Sharing My Custom Creations for Ashes of Creation Classes!

ReLamasReLamas Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited September 11 in General Discussion
Hello fellow adventurers,

I wanted to take a moment to share something I’ve been working on recently—some custom images that I created with AI to represent various classes in Ashes of Creation! 🎨✨

These images are my interpretation of how different classes might look and feel in the game world. I’ve put a lot of thought into capturing the essence of each class, from the powerful mages to the stealthy rogues, and I’m excited to share them with the community.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on these, and if you have any suggestions or ideas for other classes that you’d like to see, feel free to let me know! Your feedback is really valuable to me.

Here are a few of the images:

1. Spellshield (Tank-Mage)
a9qfpx2chlzu.png

2. SpellSword (Fighter-Mage)
tuir16n3jrq5.png

3. Highsword (Fighter-Cleric)
b6ikwjpatzqe.png

4. Cultist (Rogue-Cleric)
a8x16qdqaj9d.png

5. Bowsinger (Ranger-Bard)
a04ien4fp2iu.png

6. SongCaller (Bard-Summoner)
9u8ism1bl2w3.png

7. Shadowcaster (Mage-Rogue)
g9hdv87z8lez.png

8. Shadow Lord (Rogue-Summoner)
p3noedl51n7o.png

Looking forward to hearing what you all think! 😊

Safe travels in Verra! 🌟
c3xme7oecjh8.png
Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui

Comments

• Highsword seems to have stolen a finger from the Songcaller.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I like the hair on rogue summoner.
    But AI is bad for the creativite soul of mankind.
    Sure, it saves money and shortens work process, but the only thing we rly need AI for is to lock all nuclear weapons on the planet, and prevent us from trying to use them. Nothing else.
  • I like the hair on rogue summoner.
    Sure, it saves money and shortens work process, but the only thing we rly need AI for is to lock all nuclear weapons on the planet, and prevent us from trying to use them. Nothing else.

Are we talking Skynet or Collosus?
  • scottstone7scottstone7 Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm not really a fan of AI images myself. Missing fingers, extra fingers, weird eyes, creepy alienish faces, extra bow strings, missing or half missing bow strings. If someone has the talent to fix them they can be good, I've heard it's often more trouble than it's worth to do so though. I'm no graphic designer or anything even close to it so I cannot say for sure. Yours look pretty good, just touch up the few with bad spots and it'll be all good.

I like the hair on rogue summoner.

They make the big red buttons shiny for a reason. They are meant to be pushed.
  • PendragxnPendragxn Member
    edited September 15
    The Shadow Lord needs more minions! Honestly, I’m not a big fan of guns in fantasy games, though I did think the potion launcher in APOC was pretty cool. It felt different, not just another standard “oh, here are handguns” addition. It brought some variety.

That said, I'd much prefer something like daggers or more shadow-themed abilities. More shadow vessels or minions would fit perfectly. In my mind, the Shadow Lord would be much like the Shadow Monarch class from Solo Levelling—a powerful figure surrounded by shadows and minions that do their bidding. That’s the kind of vibe that would elevate the character.
  • scottstone7scottstone7 Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree with the minions and the no guns. I've always viewed Shadow Lords or Shadow Knights as similar to Battlemages or Paladins. A Fighter of some form with Necromancer powers. Having a much weaker minion or two at their side and touch based powers, life-steal, disease, poison, curses. Things of that nature. No where near as strong as a true Fighter or a true Necromancer, just as deadly if done right.
  • PendragxnPendragxn Member
    edited September 15
    I agree with the minions and the no guns. I've always viewed Shadow Lords or Shadow Knights as similar to Battlemages or Paladins. A Fighter of some form with Necromancer powers. Having a much weaker minion or two at their side and touch based powers, life-steal, disease, poison, curses. Things of that nature. No where near as strong as a true Fighter or a true Necromancer, just as deadly if done right.

### The Difference Between My Idea of a Shadow Lord and Necromancer

In my conceptual opinion, the Shadow Lord is distinct from the Necromancer in key ways. While both wield dark powers, the Shadow Lord—rooted in the rogue class—should be a physical fighter with summoning abilities, unlike the purely magical nature of a Necromancer. A Shadow Lord doesn’t raise the dead; instead, they manipulate and resurrect the shadows of fallen enemies as vessels or minions to serve them. This adds a more ethereal and tactical element to their summoning abilities compared to the Necromancer, who controls physical undead creatures like skeletons or zombies.

