Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dual Classes

One of the things that interests me immensely about this work in progress is the dual class system. This creates so many possibilities of classes that you'll see. So what combinations are you most looking forward to seeing, and playing?

For me personally playing a summoner with tank as a secondary is something I'm very excited about. Hard to kill while my minion(s) wear you down, and I cast from a far is very much my play style. On that note I also think maybe I should look in to healing as a secondary but that's more theorycrafting.

It's also interesting to think of combinations I had never really considered before such as a ranger healer, or a mage assassin(sounds OP). The possibilities are huge, and something I've never had in an mmo before. This freedom is something I'm used to only seeing in tabletop rpgs.

Comments

• Options
    Tank with summoner to possibly summon shield or blockades with my skills.
  • Options
    [quote quote=6193]Tank with summoner to possibly summon shield or blockades with my skills.

[/quote] this raises another point I'm very interested in finding out; "what kind of summoner the summoner will be". I really hope it involves companion creatures, as well as ethereal weapons. There are truly so many possibilities.
  • Options
    <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/user/vintersol/" target="_blank">@Vintersol</a> has a point, the summoning possibilities will be based on the secondary class you select. So, for example, a summoner + warrior will more likely be able to summon floating swords than a summoner + cleric combo.

Summoning animals... maybe summoner + ranger?
  • Options
    That will be one of my favorite parts! Seeing how a primary secondary will augment each other is going to be so interesting. The difference between a cleric mage vs a mage cleric. I truly can't wait for a more in depth class overview. There's a handful that will feel familiar, but so many that are totally foreign concepts to me in a mmo environment.
  • Options
    Personally I am really looking forward to playing bard + bard or bard + summoner. I really want to know how all the classes pan and what what differentiates them from each other.
  • Options
    I am already 100% Sure I will play a melee Tank like a warrior and then consider something like an assasin if it gives me an invisble skill or a mage if it gives me a teleport gapcloser but i am also really excited about this feature actually even more then about the nodes since one of my goals will be testing all different options there are
  • Options
    I've always been a fan of sword and board damage dealers and battle mage classes. I'd love to see also some paladin-like classes with a melee + healer/buffer mix
  • Options
    I generally play either a mage or a healer (I love ranged classes because I hate looking at giant mobs feet) so I'll probably be playing a healing mage. Not only are they my two normal roles but both generally use the same gear type and both hold the same position in the party (in the back)
  • Options
    Looking at the poll I'm glad to see there is such a variety of people looking to experiment with different classes, even if rouge and mage are the majority(surprise surprise :P).

Reading mrrosapony's comment made me really think about it more and as someone who loves pvp I always wish I made a stealth class. I may actually consider it this time around. Anything that will let me throw dots on people or cast fears will certainly suck me in tho.

Also as Karthos said, I'm super pumped for the ability to make a battle mage. It's been so long since I've seen a battle mage in an mmo.
  • Options
    In case there are people who do not follow along in the discord or lurk and don't like to write on forums, a google document to contribute to the "what classes do you want to play?" idea.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LnG5Smg8_ganbIkIafgwZH6JKwa3msrD-Nan6oRnIyI/viewform?edit_requested=true
  • Options
    if there is a buff class which specializes in making attacks stronger and even lifesteal or something like that i would defenitely look forward too either a twohanded or assassin class as first archtype into the buff class :)

About character progression... would you mind taking a look at my post?
    <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/solo-experience-character-creation-and-progressionwhat-about-goldsellers/" target="_blank">Solo experience, character creation and progression?What about Goldsellers?!?</a>

I know I know.... its not a good habbit, but the more people look at the post the more likely a staffmember or even developer takes a look.
  • Options
    [quote quote=6334]if there is a buff class which specializes in making attacks stronger and even lifesteal or something like that i would defenitely look forward too either a twohanded or assassin class as first archtype into the buff class
    [/quote]Sounds like Fighter/Bard or Rogue/Bard might be right up your ally.

I like to be on the frontlines, right in the middle of the battle. Right now I'm thinking some kind of Tank/mage maybe. That mixture of magical influence on traditional warrior aspects is interesting to me. I also really love stealth, so if the Rogue class has permanent or semi-permanent stealth that'll probably be my primary. I just don't really expect that.
  • Options
    Full plate fighter with bard for some heavy metal action!
  • Options
    [quote quote=6360]Full plate fighter with bard for some heavy metal action!

[/quote] lol that would be awesome if its done right
  • Options
    There is my question, can you go for example, assasin + assasin ? And what's next ? Your atacks are going to be stronger or you will get new special abilites ? Im interested about it ;o