Dragon coins

Should have a system of a dragon tooth/coin, where if you killed dragon 20-30 maybe more times you can for sure trade at the special trader item you so desire. Honestly any token system is fun because it bring sense of farming. Also temporary buffs after killing dragon/any boss. Also a hate system, when you kill dragon enough times he will have a %higher to attack you during the fights. Also perma buffs for killing each boss in the game, should be not too strong tho. As well killing boss should give you access to some zone where you get more rewards.

Visually looks good, I would add knock up in the air/on ground, maybe for some bosses add vine capture, or stone forms, slows and so on. Should have ability to instant kill if not following script. Example circle on ground, cloud mists, distinguish colours.

Comments

• Sort of like ICC badges (from wow wrath) hmm.. I am in favor of a determinant loot earning progression system like this but wouldn't be that disappointed if it doesn't happen.
    "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." - Ephesians 6:11
  • ChaliuxChaliux Member
    edited September 10
    I dont like those token systems, but direct loot and reward that respects the players individual invested time and performance.

Tokens and collecting 100 of junk smells like shiny loot boxes / mobile games.

I know that token systems (WoW did it in depth), but personally I dont like it.

If a dragon has a heavy plate armor chest in his loot table, that seem to make sense to certain classes (due to stats on it), than just get it into the loot table with XY% and drop it / hope for it.
    If some minor snake boss in a jungle biom holds this poisened dagger in its loot table, just drop it at XY%. The next rogue (or whoever, depending on the item stats perhaps also other classes) should be able to get that drop, if lucky.
  • KingDDDKingDDD Member
    edited September 10
    Make dragons drop crafting materials like a tooth and have it be used in multiple recipes.
  • KingDDD wrote: »
    Make dragons drop crafting materials like a tooth and have it be used in multiple recipes.

I generally like this better. I've always found it strange that a dragon drops something like a wizard staff or that a loot table has arbitrary loot assigned to it. Dragons dropping teeth, scales, a heart, etc., that get used in many different crafting recipes feels more organic. The chest sitting in the back of the dragon's lair can have whatever in it though, I suppose.
  • Chaliux wrote: »
    I dont like those token systems, but direct loot and reward that respects the players individual invested time and performance.

Tokens and collecting 100 of junk smells like shiny loot boxes / mobile games.

I know that token systems (WoW did it in depth), but personally I dont like it.

If a dragon has a heavy plate armor chest in his loot table, that seem to make sense to certain classes (due to stats on it), than just get it into the loot table with XY% and drop it / hope for it.
    If some minor snake boss in a jungle biom holds this poisened dagger in its loot table, just drop it at XY%. The next rogue (or whoever, depending on the item stats perhaps also other classes) should be able to get that drop, if lucky.

The token system is actually less like loot boxes than the traditional gear-only loot system.

Because with the token system you are always guaranteed to get something that will be useful/desirable for you. Even if it takes a few times to get enough to acquire the desired gear piece, you are always making defined, guaranteed progress.

But with the gear-only loot system you are just rolling the dice each time - opening up / looting a corpse which may or may not have anything in it that benefits you at all.

tl;dr token system is less luck-based and more deterministic. gear-only is more luck-based and random (like loot boxes).
    "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." - Ephesians 6:11