Node suggestion

What's your thought on adding a PVE siege on metropolises? PVE event would trigger if the city has been active for a given amount of time, or multiple failed sieges. Event could consist of waves of mobs including multiple bosses, that would require coordination from multiple guilds. Or maybe even waves of difficult enemies and a world boss could spawn on top of the defeated metropolise. Could have time senstive legendary quests giving rewards based on the type of node. These events would help reset world bosses tied to that node that was defeated. Would give insentive to restart a city, and would give reason to go back to other zones to develop cities again

Message #general-chat

Comments

• Personally, I think legendary loot should stay as it is now ... as drops from high level world bosses or crafting.

If it was a quest reward, there would be no incentive to participate in challenging group content or the artisan disciplines.
  • PurrevilPurrevil Member
    edited October 8
    That's true. Maybe instead of quests the bosses drop a bundle of rare materials, or maybe even a mount?
  • GithalGithal Member

TBH the monster coin events seems like a wasted potential. The idea behind the event sound really cool, BUT..
    First and most important problem with them is that you can buy them in the cosmetic store.
    This by its own makes the impact those events have be minimal else it will be considered a P2W.

So the events should have larger impact. And if the monsters win then the result can be Potential destruction of nodes, destroying the wildlife in the ZOI (meaning trees/herbs/ores/animals and ect get depleted), Infesting a dungeon making it a lot harder and ect.

• Purrevil wrote: »
    What's your thought on adding a PVE siege on metropolises? PVE event would trigger if the city has been active for a given amount of time, or multiple failed sieges. Event could consist of waves of mobs including multiple bosses, that would require coordination from multiple guilds. Or maybe even waves of difficult enemies and a world boss could spawn on top of the defeated metropolise. Could have time senstive legendary quests giving rewards based on the type of node. These events would help reset world bosses tied to that node that was defeated. Would give insentive to restart a city, and would give reason to go back to other zones to develop cities again

Message #general-chat

For the quests, you could be rewarded blueprints for buildings or permits for selling items within the city, Maybe even a set period of time that you wouldn't be taxed.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member, Alpha Two
    Purrevil wrote: »
    What's your thought on adding a PVE siege on metropolises ?

PVE event would trigger if the city has been active for a given amount of time, or multiple failed sieges. Event could consist of waves of mobs including multiple bosses, that would require coordination from multiple guilds ... ... ...

In Danger of sounding a bit Douchebaggy here (lol) -> i think in an MMO, where the leading Designers and Developers want to literally put MASSIVE back into Multi Massive Online,

- i think a Node of like plus several hundred People - which has been around for Months or half a Year -> and which can NOT fend off Monster Waves and Boss Monsters that require like 120 to 200 People to defeat,

has no right to exist anylonger. If the People to fend off the great Danger are there - > but People think their Time is to good for that and they keep sitting on their butts instead of defending their Node,

than they should not complain if the HUUUGE Army of Monsters actually managed to destroy their Node. Okay i think this won't happen with PvE-Sieges if i am correct. But i think i heard/read that Monster Coint Sieges can at least severely damage a Nodes Infrastructure.

Something that might become fatal, if a PvP-Siege on the Node follows a PvE-Siege.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)