Quest for spells

I would LOVE to see quests for at least some of the spells to unlock them. It would be fun to have to go find someone to train you how to cast, say, a fireball, on a volcano or something, and him give you a quest using a light powered version of the spell to kill something specific, then prove yourself with the creatures head, or something to that effect. So much better than just gaining spells when you level.

Comments

• i think we will already have that for augments. i hope we don't get them for base spells x-x
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Peeger wrote: »
    I would LOVE to see quests for at least some of the spells to unlock them. It would be fun to have to go find someone to train you how to cast, say, a fireball, on a volcano or something, and him give you a quest using a light powered version of the spell to kill something specific, then prove yourself with the creatures head, or something to that effect. So much better than just gaining spells when you level.

I would love this, but make them super difficult
  • Chicago wrote: »
    I would love this, but make them super difficult

That would f~ true Casual Players over who are not or "no longer" up to the Level of "super" difficult, though.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • Should there be unique spells received by completing an epic quest much like unique items.

I’ve always thought that beyond the basic core spells, a mage ought to be able to invent their own or discover spells through exploring and questing.