Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Compatibility and requirements

(Posted this in the lore sub cause I'm mentally disabled lmao)

First off, congrats to the devs. The game already looks incredible and it’s still inalpha.

I read the game would have lower processor requirements than the usual, are there any specifics?

And also, (my apologies to die hard pc fans. I understand your plight, and agree that it is superior for gaming) will there be compatibility with mac and/or linux running systems?

Comments

• Options
    No, there won't be any requirements posted for a long span of time.
    The creative director did mention tho that they aim to let Ashes run on a wide variety of builds and Unreal engine helps a lot with customization on the user side.
    That's the best you can hope for, for now I would say.

Just my speculation, I would say if the audience is there, much like what they had to say about "where will servers be?" They will expand accordingly, applies here too.
  • Options
    I would love to see a Linux client, many gamers are starting to transition to it since new hardware is only supported on Windows 10 and Microsoft is locking direct x 12 on windows 10 as well. With unreal engine 4 and it's Vulkan support as well as easy ability to port using it, they could definitely get a lot of die hard players through a native client.
  • Options
    +1 on the Macintosh compatibility. I play WoW, Heathstone & EVE on my Mac. Initially during early development I understand it probably wouldn't make sense and/or not be worth the time and resources to implement; but somewhere down the line it would be awesome!

I think there are a lot of Mac users, (even though relatively few compared to Windows users) that own a Mac for work/a hobby and don't want to buy or can't afford a second computer alongside.