PET SYSTEM - Looking forward to this feature the most

muckypoomuckypoo Member
edited October 7 in General Discussion
Hi, this is my first post, and I'm looking forward to one feature of Ashes of Creation the most: the pet system.

After playing ~20 years of MMO's and MMORPG's, one thing I enjoyed the most: the in-depth pet-system of the game Rappelz.
This feature multiplied the fun factor of the MMORPG because players didn't just log in to progress their characters in-game, but also their pets. Lets call it the addictive tamagotchi-effect.

Not just a loot pet or "useless" deco pets, but a pet system where each pet has multiple forms and evolutions. Each evolution of a pet has a distinct appearance and offers new abilities to the pets. Different pets have different skills. Pets must be tamed and come with different rarities (common, uncommon, rare, legend, epic). Pets have specific gear, f.e. a tamed fire pixie uses magic weapons / armor and a tamed orc uses physical weapons / armor for better stats and skill performance. And so much more [...]

A glimpse of the pet system from Rappelz can be found here:

I think that a pet system will make Ashes of Creation really unique and bring it a huge competitive advantage, as there is no modern MMORPG that offers such thing, currently on the market. However, the game Rappelz still exists because of its pet system since 2006!

Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback.

muckypoo~

Comments

• FlankerFlanker Member, Alpha Two
    n8ohfjz3mtqg.png
  • Flanker wrote: »

Frankly, I have not. Thanks for sharing. It seems as if Intrepid has an "in-depth pet system" on scope. The potential for the game is huge. I'm looking forward to this feature.
  • patrick68794patrick68794 Member, Alpha Two
    Not gonna lie, more than half the reason I used to sub to WoW was for the pet collecting/battling. I don't expect anything like that in AoC but I've always really liked having something unique and different from the MMO norm to do like that system.
  • CawwCaww Member, Alpha Two
    seems like the pet aspect in this game is going to be more interesting than most others have done in the past
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    This is a great video on pets as well

https://youtu.be/zb2G2BtpiVE?si=PSLIvUSqZr7sXJp2
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    I am interested in how Summoner will play out class to class. I would love to see Bards get song bird, or song birds as a pet. That does not add a combat pet but enhances the Bards music and dance. By range, layering more buffs or anything else along that line.