High-Fantasy AI Image Modification Pics

Just got into AI imaging - freakin' WOW!

Am brand-new to the stuff, so my images aren't as-close to me as I want, yet; Still figuring out filters. Thought to share some fun ones that have come out, so far, relating to high-fantasy settings, such as AoC.

Here's the base, actual photo of me:

m9g2vson2ctd.jpg

Here's with some fantasy cinematic filters, commanding it to dress me as a king, surrounded by knights. I keep having to specify "man", because AI engines tend to turn me into a woman....

zl9kmvsjdso0.jpg

0tbvvfc142d7.jpg

It's not perfect (one hand is WAY too long, if you look close), but am definitely having some fun with this stuff, so far.

Trying to figure out how to turn myself into a Py'rai Elf, if anyone has any suggestions. I'd also love to figure out how to put Wolverine claws on Steven Sharif....

Comments

• VarganVargan Member
    v4d40qd6sq4f.jpg
    Too bad, you lose! The correct sequence was blood - blood - blood.
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member, Alpha Two
    They captured your hair, but they they didn't manage your kind eyes :)
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member, Alpha Two
    edited October 9
    Oh, I'm getting better, at this! Managed to find a way to get it to figure your actual head into the photos, without it "re-imagining" it.

Two me in AoC-esk royal battle armor:

ki05h66wm4ef.jpg
    oa8kg5qvkf1y.jpg

It's kind of distorting the eyes, eyebrows and teeth, but I'm still learning!

• Nice
  • daveywaveydaveywavey Member, Alpha Two
    Yep, those are more recognisable as you. Just think how good the next ones will be!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha Two
    While this isn't usually my kind of thing, I have to say - nice work so far.
  • SunboySunboy Member
    You inspired me to write an isekai intro song for you with AI. Aptly named "I Was Killed by AI and Reborn as a Palace Guard but Betrayed and Now Forced to Level Only with Crafting"
    https://suno.com/song/a26c903c-717a-4e6a-9060-63b4705b9068

Shameless plug
    https://suno.com/invite/@solpojken

much love <3
  • DepravedDepraved Member, Alpha Two
    Just got into AI imaging - freakin' WOW!

Am brand-new to the stuff, so my images aren't as-close to me as I want, yet; Still figuring out filters. Thought to share some fun ones that have come out, so far, relating to high-fantasy settings, such as AoC.

Here's the base, actual photo of me:

m9g2vson2ctd.jpg

Here's with some fantasy cinematic filters, commanding it to dress me as a king, surrounded by knights. I keep having to specify "man", because AI engines tend to turn me into a woman....

zl9kmvsjdso0.jpg

0tbvvfc142d7.jpg

It's not perfect (one hand is WAY too long, if you look close), but am definitely having some fun with this stuff, so far.

Trying to figure out how to turn myself into a Py'rai Elf, if anyone has any suggestions. I'd also love to figure out how to put Wolverine claws on Steven Sharif....

damn, you have great elvish hair ;3
  • TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member, Alpha Two
    Alright - last ones, for this thread. Figured out how to improve "masking", for better-quality images. I think the messed-up teeth in the degraded images of me in armor is a tad more medieval-looking, but these are more-pleasing, to me:

u93ganko5zte.jpg
    kshmmbvahnph.jpg
    zsbrv6nnf4x7.jpg
    wv64z538s6r4.jpg

AI sure does love taking liberties in adding stubble to my chin....
  • Welcome to the future! lol well sort of. Yeah its getting better and better these days. One thing to start trying to do is layered photoshop editing. keep stuff from the older images that you like by erasing the new parts. over time you can refine the details for a much higher quality picture than the a.i. alone can generate.

heres an old personal creation of mine. This is a base collage image I photoshopped together from various things to get the form and feel of the character down.

6vjptwq7xa3s.png

after many generations I finally got an image that I liked, resulting in this "true base" image.

4yxbs4c0nu26.png

from there I generate varying zoomed in images of the character to try and create more detail, keep what I like, erase what I dont, until i end up with this.

8hvfqmpppq9m.png

And then at the final hurdle I personally use an upscaling tool that smooths out and enhances the image, culminating in this image.

qemkvdq3nskh.png

This is my favorite part of A.I. right now, Maybe by itself its not the best, but with some elbow grease and guidance even someone like me who cant draw a straight line to save his life can create awesome images like this. (Before the haters, yes the image is not perfect and there might still be issues, but I really like this image because I was able to bring forth what I was visualizing in my mind, and that's more valuable than anything.)

8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Practice some actual art instead :)

That'll do you much more good than relying on the plagiarism machines
  • Caeryl wrote: »
    Practice some actual art instead :)

calling ai art plagiarism is like calling any artist who gets inspired by the things they see in their life plagiarists. These things are not copy pasting.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
  • Sathrago wrote: »
    Caeryl wrote: »

calling ai art plagiarism is like calling any artist who gets inspired by the things they see in their life plagiarists. These things are not copy pasting.

