Was there a desaturation pass on Ashes of Creation?

SalpygidisSalpygidis Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
f9en6jot11ik.png
I think the best Ashes of Creation has ever looked was during the initial melee weapons showcase. All of the following streams seems to have muted most of the colors in the rest of the world. Do you think this is just a difference of where the showcase is taking place, or they actually desaturated the world with some of their updates?

Comments

• TryolTryol Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    I'm guessing the lighting rework / move to PBR could be the culprit here.
    I hope they will make it more vibrant.
  • Could be that they're in different zones, so the lighting is different.

But I also think it looks better than in that melee showcase.

I wouldn't worry about it yet, it's very much work in progress.
  • LudulluLudullu Member, Alpha Two
    My current theory is still optimization. A showcase of one character with just a few mobs around is not the same as a party farming a whole location, let alone a full raid killing a boss.
  • SalpygidisSalpygidis Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    iccer wrote: »
    Could be that they're in different zones, so the lighting is different.

Yeah, everything is WIP but I just want to give my concerns that they may be progressing in the wrong direction XD
  • Salpygidis wrote: »
    iccer wrote: »
    Could be that they're in different zones, so the lighting is different.

Yeah, everything is WIP but I just want to give my concerns that they may be progressing in the wrong direction XD

Yep, of course.

It seems to change every time there's a showcase for some reason, so maybe they're trying out different things. Different seasons, different weather, different locations will probably all have different looks, whether due to lighting, saturation or w/e else.

I guess we'll see during alpha 2, so that's when we can actually give them better feedback.