What happens if I do this? explooooit? 😎

HaxzploidHaxzploid Member, Alpha Two
edited September 9 in General Discussion
Based on the videos I've seen, it appears that caravans are solid, as in characters do not clip through them.

So what would happen if players decided to use caravans to physically block narrow entrances, exits or other choke points? Would this not force PVP or deal with being blocked for ages?

Do monsters clip through them? Or could you use numerous parked caravans to make a maze and turn the game into tower defense? like imagine a boss type running back and forth in a maze of caravans..

Can't wait to get my hands on the game and test these things. 😎

kk2cgx36e6x2.png

Comments

• SmaashleySmaashley Member, Alpha Two
    Ashes of Labyrinth
  • PhamPham Member, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    edited September 9
    This type of thing happened in mortal online 2.

Players would (either intentionally or unintentionally) park their horses/mounts in front of building doors, trapping all the players inside the building and preventing access to the NPCs inside the building, for the players on the outside.

It took a ticket to a GM to get them to warn the owning player and then forcefully remove/kill the mount if they did not respond.
    "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." - Ephesians 6:11
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    I imagine there's gonna be a lot of shenanigans with these mechanics. I'm defiantly gonna try cramming caravans into whatever I can find to see if I can make them glitch out and go flying. I did it with a boat in Alpha 1 and was having a blast.
  • CaerylCaeryl Member, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    I mean, people could just destroy it in that case? It’d be mildly annoying though til then yeah
  • PhamPham Member, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    Caeryl wrote: »
    I mean, people could just destroy it in that case? It’d be mildly annoying though til then yeah

I'm not sure how it will work in Ashes or even if that's been set in stone yet, but in mo2 at least, it was inside towns and guards would insta-kill anyone who attacked a non-red mount/player in-town.
    "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." - Ephesians 6:11
  • CaerylCaeryl Member, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    Pham wrote: »
    Caeryl wrote: »

I'm not sure how it will work in Ashes or even if that's been set in stone yet, but in mo2 at least, it was inside towns and guards would insta-kill anyone who attacked a non-red mount/player in-town.

I’m talking about caravans, which are PvP enabled target.

Player collision doesn’t seem to have lasted to alpha 2 so I’m not that worried about collision for mounts.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha Two
    Archeage had some issues similar to this. People would park vehicles on bridges, which would prevent people from doing trade runs.

The issue they had there was that this happened in a PvE only zone. As such, this isn't an issue I see Ashes having.

As to the notion of this happening within a town;
    As you approach cities, caravansaries will confer a radius around the node; and that radius will be something visual to you in the world as you're approaching another node; and you will see a line- a disembark line where when you cross that line you've reached the safety zone; and that line cross is outside of the node in a similar distance, but also based on caravansary upgrades, that the placement of the caravan at launch is; and so you only have to make it to that line, and once you do the events surrounding the caravan and the ability to attack that caravan stops and it gets auto-moved into the caravansary. Guards will start to materialize around it. They'll grab the reins of the horse and begin to move the caravan slowly to the caravansary and now you've reached a pit stop
    According to this, players won't have control of caravans within towns.

To me, that would suggest that everywhere players have control over a caravan enough to block a pathway, that same caravan is also subject to PvP.

If this is the case, then the issue in this thread (that is indeed an issue in a number of games) is self rectifying.
  • What would happen? You would lose two caravans, not just one
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member, Alpha Two
    edited September 10
    So what would happen if players decided to use caravans to physically block narrow entrances, exits or other choke points? Would this not force PVP or deal with being blocked for ages?

Do monsters clip through them? Or could you use numerous parked caravans to make a maze and turn the game into tower defense? like imagine a boss type running back and forth in a maze of caravans..

I wouldn't even call that an Exploit.

Siege Vehicles,
    Caravans,

ANYTHING You can probably spawn and use somewhere in the World - > is completely fine and able to get used everywhere, right ? I could imagine that "Siege Vehicles" for Example are not being able to used anywhere, where there is not a Siege on a Castle or a Node for Example,

but i don't see any Reason why People shouldn't be able to drive Caravans everywhere. Because if i am not mistaken -> Caravans "are" indeed intended to be able to get spawned and driven/maneuvered to kiiinda everywhere. ;)

I am serious. It is not even an Exploit. It is just a Caravan being used in a likely unexpected way. But i wouldn't go as far as to say in a way that is absolutely not intended of being implemented in the Game.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • If players can find a way to abuse it, they will.

