Firebrand - A little suggestion

MalvaMalva Member
edited September 7 in General Discussion
After the event ended, we saw how Firebrand immediately arrived in the region, certain that the adventurers had taken something that was his property.

ekr2lnsaxhh9.png

With this same certainty, he should immediately attack the players who triggered the event. He looks directly at the group and roars, attacking would be the logical sequence of this.

9t1hyg15kxz8.png

And not just stand there eating grass.

7bo7sjzb7ern.png

So only after this initial attack against whoever triggered the event, should he enter "standby mode".

However, instead of remaining static, he could walk or fly around the arena, while roaring as if he were actually searching for something.

Then as soon as a new group of players entered the area, he would immediately attack those players, thus starting a new battle.

qyi6bqom77f4.png

Another suggestion I would make is to increase the Boss's aggro area. Because, although on the minimap it seems like a large area, we can see Steven and his group getting very close to the dragon before it actually enters "combat mode". Which doesn't make sense for a dragon that is enraged and looking for something.

aim9ybargwiv.png
n4p2kknvt5xc.png

Comments

• eating grass
    hahahahaha
  • Much better than a cow looking into the wind
  • MalvaMalva Member
    edited September 7
    Same energy

1d02fa8d7gj5.png

n4p2kknvt5xc.png
  • VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited September 7
    Also i would like to add on this to a degree for other mobs. Some mobs should have longer agro range than other even in the same mob groups. For example there could be a mob named Vangarian watchman for example might be more alert and have like a 20% larger agro range than all the other vangarian mobs since his job is to watch out for things, Wolfs might have longer agro range than say plant mobs since they have a scent of smell.

Patrolling mobs should have longer agro range too since you would think they would be more alert on their patrols. Would mix things up when farming having to keep an eye out on patrols or mobs with more alert agro range.
  • Veeshan wrote: »
    Also i would like to add on this to a degree for other mobs. Some mobs should have longer agro range than other even in the same mob groups. For example there could be a mob named Vangarian watchman for example might be more alert and have like a 20% larger agro range than all the other vangarian mobs since his job is to watch out for things, Wolfs might have longer agro range than say plant mobs since they have a scent of smell.

Patrolling mobs should have longer agro range too since you would think they would be more alert on their patrols. Would mix things up when farming having to keep an eye out on patrols or mobs with more alert agro range.

I agree, this not only brings more "realism" to the game, but also changes the players' approach strategy.
    n4p2kknvt5xc.png
  • I completely agree with Malva. A dragon is always a classic creature that can't be missing from any good MMORPG and the experience of meeting one should always be remarkable!
    We know it's in Alpha and everything is in development, one step at a time. And before I suggest anything, I want to make it clear that the dragon itself is visually very satisfying, its attacks are beautiful to look at and the combat against it is also satisfying. But, as Malva mentioned, there's a whole context in which that encounter with the dragon takes place. He's furious, someone has taken an egg that belongs to him, this should be received by him as both a deep offense and a declaration of war against him. So, yes, he should come attacking everyone in that area, given the fact that anyone there could be in possession of the egg and his aggro radius should even be larger due to the fury of the moment!
    This will give greater depth to the weight of the mission's story, which will consequently increase the immersion of the players taking part in that mission!
    peregrinum.png
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • I think it's very interesting, because it's a dragon, I hope it's always remembered that dragons are high-class monsters or even the highest class of monster, and that this importance is visible in the game's dragons.

But I also think this is not a current priority, and I hope it will be remembered when the focus of testing is on polishing the world.
  • I get it and am aware that it is simply the Game Mechanic,

but indeeed - > it is a bit weird that Fireband comes - seems pissed - and then "patiently waits there" - indicating that Players could even run away with his Egg-like Artifact or something and he wouldn't care. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • The only thing that dragon should be eating is players when they hit 10% HP. On a serious note, I doubt this is the final way this event is going to play out. I feel like they slapped the first sketches of that point of interest and the world boss together, just for sake of showing the basics. I don't think the POI or the world boss interactions are finished.