How much notice will there be before launch?

I have search around the wiki and can't find a mention of this.

How much notice do people expect before launch date?
How much notice do comparable games provide?

Comments

• CaerylCaeryl Member
    They're only just getting into Alpha 2, so don't expect an ETA for launch for another few years (and then push that ETA by about 6 months for a more accurate guess)
  • ShivaFangShivaFang Member, Alpha Two
    There will be two betas before launch, so that'll be some notice.
  • blatblat Member
    edited October 6
    Caeryl wrote: »
    They're only just getting into Alpha 2, so don't expect an ETA for launch for another few years (and then push that ETA by about 6 months for a more accurate guess)

Well that doesn't answer the question. I'm definitely not expecting an ETA for launch any time soon.
  • blatblat Member
    ShivaFang wrote: »

You're right, that's something.
    The reason I ask is; I've decided to avoid Alpha2 due to other commitments, I'm wondering roughly how much notice I can expect when the announcement does happen (to finish projects, buy a suitable machine etc).
  • CaerylCaeryl Member
    blat wrote: »
    Caeryl wrote: »

Well that doesn't answer the question. I'm definitely not expecting an ETA for launch any time soon.

If it's just 'will there be notice' then yeah of course. Alpha2's set date had a bit over a month's notice, wouldn't expect to have an less than that for the proper launch
  • DepravedDepraved Member, Alpha Two

The reason I ask is; I've decided to avoid Alpha2 due to other commitments, I'm wondering roughly how much notice I can expect when the announcement does happen (to finish projects, buy a suitable machine etc).

just playyyyyy >:
  • blatblat Member
    Depraved wrote: »

just playyyyyy >:

Lol trust me the temptation is strong, I've been frothing at the mouth to play this game.
    You lot play it for me and I'll have to make do with the YT content : )
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    they will most likley announce it 9 months out with a ''Q4'' type of deal, and then miss that time frame by about another 8-12 months
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    Chicago wrote: »
    they will most likley announce it 9 months out with a ''Q4'' type of deal, and then miss that time frame by about another 8-12 months

We love a good deadline.

68p6bck6sl9t.gif
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here.
    And all the emptiness inside disappears.