up for the first level, if you choose to go deeper rather then escape then you go into the queue of the next higher tier. This lets thouse entering from the highest tier nodes essentially skip directly to much deeper levels while still letting anyone go deep if they can survive. When you exit either by dying or escaping you return to your original location ofcourse. The catacomb is like the High seas a no corruption zone.

That is interesting. It is a cool idea at least.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • When was the last time we had an update for the Divine Nodes (or any node besides scientific, to be honest). Things might have changed drastically since the last update. I would go with the assumption that most systems we have been told about will see a change or even be removed.

At this point, I would be surprised if we get anything besides the scientific nodes (sorry for pessimism, but all these other nodes would take a lot of development hours which we have not seen or heard word about).
    McShave wrote: »
    When was the last time we had an update for the Divine Nodes (or any node besides scientific, to be honest). Things might have changed drastically since the last update. I would go with the assumption that most systems we have been told about will see a change or even be removed.

At this point, I would be surprised if we get anything besides the scientific nodes (sorry for pessimism, but all these other nodes would take a lot of development hours which we have not seen or heard word about).

It's alright to be pessimistic. Most of us have been burned before. However this situation is a bit different. This kickstart and afterword development has shown that Steven has put like 60 million in his own money. If its a scam or not going to succeed he will be the one that gets hurt the most. I think being that he has skin in the game makes it much more believable that these things will happen. It just might take longer. Believe me some days I wake up and am grumpy and feel depressed about the wait, but for the most part I am optimistic.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png