They do copy-paste. That's how they function. Frankensteining existing art together. That's why it's possible to 'poison' art so AI fucks up the render, because it's pulling directly from image files
    Sathrago wrote: »

They do copy-paste. That's how they function. Frankensteining existing art together. That's why it's possible to 'poison' art so AI fucks up the render, because it's pulling directly from image files

Ai generators do not save or keep the images of the things it looks at. its given a variety of images to look at and creates a style that mostly closely keeps the qualities the trainer wants. Just because a generator is trained on images of ichigo from bleach does not mean it takes pieces of each image and then "frankensteins"| them together. Otherwise you would be able to reverse associate these "pieces" you think are there and perfectly align them in the original image they were torn from.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
  • RocketFarmerRocketFarmer Member, Alpha Two
    There are certain folks who say the art comes from demons, whether they inspire the artist or the machine.
  • Sathrago wrote: »

Ai generators do not save or keep the images of the things it looks at. its given a variety of images to look at and creates a style that mostly closely keeps the qualities the trainer wants. Just because a generator is trained on images of ichigo from bleach does not mean it takes pieces of each image and then "frankensteins"| them together. Otherwise you would be able to reverse associate these "pieces" you think are there and perfectly align them in the original image they were torn from.

It isn't 'looking' at anything. It isn't 'creating' anything. It's taking thousands of people's work and hodge podging a mash of it together. That's why the hands are always wrong, why it doesn't handle perspective well, because it's not smart, it has zero concept of anatomy, all it does it take image data and mashes it together. There is no possible way you drank the koolaid so severely you genuinely think it's doing any kind of genuine creating.

Seeing these art-theft machines spread and taint everything, 75% of all image searches, having a 'smart' anything shoved into every search function, 'writing' articles with wrong information that has a lot of words but says nothing of value because it's just regurgitating words it's been force fed. There are students relying on 'AI' to churn out essays instead of learning how to read a book and formulate their thoughts into words. Automation belongs in menial labor and factory style tasks, not in creative works which they are fundamentally incapable of creating because they cannot think.

It isn't 'looking' at anything. It isn't 'creating' anything. It's taking thousands of people's work and hodge podging a mash of it together. That's why the hands are always wrong, why it doesn't handle perspective well, because it's not smart, it has zero concept of anatomy, all it does it take image data and mashes it together. There is no possible way you drank the koolaid so severely you genuinely think it's doing any kind of genuine creating.

Seeing these art-theft machines spread and taint everything, 75% of all image searches, having a 'smart' anything shoved into every search function, 'writing' articles with wrong information that has a lot of words but says nothing of value because it's just regurgitating words it's been force fed. There are students relying on 'AI' to churn out essays instead of learning how to read a book and formulate their thoughts into words. Automation belongs in menial labor and factory style tasks, not in creative works which they are fundamentally incapable of creating because they cannot think.

i mean, get angry all you want. You are just wrong. its clearly a tool that needs our guidance to work properly. you are saying it cant do hands, but the newer high tech models are making fully animated videos with great quality. let alone something like hands being a problem anymore.

Just because some guy can stack sticks and make a beautiful house out of it doesnt mean you should destroy a machine that can do the same to save that guys job. If artists really care for their work they will make it viable. You are not entitled to any paying customer. Also its funny that you say automation is not something that should be in the creative works, when you have stuff like photoshop, upscaling tools, etc that get rid of so many of the menial tasks that we used to have to go through just to draw a picture.

Join the new world buddy you will be much happier.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
  • CROW3CROW3 Member, Alpha Two
    Folks said the same thing about printed books, radio, movies, cars, computers, the internet, and - oh yeah - video games.

It’s just a technology.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • CROW3 wrote: »
    Folks said the same thing about printed books, radio, movies, cars, computers, the internet, and - oh yeah - video games.

It’s just a technology.

Technology that's built expressly to take input stolen from others to churn out things to people while also royally screwing over the environment, just like cryptocurrencies are rife with fraud and laundering schemes and also screw over the local environment via 'mining' centers.

Sath and too many others either don't see the issue ethically with that, or they're just deciding it's fine. There is so much heinous shit going on with 'AI' plagiarized images, voices, and videos I can't possibly ever support it being so invasively common as its become.
    CROW3 wrote: »

It’s just a technology.

Technology that's built expressly to take input stolen from others to churn out things to people while also royally screwing over the environment, just like cryptocurrencies are rife with fraud and laundering schemes and also screw over the local environment via 'mining' centers.

