START DATE OCT 25 OR NOV 8...

you guys have pages showing both depending where you look... can you clarify.. id like a credit for catching this mistake. thanks

Comments

• This is not a mistake. People who bought A2 access before the current key bundles have access from 25th. Anyone with the key from the current bundle gets access on the 8th
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So since you got it wrong, they will instead apply a penalty to your account. You now start one weekend after everyone else.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • damn... more unfair advantages to early backers....
  • Caww wrote: »
    damn... more unfair advantages to early backers....

Lol getting to play the Alpha early isn't "unfair"
  • ShadonSolShadonSol Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    This is not a mistake. People who bought A2 access before the current key bundles have access from 25th. Anyone with the key from the current bundle gets access on the 8th

To clarify, each of the 3 packs currently available in the shop grant access starting on a different date.
    The Wave 1 bundle grants access on 8. Nov. 2024.
    The Wave 2 bundle on 20. Dec. 2024.
    The Wave 3 bundle on 1. May 2025.
    Alpha 2 Phase 1 starts on October 25, 2024, for anyone who purchased the Voyager pre-order pack (or higher), the founder kickstarter pack (or higher) and everyone who won an Alpha 2 key.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Caww wrote: »

100k + players trying to log into an A2 launch. I have access to that weekend and I don't think I want to get into that mess. My guess it will take a week or two to get this working well. Maybe a month.

Lol getting to play the Alpha early isn't "unfair"

I was being snarky with an oblique reference to another post...
  • ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

servers will probably be wiped in between weeks of testing so there's no unfair anything. I don't think you guys really understand what you're signing up for
  • Apok wrote: »

servers will probably be wiped in between weeks of testing so there's no unfair anything. I don't think you guys really understand what you're signing up for

The goal is to persistent but will occur when needed which could be often lol Just parroting what the Alpha two road map video said, also I think most of us are aware of what we are signing up for with a good portion it probably wouldn't be their first time considering the age of the demographic.
  • Zehlan wrote: »
    ....considering the age of the demographic.

you callin' us old???!!!

you callin' us old???!!!

I as a Player approaching my Fourties can say proudly that i was "old enough" to have witnessed the golden Age of VideoGames when i approached my Twenties. ;) . :mrgreen:

The sad part about most if not all Video Gamers who are now about 20 Years of Age, is that most of them have probably not played any good Games.

Only if they had help / Recommendations from older Players. But hopefully i see this just a bit to negative.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • When is anything ever fair? Mostly when the “fair” thing sucks.
    Zehlan wrote: »
    ....considering the age of the demographic.

you callin' us old???!!!

ya!