But if they do, that’s on the Devs.
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member, Alpha Two
    Based on the videos I've seen, it appears that caravans are solid, as in characters do not clip through them.

kk2cgx36e6x2.png

You'd lose all the resources you had to put into constructing the caravans, but if you're happy with that, then go have your fun!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
    What happens if I do this? explooooit? 😎

Depending on " WHAT " that is, that Players might exploit - > You could risk the Ban-Hammer if whatever the Exploit is, can be seen as enough of a Cheat, though.

Happened in Worst of Warcraft as well, a few times.

Nemeses wrote: »
    If players can find a way to abuse it, they will.

And then get probably banned by the Developers for it, or at least suspenced for a Week or Two.

I saw People getting banned over the Years for Stuff that was not even an Exploit. :D

Nemeses wrote: »
    But if they do, that’s on the Devs.

This is why i say -> the Devs can prevent that by banning or suspending People. Of Course one could "patch" the Game, until Possibilities that were there before - are no longer possible,

but if for Example a Patch would come into the Game -> that prevents "Caravans" from being spawned or driven anywhere clearly Offroads - or far away from a River where the Caravan would be a Raft,

then this would IMMEDIATELY be the Game being cut back and being nerfed in Freedom and hence, Fun. Only because someone spawned Caravans somewhere to create a tanky Blockade for some time. :neutral:

I just assume We are all on the same Page here - as Nobody of us wants that. No cutting back the Freedom of the Game and of the Players, only because someone might do something incredibly and/or outrageous with one of the many Fun Contents the Game will have. ;) . :sunglasses:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • FlankerFlanker Member, Alpha Two
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Is that AutoCorrect or...? :smiley:
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha Two
    Flanker wrote: »
    Aszkalon wrote: »

Nope. It's a German sense of humor.
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    Caravans can be destroyed.
    edited September 14
    Flanker wrote: »

Calling the Game "Worst" - of Warcraft, is actually a thing of Conviction of mine as a Warcraft and WoW-Fan of many Years and because of what the Game has become. :sweat_smile: . :mrgreen:

Noaani wrote: »

Actually " both " of You are correct. It kinda is auto-correct (on my own part) - and a Sense of Humor.
    But i wonder if my Humor is truly this much minted and shaped by me being German. ;)

Not wanting to sound negative - > but i doubt so many of my fellow Germans would dare to more or less openly voice being critical towards VideoGame Companies and their Games.

I occasionally play WoW even now these Days. ;) i play it like " One Month - every Two Months ", by subscribing around a 10th to a 15th of every Two Months,

then "grab" Trading Post Currency" for both Months because there is usually ALWAYS something in the Trading Post which i would kinda like to have, ( :mrgreen: )

and this way - i "play" - and " PAY " - only Six Months every Year. ;) because this Company doesn't deserve me paying 120 Bucks every Year anymore. ;)

They screwed to much with Warcraft-Fans like me,
    both competence-wise " AND EVEN " because of political Spite, which is the most pussified Version as a VideoGame Developer to commit a Hate Crime, ;)

and this is why dear Blizzard should be comfortable never getting full Payment from me again. ;)

I still kinda love WoW for what it was.
    I refuse to "hate" what it has become.

I hate what for incompetent, entitled Narcissists and Activists decide the Story-writing now. :sweat_smile:

But OOOHHHHH DAMN !! ( :star: . :star: )

They "FINALLY" re-work some of the Armor-Sets like the T2 Sets - like Players asked and actually begged them to do, for many Years. :heart:

I gotta be grateful for small Mercies. ;) - Alpha Two is still not here - so Azeroth is still allowed to have me visit here and then. 🙃
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • FlankerFlanker Member, Alpha Two
    Noaani wrote: »
    Wait, have they already unlocked it in their technology tree? :D
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited September 16
    have a suggestion that’s been brought up many times in EVE, which could have been effective if the developers had taken it seriously:

Implement a countdown timer! If a ship/vehicle/player remains stationary near certain objects (like gates/doors/station undocks/etc) for too long, the timer should trigger a PvP flag. Once the countdown reaches zero, it would mark the object/player for PvP and the the street lynch mob passing through will clear the way

It's so simple, omg so simple, why literally no devs made this ever? No balls?
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.