Sath and too many others either don't see the issue ethically with that, or they're just deciding it's fine. There is so much heinous shit going on with 'AI' plagiarized images, voices, and videos I can't possibly ever support it being so invasively common as its become.

people using a technology maliciously does not mean the technology is innately "heinous" or "illegal". You have just decided its not fine. At the end of the day without guidance its not going to do anything. We have the creative input, not the machine.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
  • It is useless arguing with ai-bros. No matter how many arguments you provide or suggest to read scientific articles about how it works or to exercise some basic empathy. its useless. 
    And AI is not just technology. It is a not properly regulated mess as of right now serving the main purpose (as intended) to make rich people richer. As a tutor, I can say that the current state of education is in shambles. It is better in technical subjects but absolutely devastating in anything unrelated to mathematics, physics, and so on.

AI could be a great thing; nuclear energy could be a great thing. And yet human greed and stupidity corrupt.

P.S. . I am glad Interpid decided to use their own voices to generate characters voicelines. I was ready to be disappointed but glad I was wrong.
  • CROW3CROW3 Member, Alpha Two
    It is useless arguing with ai-bros. No matter how many arguments you provide or suggest to read scientific articles about how it works or to exercise some basic empathy. its useless. 

I'm happy to discuss the scientific merits. I've worked with a few different AI applications in the genetics and healthcare spaces - open to hearing more about what scientific articles you'd like to share. I don't think crafting a fairly flimsy box of 'ai-bros' and 'not ai-bros' exercises much empathy either.

What I do know is that AI has enabled physicians across the country to order targeted genetic testing to diagnose hereditary conditions that can be significantly mitigated (if not avoided entirely) by early therapeutic intervention based on targeted AI-exome solutions we implemented years ago. That doesn't preclude artists holding on to the basic rights over their own creations, but AI is a significant tool in spaces that have practical, real, meaningful impact on the human condition.

And AI is not just technology. It is a not properly regulated mess as of right now serving the main purpose (as intended) to make rich people richer. As a tutor, I can say that the current state of education is in shambles. It is better in technical subjects but absolutely devastating in anything unrelated to mathematics, physics, and so on.

AI could be a great thing; nuclear energy could be a great thing. And yet human greed and stupidity corrupt

I think you get to my point in the end. Tech is tech, but it's applications are based on the humans that implement that tech. For instance, the same frequency modular that allows for basic cell phone end-points to operate are based on the modulators originally designed to allow torpedoes to hit their targets in WWII without being jammed by radio signals.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • As I said. I am not going to argue. And you are basically sharing my opinion on almost all the points except the human aspect (even though you deliberately shift your argument from art). I never said AI is useless or garbage. On the contrary, I said it is great as a technology. As a standalone tech, AI is great. It has many uses that can develop and help in different fields of life or science. And yet it is ruining art, writing, and education. If you were a teacher, writer, or artist, you would understand how much damage AI is causing in these specific fields.

And 'ai-bros' has nothing to do with empathy. It is always the same group of people that consider themselves 'artists', 'authors' and so on. But in reality, they are just thieves that use other people's hard work and talent without permission. 
  • SathragoSathrago Member
    edited October 15
    As I said. I am not going to argue. And you are basically sharing my opinion on almost all the points except the human aspect (even though you deliberately shift your argument from art). I never said AI is useless or garbage. On the contrary, I said it is great as a technology. As a standalone tech, AI is great. It has many uses that can develop and help in different fields of life or science. And yet it is ruining art, writing, and education. If you were a teacher, writer, or artist, you would understand how much damage AI is causing in these specific fields.

And 'ai-bros' has nothing to do with empathy. It is always the same group of people that consider themselves 'artists', 'authors' and so on. But in reality, they are just thieves that use other people's hard work and talent without permission. 

to boil it all down to stealing someones work without permission is why no one takes you seriously. You dont even understand how the A.I. generates the image. You are boiling over mad at how this affects artists when all it does is lower the floor to making art and I would argue raises the ceiling. If a full fledged artist used the tool they could save hundreds of hours in time and use the tool not only for reference images but to quickly try out variations on an image that might otherwise be too far designed to make major changes.

If you have the delusion that using other peoples work as reference is stealing then feed the ai only your own creations. But to try and grandstand like you were never inspired by the things you see for your art is delusional.

Also, I find it extremely sad that you think writers that use tools like chatgpt are stealing. Its the perfect tool to bounce ideas off of. If you dont like the stories or work someone makes with ai assistance then criticize the content if you can. Thats what truly matters. We cannot read peoples minds, you dont know if writers today are just refurbishing old stories they heard. We have tropes and all sorts of repetitive things in our culture and everything (for the most part) derives from something else.

But yeah, the machine helps do it and suddenly those works are worthless. Peak brainrot right there.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg