Animal Floating Island

After seeing the whale in T&L I thought it would be a cool idea to mention. I think we should get an ancient giant turtle island that moves or swims around in the sea. Honestly it would be pretty cool being able to climb on the back of it or make land from your ship once they add naval content. Possibly even mining or fishing off the back of its shell while it moves for some deep sea fishing.

If anyone else has any ideas throw them in the thread I just think it’s a really interesting concept to explore and super fun. I think any type of animal or monster that fits the world and doesn’t pose a threat to players would be a really cool addition.

Comments

• VarganVargan Member
    I love this idea.
    I vote on it being a lawless zone, with rare mats. >:)

It could also be an opportunity to interject with player numbers, by making it sink if there are too many on its back.
    Too bad, you lose! The correct sequence was blood - blood - blood.
  • OtrOtr Member
    Pendragxn wrote: »
    I think any type of animal or monster that fits the world and doesn’t pose a threat to players would be a really cool addition.
    Neutral leviathans which drop nothing of value would add to the lore of the game... Maybe.
    But why would they be immune to corruption?
  • Otr wrote: »
    Neutral leviathans which drop nothing of value would add to the lore of the game... Maybe.
    But why would they be immune to corruption?

It’s in the sea thought corruption only impacted the land and maybe it migrated who knows how far the sea goes to distant lands. Maybe it can fly escaping the corruption or maybe they have lore or resistance it’s a fantasy game make it up just make it sound somewhat logical.

• CROW3CROW3 Member
    Giant floating sandal... just wait.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • OtrOtr Member
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Giant floating sandal... just wait.

There are two of them with an ocean in-between
  • Heheh - I know what I'll be punching up tonight in AI imaging....

Will post with it, later.

Yours truly does enjoy the notion of a moving island, whose location isn't constant on the map.

• Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited October 11
    Yeah this would a fun idea- I made a post about this kind of thing a while back too:

"I heard there would be a focus on temporary locations based on the seasons/node progression, as well as quests that require some clue following.

I think it would be cool to take it a step further and have certain locations that are actual mysteries from the player-perspective and are very hard to even know they exist, and even harder to find.

This could be a small island that disappears for long periods of time, and when it appears can actually move around for a unknown reasons.

Or it could be a ghost ship that is concealed in fog that can only appear under certain conditions.

Or a floating island in the sky that can only be seen or accessed under certain conditions

It could be a portal to a dimension hinted at in the lore or in backgrounds of certain gameplay scenarios/cinematics

I think adding elements of actual mystery that the players themselves need to believe in, discover, locate, and tell tales of, would be a very awesome addition to the gameplay and social aspects."
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the idea of a temporary safe gathering zone for pve`ers like this..
  • The huge, living Turtle which is the "Starting Zone" of the Pandaren in WoW comes to mind ... ... x'D
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • If you google ancient turtle island there’s some cool fantasy images tbf. We need a flagship animal T&L has overdone it with the whale we need something!
  • If you google ancient turtle island there’s some cool fantasy images tbf. We need a flagship animal T&L has overdone it with the whale we need something!

Wouldn't that be a giant pheonix?
  • Ace1234 wrote: »
    If you google ancient turtle island there’s some cool fantasy images tbf. We need a flagship animal T&L has overdone it with the whale we need something!

Wouldn't that be a giant pheonix?

True are we getting a Phoenix in the game though that’s the question. I don’t know it’s just something about the whale it’s a cool idea why didn’t we think of that! The best bit tbf is you can interact with it like mining off its back and there’s some quest associated with it where you have to put stuff on its back. It just looks sick a celestial flying whale that gives everyone a buff that’s the kind of stuff I want to see in the game

• I'm sure you mean larger than this, but I didn't want to get sucked into AI image-generation for hours, tonight. (It's unusually addicting!)

Here's what it came up with, given a basic description:

tcfximzpskje.jpg

• akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 11
    I'm sure you mean larger than this, but I didn't want to get sucked into AI image-generation for hours, tonight. (It's unusually addicting!)

Here's what it came up with, given a basic description:

[/i]
    Above image is great! Any chance you can do 2-3 more variants?
  • PendragxnPendragxn Member
    edited October 11
    @GreatPhilisopher Yassss! This is the kind of thing we need magnificent! Look at how majestic it is I’m telling you it’s all about turtle island with ship and naval content maybe you can even reach it with your caravan.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Ships

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Raft_caravans
  • Pendragxn wrote: »
    @GreatPhilisopher Yassss! This is the kind of thing we need magnificent! Look at how majestic it is I’m telling you it’s all about turtle island with ship and naval content maybe you can even reach it with your caravan.

tbf , i had the same thought like 2 years ago but never bothered to ask cuz none of the questions i asked got picked for streams like never lol
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg

• tbf , i had the same thought like 2 years ago but never bothered to ask cuz none of the questions i asked got picked for streams like never lol

It’s okay bro we’re building traction on the forum towards our vision!
  • OtrOtr Member
    Pendragxn wrote: »

tbf , i had the same thought like 2 years ago but never bothered to ask cuz none of the questions i asked got picked for streams like never lol

:cry:
    But a good way to suggest is to post in the pinned threads rather than reformulating it as a question.
    For example you could have mentioned it in the pinned thread about caravans and suggest to have such a safe spot in the ocean for them.
    Or when they asked about favorite biomes, you could have mentioned islands with such living islands too in-between them. They don't have to be in the deep ocean if that conflicts with the overall intended game design.
    Or in threads about crafting as these could provide unique resources.
    Maybe it was a thread about world bosses too, something with respawn time. Respawn in this case would be the island coming up to the surface.
  • Honestly first thing that comes to mind when this was mentioned is something like in One Piece, Elephant Island Zunesha :smile: where it constantly roams the sea.
  • ChaliuxChaliux Member
    edited October 11
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    The huge, living Turtle which is the "Starting Zone" of the Pandaren in WoW comes to mind ... ... x'D

https://www.wowhead.com/zone=5736/the-wandering-isle

In place since.. 2012? Cant remember.
    Was cool back then, isnt amazing anymore.