I also believe that the base classes, like the rogue, should feel different from their secondary archetype forms. When a rogue combines with a summoner to become a Shadow Lord, the result should be a hybrid class that unlocks new abilities unique to that combination. While it can share some similarities with both base classes, the secondary archetype should introduce fresh powers and skills as part of a class progression system. This way, the transition to a secondary class feels rewarding and transformative, creating a more dynamic gameplay experience.

A Shadow Lord commands the power of shadows, using dark magic to manipulate and control the shadows of fallen enemies. Instead of raising the actual dead like a Necromancer, a Shadow Lord can resurrect the shadow or essence of defeated foes, transforming them into shadowy vessels or minions. These shadow creatures are bound to the Shadow Lord’s will, acting as extensions of their dark power.

In contrast, a Necromancer focuses on death magic and reanimation. They directly raise the physical bodies of the dead, turning corpses into undead minions like skeletons or zombies. The Necromancer's power revolves around controlling life and death, drawing upon the deceased's remains, while the Shadow Lord works with intangible shadows and dark energy to create their servants.

So, while the Shadow Lord uses the shadows of the fallen as ethereal tools, the Necromancer commands the physical undead.

I wouldn’t say a Shadow Lord is weaker than a Necromancer—their play styles are simply different. While the Shadow Lord is a hybrid class, blending physical combat and summoning, this doesn’t mean it’s less powerful. It’s more about versatility and how you approach battles. Hybrid classes aren’t meant to double down on a single role, like a fighter/fighter or mage/mage combination, which creates a more specialized “pure class.”

A Necromancer, in contrast, is also a combination class rather than a pure one, mixing death magic with summoning undead. Both the Shadow Lord and Necromancer have their strengths, but each brings a different tactical edge to the battlefield based on their class synergy and mechanics.
  • LodrigLodrig Member
    edited September 15
    I think your description of Shadow Lord (Rogue/Summoner) is what a Shadowmancer (Summoner/Rogue) would be (did you perhapse get them mixed up)?

The larger number and power of summoned entities should recide with the class that has Summoner as a primary archetype, while secondary summoners get fewer and weaker summons. Obviously either of these Shadowmancer summons are shadow flavored due to the Rogue secondary archetype and to be consistent with the name. This would be the class that has to be distinqushed from Necromancer by a distinction between undead and shadows as their core gameplay is both summoning based.

My proposal would be to make the Shadowmancer summons collisionless and imune to CC, because they are etherial ghosts, they also do more debuffing when hitting oponents and less raw damage, maybe things like mana drain etc, while the undead are imunne to critical hits, sleep, stuns and other mind effecting abilities. That's tactically distinct and lore consistent. In addition I would let the Shadowmancer disguise AS one of their own summons while retaining their normal melee and movement so they can go in for direct combat at reduced risk while presenting a shell game to their oponents. Necromancers on the other hand should have lifesteal buffs they can put on their summons, allies or themselves. Thus each is able to present some of their secondary archetypes defining characteristic, that of surprize attack and healing in the context of their summoned minions.

Note that a Shadow Lord (Rogue/Summoner) is better off as a 'Shadow clone Jitsu' Ninja, in which what they can make are illusionary duplicates of themselves which they can move and possibly swap between to confuse an trick their oponents with. Think Wu Kong from LOL. The clones do no damage and can be killed easily, their only purpose is misdirection and aiding the Shadow Lord in delivering the normal Rogue sneak attack and subsequent escape. This is appropriate as a 'soft' summoning secondary and it's done in a way which directly synergizes with and supports the primary archetype and is much better then just giving them an attack pet, which is going to be a common enough in other Summoner secondary classes.
  • When it comes to choosing between a Shadow Lord, Shadowmancer, or any other similar shadow-based class, what truly matters to me is the playstyle that aligns with the core concept I enjoy. Whether it's manipulating shadows, blending into darkness, or wielding stealth and deception, the distinction between a "Shadow Lord" or "Shadowmancer" isn't as important as how the class plays and feels.

At its core, the difference I want to highlight is between a shadow-based class and something like a Necromancer. While Necromancers typically rely on summoning undead minions and tapping into the power of death, shadow-based classes focus more on evasion, stealth, and manipulating the battlefield in a subtle, tactical way. A Shadowmancer might drain life force, confuse enemies, or disappear into the shadows, while a Necromancer stands more as a puppet master, commanding an army of the dead.

If I don’t find a shadow class that matches what I’m looking for, I’m happy to explore other classes that have a playstyle I resonate with. For me, it’s less about the title and more about the mechanics and feel of the class.
  • Yuck!
    No matter how good an AI imagine looks, it's still made of clichés, everything looks extremely generic
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.