Character creator.

For the ones who bought the wave 1 A2 joining the tests in november, will we be able to access the character creator in 25th october?

Comments

• Separate Client character creator is not coming for a long time.
  • Carlisle wrote: »
    For the ones who bought the wave 1 A2 joining the tests in november, will we be able to access the character creator in 25th october?

No.
  • You know what is absolutely not funny ?

I think i heard about the Character Creator Feature around February to March. And liiiike - Phönix Initiative Members were supposed to test it first, right ?

Since then -> i didn't hear anything from it. :(
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Know what NDA means?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Aszkalon wrote: »
    You know what is absolutely not funny ?

I think i heard about the Character Creator Feature around February to March. And liiiike - Phönix Initiative Members were supposed to test it first, right ?

The creator is here already but not for everyone.
  • Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited October 10
    Hutchy1989 wrote: »
    Separate Client character creator is not coming for a long time.

I rewatched the AMA and Steven said the separate client would be somewhere in the middle of Phase I … so late autumn 2024.

I updated my comments in the other thread.

Just to be clear for other players who are wondering:

You will be able to use the character creator in-game on October 25th … but it won’t be a separate client until later this year.

In addition, the only three (3) races available for October 25th launch will be Kaelar, Empyrian, and Vek. Other races will be added to Alpha 2 later.
  • Aszkalon wrote: »
    You know what is absolutely not funny ?

I want to say we got a mention of it 2 dev-update videos, ago. Was under the impression is was to be available like 1 week before the launch of A2.

Is it not to be available before A2 launch? Anyone have news/a clip of this?

• Know what NDA means?

Considering you're the only one in here(so far) who has more than a member tag, the likelihood the rest of us signed any NDA with Intrepid is probably 0%. You have to be a party to an NDA to be beholden to it. I would bet good money that the rest of us are neither party to an NDA nor a recipient of confidential info from Intrepid. Especially since the only mentions on knowledge in here were based on rumors, e.g., "I heard". And unless I'm incorrect in my recollection, I haven't heard Intrepid claim speculation about NDA topics from non-NDA members is a violation re: ToS.

Anyway, back to the topic. They told us we won't have character creation prior to A2 launch, no separate character creator either. Unless it's a massive downgrade from what they showed in 2022, it'll be fine imo.
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That's kind of the point. If people are seeing it in an NDA environment they are not supposed to disclose what they see.
    So when people ask why we haven't seen more I would guess because Intrepid has chosen not to show more at this point and NDA people are doing as asked.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Myosotys wrote: »
    The creator is here already but not for everyone.

Makes Sense.

My Guess they are probably afr~ ... ... ... "concerned" to talk about it. In Case it doesn't work yet how they wanted it to work to be presentable.

Maybe this will change around October 25th and they will finally give some new Statements to it. Or maybe i just somehow managed to miss all Statements about it. :sweat_smile:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • That's kind of the point. If people are seeing it in an NDA environment they are not supposed to disclose what they see.
    So when people ask why we haven't seen more I would guess because Intrepid has chosen not to show more at this point and NDA people are doing as asked.

Is not quoting who you're replying to on purpose? Makes as much sense as entering a thread, one asking people with only November access to A2 a question, to humble brag about paying for an NDA. We get it; it's your first time having an NDA and you want to feel special. Btw, no one asked why we haven't seen more. That German guy(who has a post history with him talking about NDAs) was just saying he didn't hear anything. Akin to people who win a settlement and have an NDA who just keep hinting at being under NDA.

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think the point is that a separate Character Creator for people not in A2 is not scheduled until the end of Autumn 2024.